It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time of year again!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
If a person needs more than 3 simple words to convince them, then nothing will ever convince them. Just walk away.

I Love You.

Exactly!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Valentines Day, much like any other holiday, is as commercialized or as original as you make it.

I used to actually quite enjoy the day itself, that is of course when I had someone in my life I genuinely loved and cared about.

Doesn't have to be about buying expensive crap, all you have to do is throw a blanket on a picnic table in the park, get some Brazillian take out and a bottle of red, light a $1 candle ...and oh yes...some music

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Still some days to go. My advice to us guys: Just try to turn the V-day into one of ours, like if she's loving YOU she will bring you beer and food while watching the football games
On a more serious note, I will probably do the same as every year, have a nice day together and enjoying a diner in our favorite spot

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It seems that some men just don't understand the implications of this nefarious and diabolical holiday.

Now, one could spend loads of money on chocolates, flowers, dinners, movies, dancing, but for what? Sex with the wife? Why would anyone want that?

I propose that this valentine's day, men should spend their hard earned money on women that deserve it, strippers!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I Love You.

I love you too man...

edit on 4/2/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It seems that some men just don't understand the implications of this nefarious and diabolical holiday.

Now, one could spend loads of money on chocolates, flowers, dinners, movies, dancing, but for what? Sex with the wife? Why would anyone want that?

I propose that this valentine's day, men should spend their hard earned money on women that deserve it, strippers!

Ahhhhh the nudie bar!!!
Doesn't NOMAAM have a song for that.

I will make the sacrifice.
See ya at the nudie bar.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Unless they are also whores...all that does is get you revved up without satisfaction.... Of course, I'm in Tampa Bay, where most of them are whores (or at least in my experience when younger, hehe....)

Seriously though, it isn't about WHAT you buy, but how you make them FEEL... Show the gal you care about her and know her, and it's all good.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Ahhhhh the nudie bar!!!
Doesn't NOMAAM have a song for that.

In fact there is:

♫ Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, the nudie bar.♪
♫Where the girlies dance in their underpants, the nudie bar.♪
♫Where you see their butt, and their trap stays shut, at the nudie bar.♪

♫Where you can't touch a breast, but you can cave in a chest, at the nudie bar.♪
♫Where you look at a thigh, and blacken an eye, at the nudie bar.♪
♫Where the beer gives you gas, but the Bundys kick ass, at the nudie bar.♪

www.bundyology.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Valentines day can be traced back to its root in ancient mayan civilization, .... where a young lad would offer the gift of a still beating human heart to his object of affection.

If the heart beat remained strong, and the blood inside of it remained warm as she bit into it, ... then the pairing would be favorable, .... and he would then be fitted with a leash.

.... and while we may have replaced live hearts with candy filled red boxes, ..... i think the sentiments are the same.

Don't get me wrong, ..... i love women. .... but I agree, .... Forget Valentines day, .... its a corporate ruse, ... a joke, .... we dont need days relegated to us as acceptable times to make someones feel loved, ......... everyday is valentines day, .... and every moment, is special.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't understand the idea behind having a specific day to show your feelings and affections towards somebody else - surely you can do that any day of the year.

Of course, I do understand the reason, which is making money out of gullible punters.

Also, I don't know why everybody has got this idea that Valentine's Day is just men buying gifts for women; I've received Valentine's cards and gifts before ( some ''gifts'' being more appreciated than others
).

edit on 4-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I don't understand the idea behind having a specific day to show your feelings and affections towards somebody else - surely you can do that any day of the year.

Yeah, well, tell that to my wife about celebrating our anniversary!

Seriously, all any woman wants (or man, probably, but I only care about female) is this:

Evidence that you thought about them when they were not in the room.

"see mommy I made this for you" from the kids.

"I saw this in the store, and it made me think of our first date. I bought it back in october and I saved it for tonight." From me.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

What crappy nudie bar are they going to where you can't touch boob?

Seriously, all any woman wants (or man, probably, but I only care about female) is this:

Evidence that you thought about them when they were not in the room.

This advice is right on the money!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I think if a husband remembers his wife's anniversary then she will probably appreciate that more than the gift itself !

Anniversaries are different, though, because that date will have a personal significance to the couple.

Valentine's Day, on the other hand, is just a generic day where people may feel that they're expected to, via emotional blackmail from society, buy their beau or belle a gift to show their affection.

This makes the day particularly superficial, because are they buying their other-half a gift to demonstrate a true heartfelt feeling towards them, or are they just doing so to conform with the social norm that surrounds Valentine's Day ?

edit on 4-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, I see what you're saying and yeah I do know that I take things the wrong way at times.

Aha, but that is maybe the point I was trying to make - alot of people *don't see what you are saying* and only pick up on - and copy - the crude superficial aspects of fictional characters.

Maybe that makes more sense.

PS - gave you a star also, well expressed post.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Valentine's Day, on the other hand, is just a generic day where people may feel that they're expected to, via emotional blackmail from society, buy their beau or belle a gift to show their affection.

I understand what you are saying, and feel it's a genuine sentiment.

On the other hand "just because" other people use the holiday doesn't automatically invalidate it. Traditions serve us by giving us a skeleton or framework, which we can flesh out any way we choose.

What makes an occasion authentic is the life we put into it, and not how others are using the day for themselves.

It is only inauthentic IF you go through the motions without meaning them.

Sometimes my wife and I get a great laugh by "acting out" the stereotypes. It's also a chance to teach our children about demonstrating your love for your spouse. If you don't train the boys on how to date a lady, they sure as hell aren't going to learn from the TV. And the girls can see how a loving man treats the woman he desires.

I can still remember my Dad, lecturing me because I had failed to get my girlfriend a birthday present. He demanded to know why I hadn't gotten anything. I said "I couldn't think of anything she needs." That's when he dropped the bombshell on me:

"You don't give a lady something she needs! You give her something a lady might want....."

Special occasions, even the trite ones, are a chance to show your beloved how they exist in your mind's eye. Glamorous or strong or serene or whatever. Your gift is a form of communication: "Here is how I think of you."

Anybody who thinks finding a romantic gift is "too much work" deserves to be alone.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

edit on 5-2-2011 by MarineSniper12Kills because: wow my phone is whack

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

edit on 5-2-2011 by MarineSniper12Kills because: FML quad post...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

edit on 5-2-2011 by MarineSniper12Kills because: this is what happens at 2 in the morning

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Can't rape the willing. When she's awake she's willing....when she's asleep she's willing but taking advantage of the missionary position while resting her eyes as well. We both win either way. I must say if anyone is trying to get kinky for v day, stay away from the hersheys choc syrup. Sticky as mess and hard to wash off. I like to get a box of chocolates and some chocolate cool whip in a can. Pleasuring yet tasteful. But seriously if I don't get her anything I can go ahead and say I wont be getting any nookie for at least two weeks. I can't live like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

yes we all know that you don't like women. So much so you peruse every relationship thread telling us about it. Like a broken record.

Because instead of being flattered that someone finds you attractive no matter their gender, you act like its a bad thing. Hate to break it to you, your troubles aren't caused by a woman.
edit on 5-2-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join