It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast-to-Coast AM is fueling vaccine paranoia tonight.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

i completely agree with everything you have stated here, just wanted to mention one thing, there are actually always 3 sides to every story, complaint side, defend side, and the truth

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"Smallpox was responsible for an estimated 300–500 million deaths during the 20th century. "

This sentence gets to the heart of the matter on vaccines.

What is the benefit versus the cost?

In the early days of vaccinations the results were mixed and sometimes caused more harm than good. At a point the science of vaccination came into successful usage and saved lives in the millions when it removed diseases like smallpox from most of the globe. This was done at extensive cost to the taxpayers/governments but resulted in the saving of lives on a huge scale.

The days of spending money to save lives are gone.

Money is only spent nowdays to make more money or to perpetuate control as is the case in the USA.

Vaccines that cause more deaths than have been proven to have been caused by the "disease" that they are meant to fight are not successful vaccinations. They are money making mechanisms.

The fact that vaccines are pushed by the government and pharmaceutical industry for the sole purpose of profit is part of the issue that makes people distrust the use of vaccines.

The other item that creates distrust is the fact that the vaccines have side effects that are worse than the disease they are meant to prevent and they include substances which cause harm to the patient.

Why would anyone intentionally inject themselves with mercury?

Why would you intentionally take a product that leads to debilitating illness or a handicap?

Some of these vaccines aren't even transparent in what they contain, or what they are supposed to prevent.

If there is another smallpox out there that needs to be treated then, "Yes." I'd say, "Give me the shot." but the fact is that they are pushing questionable vaccines for questionable results.

Better to ask a few more questions than to blindly trust those who still want to inject you with substances like mercury.
edit on 3-2-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My wife and I need to get the Flu and Swine Flu vaccines each year due to her health issues and neither of us have ever had a problem. Sure, we both have health issues, however, they were not caused or exacerbated by the vaccines we've had...in fact if anything, they've actually saved my wife's life by protecting her from strains of flu that usually kill people with her health issues.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a massive fan of vaccines, however I am a great fan of common sense and common sense dictates that we should all read every single bit of information regarding vaccines that are available to us, take all scaremongers with a pinch of salt and do our very best to make our decisions based on all of that knowledge.

If you can't do that, then IMHO you should have no right to chose, if for no other reason than to protect the people around you.

Blessed be

Rev

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Why do you care whether I get vaccinated or not?

Vaccines are for the old and dying. I'm a grown man, my immune system is fine.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Sadly, if you don't get vaccinated, you can still carry things like the flu and if you happen across an immune compromised person (like my trouble and strife) then you could unintentionally cause them harm. That's why it is so important for people to understand the ins and outs of this argument thoroughly before they make their decision.

As I've said in other threads; it's your body, so it's your decision.

Rev

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

I wonder how many people will get sick or die because of tonight's show?

Who is fear mongering now?

I haven't had a flu shot in 4 years. Perfectly healthy and perfectly fine. My immune system is a finely tuned machine capable of dealing with the flu as it is naturally SUPPOSED TO.

The other vaccine equivalent "anti-biotic" have made it much harder for my immune system to effectively deal with the flu as the super viruses came about.

So let me get this straight, they create "cures"(antibiotics) that actually beef up "the problem" (Viruses) as it evolves to our "solutions" (super-viruses) and grows beyond the ability of our natural body to defeat and deal with effectively, and because of this they have to create vaccines...

Munchhausen anyone?

Science is arrogant a lot of times, ESPECIALLY in the health and medical field.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
OP, I know Sherri personally and you could not be more incorrect. Me thinks your own belief systems on vaccines have clouded the information. She is also very keen on mercury poisoning, heavy metal detoxification etc.
As human bodies all have particular quirks and needs a one size fits all solution to disease using vaccines is inherently problematic. They have done some great things (Rotary's campaign against polio comes to mind) but they have also severely damage many humans beyond recovery.
Peace

So what would you propose? Is there a way to identify the small minority of people who will have an adverse reaction? If such tests don't exist, is it possible to devise them? Is there an alternative vaccine that we might offer such people? If not, can such vaccines be created?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If you doubt the good that vaccines have done and continue to do, please take a look at this:

Progress Toward Polio Eradication

Notice how in 1988 almost the entire world outside North America and Australia was covered in red, signifying polio-endemic countries.

Now click through the following years.

Notice anything?

We've gone from having 125 polio-endemic countries in 1988 to just four by 2006.

This is nothing less than a modern miracle.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
LMAO

Claiming Sherri Tenpenny is a psuedo scientist and a quack.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Give this radio interview on NPR a listen if you have the time:

Science Friday: Paul Offit and "Deadly Choices"

Infectious disease researcher Paul Offit discusses vaccine research and the anti-vaccine movement, the topic of his new book, "Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All." Offit has been at the center of a storm of debate from anti-vaccination activists for his outspoken defense of vaccines, and his constant refutation of claims from activists of a link between childhood vaccines and autism.

A caller poses some questions to guest Paul Offit, and you can hear the tiredness in his voice as he answers, because it's just the same old litany of anti-vaccine notions.

The really telling moment occurs when he tries to respond and the caller interrupts him saying, essentially "I don't care what you say because I don't understand you."

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
LMAO

Claiming Sherri Tenpenny is a psuedo scientist and a quack.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I never called her a quack. Let's suppose just for a moment, that she is not a pseudo-scientist, and that all of her claims are totally valid. Even if that's the case, the end result is still going to be that a whole bunch of really stupid parents out there are going to refuse to vaccinate their children. Some of those children may die, and we may continue to see the troubling re-appearance of diseases which had been virtually wiped out in the 20th century.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hi, I'm new here, what's going on?

Oh nothing, we're going to stick this needle full of chemicals in your arm.

Um, why?

How dare you question my authority, because I am a doctor, that't why!! I know what your body needs! It needs a needle, full of stuff, that I made....also I own the patent...for this stuff.....anyways....did you hear about the Steelers and the Packers.....yeah....thats going to be a classsic game....

Doc, was this chemical cocktail tested?

Are you one of those conspiracy theorists?!! Of course it was tested. The manufacturer had a 90 trial with 10 people. They're fine. You're fine. Give me $ now. Shut up and follow the a-hole in front of you

peace

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
And yes, before anybody bring it up, I am well aware of the fact that Dr. Offit has made some money by developing and patenting vaccines. Perhaps you will say this makes him part of Big Bad Pharma. I say that, like a lot of doctors and scientists, he probably just likes practicing medicine and doing research and helping people.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
flighsuit , want some FACTS ?
In 33 years i have not taken ANY manmade drugs or medicine .
In 33 years guess how many times ive been to hospital ?
0 yes ZERO
33 Years O hospital visits .
I can look AFTER MY OWN HEALTH THANKS !
I dont need your/governments poison i mean medicine!
GOT IT ?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

You're not everybody.

You're one person who's gotten lucky up 'til now. Maybe your luck will hold, maybe it won't.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There are MANY like me on ats
many who know what big pharma is really about

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Big telecom is greedy and unethical too. Do you therefore refuse Internet and telephone service?

You are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
reply to post by NadaCambia

Sadly, if you don't get vaccinated, you can still carry things like the flu and if you happen across an immune compromised person (like my trouble and strife) then you could unintentionally cause them harm. That's why it is so important for people to understand the ins and outs of this argument thoroughly before they make their decision.

As I've said in other threads; it's your body, so it's your decision.

Rev

I hate this reasoning. I really do. There are soo many things that could affect or harm your life any time you walk out the door its staggering to think about. Fully vaccinated people get sick too and could just as easily unintentionally harm a immune compromised person.

Sorry but that argument is

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

This is the million dollar question (or more since we're talking peoples lives eh?).

I personally am quite ignorant at what is technically possible but I will give my opinions based on...well whatever.

I think complete knowledge of one's own physical makeup will be the starting point. For instance; dna mapping, complete petscan, digestive condition (are your ancestors farmers or hunters etc.) and you might find what your immune system would process and how. Also blood type. I am hearing more and more about different blood types having different nutritional needs. Once this is done, and I think it would only need to be done once, you would in theory have a "good for you/good to avoid" list that would accompany your medical history. With that in place you may be able to know which vaccine would work for you or harm you. Again I am not of a scientific background so these are all WAG's for sure.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

Sounds good to me!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join