It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Expiry Dates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
When will this be enforced? Everything in this world is re-writable from constitutions to DNA...and so are ethics, so when the lack of medical care reaches a critical point in the future due to the ever increasing populations of the world, will they then force euthanasia on the sick and elderly like they do on animals.

Discuss.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I say we start with the people open to euthanasia

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I just looked at the tag on my butt and it says expires in July of 2008.

Ruh roh.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
IMHO voluntary euthanasia in the USA is way overdue. We do not allow people the dignity of dying that we afford our much-loved house pets. When your pet is so old and ill of health - well you know how it goes. But we have friends, relative & neighbors that suffer in sickness or the pain of age and we offer them no escape.

In a country where simple medical marijuana is an exception I cannot foresee a euthanasia program coming around soon. Talk to someone you know who is a practicing medical professional at a hospital. They can tell you dozens of stories of seeing the people who suffer. And its not just the patient: their loved ones suffer greatly, sometimes even more. Seeing a loved one being sustained by artificial means is brutal.

Read up and educate yourself on how many students coming out of med schools that get Hospital Code tattooed on their anatomy. These graduates and interns know first-hand the suffering many of these patients and their loved ones go through, and they are not going to let it happen to them.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
who is to say that TPTB haven't been doing that for years to the elderly or the disease ridden.. perhaps a little "helper" in the medication they administer to speed things along.. who would be any the wiser ?
edit on 3-2-2011 by Lansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Its not only the sick and elderly animals that get put to sleep,its the unwanted ,unloved,strays and trouble makers that also get the deep sleep treatment.Maybe this will expand to humans ,so stay out of trouble,try not to become homeless and dont wander around going through rubbish bins!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
What do you mean lack of medical care?

OH you mean how the dozen actual people who need it can't get any help, while the millions who don't need anything keep blowing tons of $ on snake oil?

Yeah, too many people do overdo medical stuff.
It's like junkies almost. It's freaky.

Heck, more than half the commercials on TV are selling new medicine. Or should I say poison, since they have 100 side effects including potential death?

Lack of medical care.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Long ago, I was watching a show in which a family was gathered around the sick and dying elder. In this "future scenario", the elder had a choice for euthanasia. All he had to do was drink something that would essentially "put him under" to never wake up. So the choice is up to the patient (not the power of attorney) to decide how to "say goodbye" and a society that is open to this possibility of handling such delicate matters in life and death.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Its not only the sick and elderly animals that get put to sleep,its the unwanted ,unloved,strays and trouble makers that also get the deep sleep treatment.Maybe this will expand to humans ,so stay out of trouble,try not to become homeless and dont wander around going through rubbish bins!!!!

Oh come on now. That's just ridiculous. When you see a fellow human being, and that person is homeless. You know that you have to do the right thing. You immediately lure them in with false hopes of food and stick them in a cage. Print off a few flyers and in two weeks time someone is bound to know the person and take them from you. If not, then you tell your mom and dad that they should take him to that great human farm where he/she will be able to run freely with all the other humans.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
Seeing a loved one being sustained by artificial means is brutal.

How can you claim to love them if you aren't willing to let go when the time comes?

You don't own them.

Who are you to question fate?

If I am injured so bad you have to put me on artificial means , PLEASE LET ME DIE.

I would hate being brought back to life in that kinda pain.

Do you realize it sounds like pure evil to keep someone alive through that?

Yet you call it love? It's torture.

Sorry to be a ton of bricks. But the truth has to be said.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
above poster said brutal not beautiful

top topics

join