It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tad peeved at some of you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As a self appointed coffee saturated "debunker" Obviously I'm going to take issue. Every time we go through the:
LHC is opening a time space portal!!!! and Annunaki are coming out to get a slurpee
at the 7-11!!!!!
" I just know it. thread.

It's the same ol B.S. we go through pages of real world evidence and argument by some pretty sharp folks( someof whom have first hand experience) to have the o.p. Say: " It's evil. The reptilian slurpee drinkers are coming! AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! WAKE UP PEOPLE! I believe it. You are all close minded naysayers. and that's that."

Quite frankly if you want to go out and howl at the moon with your time that's your choice but to engage experienced/educated folks in "debate" where your delusions are the only correct p.o.v.and then claim we are the ones losing touch with reality is insulting to the rest of us; and sometimes the panic at dragons almost borders on frantic mania..

edit on 3-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As with any Forum you will always get some that are Negative. There are also those out there who join just to argue and cause trouble and will not even agree that something is real even when it slaps them in the face. You just have to ride above these posters and concentrate on what really matters.

Although that doesn't mean that everyone always has to agree with everyting that one reads. As we are all aware there are those out there who deliberately give us disinformation to put us all of f the scent of what is really going on out there. Its up to the individual to decide for themselves what they want to believe and who are the genuine posters.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

Its called mobbing, to make people into sheep, as people do not want to feel isolated. If i was you op just ignore them, like many of us do, and let those calling people names just say what they want but ignore them.

So what about what they say or do, thats the way the majority is. Does not shut me up, and it should not you.

I have encountered more than most negative feedback here, but i will keep telling the stuff i know, as its the truth.
edit on 2/3/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing the subject up. Not the rant, although it's well-deserved. The thread about Nimrod, etc. I'm gonna go look at it now. I love that sort of discussion and information. I use such symbologies for paintings.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Mod edit: And on a thread about civility indeed.
edit on 3-2-2011 by DomCheetham because: This is a joke

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Don't worry about those people. They are everywere. And I am 100% convinced that those same people are here just to give a hard time to others because they are so unsatisfied with their own lives that they have the need to rag on others. It is unfortunate because sites such as ATS are what people like you and I need. I have been caught up in a couple of "back and forth" since my arrival here. You must learn, such like I have, to ignore those who are ignorant enough to shoot down everybodies ideas in an impolite, crude and disgruntled manner. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Umm am I the only one that noticed that Whereareweheaded is a perfect example....his picture perfectly depicts his mentality towards others, tearing others apart. I guess we all have our roles here. But I think mocking, insulting and harming others is awful. And I apologize if I offended him, cause that isn't my goal. Your picture is frightening and you come on a thread where people are venting about being insulted and you insult them by name calling (whiner), sounds like your whining too. Everyone just needs to treat others here with respect as a human being. I'm sure no one likes to be insulted. And it hit the whole point of the thread home.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Right on Brother... I don't know how many times I've read something that was extremely interesting. I would find it totally awesome and then start to read what others thought and had to sift threw all the negative .

Thank you for the rant. Words spoken almost from my very mind.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I must disegree with what you said. I sometimes have to state that what I'm about to write is not dirrected at certain people as to not implicate them. It's not calling the kettle black it's called ethics. We who do not wish to offend on perpose kind of adheer to such codes.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It's simple. Just make it against the rules to stir the pot without any benifitial contributions. Then we can flag them and the moderators can decide if those people piss them off or not. That's what I would do. I've been on conversation sites like this, as I'm sure many of you have, so...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree
"wheres your proof, give me proof your wrong Im right because you dont have proof so nayr!" enough with your "your insane, your dumb, this is the dumbest thing I ever read, insult insult insult

They may not say this directly, but they will go about it in another manner where they do not directly "INSULT" you and sometimes they do it directly. It's being done in the most unlikely manner in which they can get across and not get nailed for it. That's the problem and I have seen it. Just forum ***holes seeking more ways to be less of an ***hole in a way they can not get nailed.

2 thumbs up for bringing this up. My support goes out to you my friend.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I argee over the years I have been reading (before joining) there were several stories that the OP stopped posting because he/she was drug thru the coals from the get go. I wish everyone would let them talk and put what they want to say in the thread before they are called a lier because they havent posted pictures or documents as proof. I KNOW this is a website that will debunk something that isn't true and I do like that.

It's just some posts are very interesting and the debunkers are too hard too soon,,, please let people talk before you drive them off.

Just remember in a court of law, you can present your story and it's presumed true untill other evidence is presented saying its wrong. The judge can't just say "well where is your pictures and video and secret documents prooving what you are telling the court, how can you proove you saw that man murder that woman?"

Just please let the story unfold .... call hoax after the OP posts everything they want to put out. I could tell everyone a couple of true sightings pretty amazing stuff to but there is NO WAY I would put myself thru what others have been put thru. I never got a picture or video but I can promise it happened. It will just remain with me and my wife who saw this phenomenon together.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You read my mind.

I've only been here a few days, stumbling upon the site through some research.
What I found on one thread made me want to join up to benefit from what seemed like a forum that was suprisingly free of prejudice towards the likes of I, one who likes to think "outside the box" - "odd" to my friends.

I can't see myself being an active member too long which is a real shame, I was looking forward to making a potential presence here.
I was looking forward to a good first thread, but I'll be damned if I'm posting my findings anywhere here to be addressed without a care or common courtesy (scholarly debate...ehh, wot??), so I'll remain shtum and carry on like I've been doing so far, which is probably for the best anyway as I've never been one for justifying myself to anyone ("a link or we don't believe you!" Ugh...) rather, offer the information and allow those who want to, to make their own informed decisions on it based upon their own research.

Serves me right for not paying for a forum membership I suppose, life being what we make it and all!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
[mor

Calm down Dear, don't give the Haters the satisfaction that they have succeeded in rattling your cage.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Frankly, if you wish to engage in exploration of the fantastic or unexplainable, without any analysis or contrary position, then maybe a good sci-fi book is a better option. ATS is a place where extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and our members are sharp enough to analyze that "proof" seven ways to Sunday and they will always find slight of hand, trickery, and manipulation in that proof, if such exists.

This is what makes this community special.

Having said that... Yes, weeding through thread after thread of "look"... "debunk" can get disheartening. But, man is it an awesome thing when something comes along that leaves the skeptics saying "I've analyzed this pic/vid/story and I cannot find anything that shows it's faked." Those rare moments matter because THEN we all know that we are dealing with something special.

If it weren't for our skeptics, aggressive or otherwise, this site would be no different than the plethora of other sites that simply post whatever anyone wants to say, without debate, and, thereby, marginalize themselves into obscurity.

Just my .02 cents.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Firstly I will say I agree with you on one point!

"your insane, your dumb, this is the dumbest thing I ever read

Insults like this are totally wrong & uncalled for!

Now

Far out enough with your "wheres your proof, give me proof your wrong Im right because you dont have proof so nayr!"

This is a free website where anybody is free to join, post, debate & contribute within the boundaries of the T & C as they see fit. If someone is pandering they have proof or declaring something to be true, other members are within their rights to ask for that proof & debate it!. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever!

I thought "a place where I can share and learn and explore with like minded individuals"

it is if you look hard enough! ATS is filled with people vastly different opinions & points of view. Just look for like minded "Friends" simple!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON A CONSPIRACY FORUM WEBSITE if you dont believe in conspiracies, or that anything is possible

Settle down no need to shout! You talk about manners & decorum? Hmmmmm Again it is free website for anyone. You sound like you need to learn that others can have opinion!

I joined ATS because nobody that I deal directly with, neither my freinds nor my family, have any interest in the things I am interested in, in my daily life I have to put my interests my ideas and speculations and questions on the back burner because none of them think like I do and Ive learned to keep my mouth shut

Probably the same reason most here joined. Nothing unique, new or ground breaking there!

just those people who tear others down

Agreed personal insults like dumb are not called for but it is open website where people are free to debate & challenge others way of thinking! Get used to it!

gods Im so depressed now

You need to toughen up a bit! People's opinions & debate on a website gets you depressed? Maybe you need to see a doctor! (Sincerely)

More like bash the people we dont agree with forums!!

Hmmmmmmm looky looky!

Well I was wrong, you people are mean, closed minded and, and shallow, thats right shallow you stay in the shallows because you are scared of going deep

You don't like it when people don't agree & perceive anger look at your quote above. You are doing the exact same thing you complain about! You have even shouted in the post! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm You either have not thought about it enough or being hypocritical! You can choose which one!

I have read your thread and have disagreed with you stance & pointed out some issues but I am not going to get depressed over it! Just think about what you have said & more precisely the tone. Yet you complain about others doing this! It's everyone's right to express themselves within the T&C!

If you find something nasty ..... harden up & move on - Simple
edit on 3-2-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

Ok first of all, please stop being condescending
second of all I never said anything about not liking it when people dissagree or show anger (did you really read the post properly?) I never said I dont like skeptism or debate. The place where I said;
"wheres your proof, give me proof your wrong Im right because you dont have proof so nayr!"
I meant people who were childish about it, who demanded proof and when presented with what the poster perceived as proof end up getting really childish and insulting, and as I said ESPECIALLY IN SKUNK WORKS,
now as for the capitals that is not yelling that is accentuating part of a sentance when I dont know how to change the colour of the text, sorry if it came acroos as yelling.... you said;
"Agreed personal insults like dumb are not called for but it is open website where people are free to debate & challenge others way of thinking! Get used to it!"
debate and challenges to ones way of thinking is fine and dandy, I'd still be locked in a protestant nightmare if it wasnt for some very smart skeptical atheists forcing me to think twice, but theres a line between challenging someone into a healthy debate and going rambo on their ###!
Again my rant wasnt for people with genuine desires to express their position on any related topic!
you said;
"You need to toughen up a bit! People's opinions & debate on a website gets you depressed? Maybe you need to see a doctor! (Sincerely)"
Toughen up a bit? Maybe depressed wasnt the right word its more like deflated, but anyway proper use of words aside, why should I harden up? If this is a place where everyone is free to express their feelings in a supposedly open enviroment then I should be free to express the fact that seeing so many people who simply wanted to share an idea get attacked (not inspired to debate) left right and centre, made me angry then after ranting through my anger left me depressed (or rather, deflated), why should I not feel for others? Why should I give up my humanity and not speak up, even if its simply about thread bullies, just to keep the "tough" people comftable or whatever your motive is for telling me to harden up and stop complaining..... NOT ENOUGH OF US GET ANGRY, anger is good anger is constructive, childish insults are not. I will not see a doctor because as far as I am concerned it is people who dont find certain things worth getting worked up over that have the problem!
As for;
"Probably the same reason most here joined. Nothing unique, new or ground breaking there!"
I dont understand why you said that, nothing about my post was supposed to be new or groundbreaking I was ranting.... "expressing" myself
And;
"You don't like it when people don't agree & perceive anger look at your quote above. You are doing the exact same thing you complain about! You have even shouted in the post! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm You either have not thought about it enough or being hypocritical! You can choose which one!"
I dont understand how ranting about how angry people who conciously insult others makes me constitutes me being shallow and closed minded??? Surely you agree that people insulting others because they dont agree with them is childish and shallow?? Or are you one of those people?
Anyway, whatevers I think senseless bickering and insults should be something humans should stop doing on forums, if not in our direct enviroments, and you apparently dont agree, fair enough, but dont call me a hypocrite for not liking childish behaviour and then ranting about it........ I seriously dont get your angle here

Anyho, thanks for replying, happy reading

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Good point but again my issue isnt skeptics or debate, but the way some people get attacked simply for sharing their ideas, as far out as some may be, I mean surely people dont read certain threads expecting them to present such a startling case that we will all be converted? So why should we demand it off them if we know that they dont have it????

Anyway Thanks everybody for your input I really appreciate it and now that Ive calmed down Im really glad that I joined cause most of you really arent the meanies some people are! lol go figure!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Its called mobbing, to make people into sheep, as people do not want to feel isolated. If i was you op just ignore them, like many of us do, and let those calling people names just say what they want but ignore them.

So what about what they say or do, thats the way the majority is. Does not shut me up, and it should not you.

I have encountered more than most negative feedback here, but i will keep telling the stuff i know, as its the truth.
edit on 2/3/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

It actually has a name??!!!
Greeeeeat!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am not surprised by the rudeness and lack of manners on this forum, because most forums are filled with bullies.

I am a reformed verbal and intellectual gunslinger myself. I use to abuse people, sometimes I still do when I run into a bully or a group of them.
But I stopped after I assisted in taking down the CLUB OF ROME forum, and a poor guy contacted me and kind of got to my heart.

Now I NEVER start stuff but unfortunately when attacked I will fire back, I hope though with style, grace, and even a little compassion for the instigator who I usually intellectually maim.

You see, verbal gun slinging is an art. It has to be learned or one just comes across as an angry bully. I learned from the best; so I know how and when to do it and when its justified.

But it is tiring and in my old age I am getting a little compassion for the idiots who go around thinking that they know something, that I sometimes have to show that . . . they know nothing!

So I have retired and put down my verbal and intellectual guns.

But like any ex-gunslinger I always run into the young whippersnappers who knows my rep and I have to reluctantly . . . take them down, intellectually of course.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Excellent rant. It does get a little disheartening at times seeing some of the replies that are posted, but I think that on a site like this where there are so many different personalities, things are going to get heated every now and again! I usually leave a thread if I see it going on for too long and move onto something else that grabs my attention(doesn't usually take too long
) Just have to take the bad along with the good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join