It's that time of year again!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Attention Men! Important message from the President of the ATS Chapter of the Benevolent Order of the National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Master-hood!

Call it what you will, Valentine's Day, Guilt Trip Night, Unattached Drifter Christmas, Bank Account Black Hole Day. It all boils down to the same thing. Guys spending gobs of money trying to impress women.

Guys, why do you fall for it every single year? You KNOW what's going to happen, you know that you will spend gobs of money, act all romantic, and in the end, she probably will be too tired from dancing to do anything.

So men, this year, join me, in boycotting this horrid wretched holiday and all the waste it produces! Throw off the shackles of this horrid holiday and refuse to do anything for those sponges in our lives.

Boycot the following items:

Heart shaped boxes of chocolate
Flowers, especially roses
Teddy Bears
Fancy restaurants
Lingerie
and most of all
Chick Flicks

Lets take a stand against women today by taking back this day for men!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah Wukkie... I am happy to say that, thanks to my sunshine filled attitude, and all the excess baggage that the last 14 or 15 ex's left me mentally carrying... Meaning no women will get within 50 yards of me, even if I chase them... I've got this boycott totally covered on my end!

~Heff
edit on 2/3/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
As a woman, if a man bought me any of those things, I'd kick him square in the ballbag. Some of us just want a bloody good shagging and that's more than enough

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Katie sounds like a woman after my own heart!

Here's a protip: roll another legitimate holiday into Valentine's Day. Example: become "official" bf and gf on V-Day. Now you have both your anniversary and VD on the same day! Or get engaged or married on VD. See! Now you've nullified it!

Good luck staying a step ahead! We're definitely outgunned so you guys keep your wits about you!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
In 7 years, I have never got any of those things from my husband on Valentine's Day, nor have I expected anything.

It's just another consumer spending day and I dunno why people fall for it. Many of the couples I know are still paying for Christmas!

Maybe we should celebrate the anniversary of the day the business world said "OMG guys, we can turn all these silly traditions into reasons for people to buy crap they don't need!"

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Meaning no women will get within 50 yards of me, even if I chase them... I've got this boycott totally covered on my end!

I have same attitude and i have no interest in females ever.

Do not know why you people bother, and my attitude to them is they can go elsewhere if they come near me.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
to celebrate i just b rought a new wife (a mannaquin)

thats two i have now.

makes me feel like the OMEGA MAN (charlton Heston, not the new astocity of a pile of crap remake)

mannequins are generally a little more interesting to talk to and are better drivers.

[snip]

My First Wife

edit on 3-2-2011 by depressed67 because: add image

my new second wife (yet to arrive)

[link removed]
edit on 3-2-2011 by depressed67 because: correction to second edit, like i # a ****

edit on 2/3/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by depressed67

That's creepy in a whole new dimension.

link   
reply to post by depressed67

Wow, that's definitely an upgrade.

Are you concerned at all that your first wife might be jealous of your new wife? Or do you think they'll get along okay? I'm sure that kinda drama is the last thing you need.

link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Hefficide
Meaning no women will get within 50 yards of me, even if I chase them... I've got this boycott totally covered on my end!

I have same attitude and i have no interest in females ever.

Do not know why you people bother, and my attitude to them is they can go elsewhere if they come near me.

If you have no interest then why do you bang on about them in every single one of your posts?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

This is WAR!!!

We demand chocolates!
We demand flowers - especially roses!
We demand teddy bears!
We demand EVERYTHING!!!!
We will relinquish NOTHING!

We, the fairer sex will DEFEND Valentines Day using our wily ways.

We will fight them at the restauraunts, we will fight them at the florists, we will NEVER surrender! (Churchill's wife)

We ladies will celebrate Feb 14th in victory.

VVDD - Victory on 'Valentines Day' Day!

Bring it on guys

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Originally posted by KatieVA
As a woman, if a man bought me any of those things, I'd kick him square in the ballbag.

*Cancels flowers.
*Chocolates in the bin.
*Burns teddy bear.
*Cancels private Elton John performance...

That was a close call!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Oh I er....

...well if they came from you then it'd be a different story

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

We demand chocolates!

You will get no chocolates!

We demand flowers - especially roses!

You will get black wilted roses!

We demand teddy bears!

You will get no teddy bears!

We demand EVERYTHING!!!!

You will get nothing!

We will relinquish NOTHING!

You will get what you give.

As we all know, Valentines Day kicks off the hunting season for human females, we men should have known this by now, and those of us who don't know this often find ourselves victims of women's unyielding cruelty.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I was looking at Valentine cards yesterday and I saw one that I know my husband will get me if it's still there during his desperate, last minute run. On the front it says "I love you" and on the inside it says "But I HATE Valentine's Day, now can we just have sex?"

Bless his heart, the day torments him, I have no idea why, I'm pretty low maintenance as I think he's awesome year round. I blame marketing.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Guys, why do you fall for it every single year? You KNOW what's going to happen, you know that you will spend gobs of money, act all romantic, and in the end, she probably will be too tired from dancing to do anything.

Then she can be asleep for it, either way...guy's gotta get paid...

Seriously though, I usually send my wife an Edible Arrangement (google if you don't know what it is...basically it's chocolate dipped fruit arranged in a bouquet, etc.). She loves them. (and so do her co-workers).

Guys, you're not really getting flowers, etc. for HER...you're getting it for her self-esteem. Gals LOVE to get things at work from their man, that they can then kind of hold up to others. With the fruit thing, it has all the beauty of flowers, but the added bonus of things she can share with co-workers. It's a hit every time.

Add a nice romantic dinner, a new piece of jewelry, and you're set.

While I'd love to join the boycott (or rather my wallet would), I'd rather not deal with the repercussions of doing so...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Bless his heart, the day torments him, I have no idea why, I'm pretty low maintenance as I think he's awesome year round. I blame marketing.

Well, you may not think you are putting any pressure on him, but in fact you are. You probably would feel the pressure too if there was a guy oriented holiday. I suppose that the supper bowl would qualify but guys don't normally want anything from a woman during that time but peace and quiet.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno I suppose that the supper bowl would qualify but guys don't normally want anything from a woman during that time but peace and quiet.

And hot wings, apparently.
edit on 3/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join