It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alice and the Looking Glass

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I was laying in bed the other night, contemplating my navel (as you do when there in nothing else to do), when I started thinking about old classroom stories, books and legends. Most prominent was the story of Alice Through the Looking Glass. This made me think of other similar stories that involved individuals passing through portals from this world to other fantatsic places.

Is it possible that these tales could be based on accounts of gateways to other universes or realities?
Since ancient times there have been legends of heros passing through magical gateways to other realms.

I would be very interested to hear your spin on this.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

You got all that from your belly button?

Really?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

I was very bored. But answer me this. When you have fluff in your belly button, why is it always grey???

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I don't really get fluff in my belly button.

If yours is grey then it obviously symbolizes that you are felling very down, gloomy, depressed, bleak, and redundant.

Or, more likely perhaps, it is because you were abducted by a grey who had a fetish for sticking it's finger in your navel.

Who knows, really.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You were laying in bed contemplating your navel?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
You were laying in bed contemplating your navel?

I know right.

There are far more interesting parts to contemplate when laying in bed.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Okay, it is an expression that we used to use in the military to express a state of boredom. I wasn't in reality actually looking at an thinking about my belly button.

However, my mind did wonder across to the tales of magical gateways.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

If you think about it, your navel was a gateway at one point. But now that gateway has been closed up. You now need to reopen it.

That's deep.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

Ouch. My head hurts now.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Anyway to get back on topic:

I too have thought of things like that but more into the realm of like Fairy Tale stuff. I mean, since time began (exaggeration but still) people have talked of other worlds or elves or fairies or dwarves etc etc. I really don't think people were like.... smart enough to make that kinda stuff up. Other realms too. Like if you step into a mirror and go to the other side or go through a door and bam, another time or universe etc. Or what were those things, fairy circles or some crap? You step into one and are lost for ever. Or even those 'mysterious houses' that show up and if you go inside, it will vanish and you're never seen again.

Lots of these have been around for thousands of years. People back then were NOT that gifted (so I would assume, mind you. Maybe imaginations were hardcore then. shrugs. Never know) to make up stuff like that AND keep em going for thousands of years.

I have a feeling some things just could BE; but the thing is, we lose our imaginations and beliefs as we grow from childhood to adult. Maybe they're still out there, maybe it's still possible to go to another world through your looking glass or your wardrobe; maybe ancient gods are still around like Odin and so on; but they don't show because people stopped believing in the possible.

2 cents worth. I feel well spent.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Or they refer to a technology that no longer exists and is simply kept alive through myth and legend.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
this thread has so far been...hilarious. but i've heard of a lot of things about little magical portal doorway thingys. like bermuda, or the one up somewhere up in one of the great lakes, or the one in peru, in south america. isn't there a peru in egypt....i think theres a peru in egypt. and the thing about grey belly button lint...ha...belly button....its prolly because you had a grey-ish shirt on. like if you wore red it'd prolly be red. if you have a dog it'll prolly have some dog hair in it. but navels are weird....it used to feed us when we were little almost babies. now its just there....wow

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zak89

How cavernous and deep is your belly button that you can actually collect dog hair AND fuzz in it?

At any rate....I wouldn't doubt there are portals out there. Why not. Maybe they are there, like in space, but things can only come in them instead of going out. Just like the umbilical cord. Maybe this is just ramblings of madness...I don't know...it's five am and I'm at work and I'm tired. I want a portal to my bed. I have body parts to contemplate.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Parallel universes, alternate realities. It's possible.

What about The Wizard of Oz, The Chronicles of Narnia, or The Phantom Tollbooth?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
I was laying in bed the other night, contemplating my navel (as you do when there in nothing else to do), when I started thinking about old classroom stories, books and legends. Most prominent was the story of Alice Through the Looking Glass. This made me think of other similar stories that involved individuals passing through portals from this world to other fantatsic places.

Is it possible that these tales could be based on accounts of gateways to other universes or realities?
Since ancient times there have been legends of heros passing through magical gateways to other realms.

I would be very interested to hear your spin on this.

Hi TheLoneArcher, I thought that you will find this perhaps interesting.

This is one of more very interesting pages on this site thelivingmoon.com

The Star Gates

www.thelivingmoon.com...

This is a very interesting pdf called “Through the Looking Glass”.

library.lanl.gov...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I love alice and the looking glass What a great imagination to invent a story like that. I can just picture standing in front of that mirror and being able to go through that glass...to my own personal wonderland...It would be fantastic...All you would have to do is see your reflection and step into it...Into your own personal fantasy stepping through the mirror being drawn into the other you...merging with it what a wonderful thought

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Thank you for that. I have added the link to my bookmarks and will ensure that I make time to read it.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I believe Alice in Wonderland has a lot of references to hallucinogenics. Maybe the doors and gateways represent "doorways" in our brain that can be opened by them and lets you see the world from a different perspective. So the doorways and gates aren't physically there, but they are within your mind.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Anodyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Anodyne

I never even considered looking at it in that respect. So you think it could have been metaphore?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anodyne

yes through hypnosis

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join