It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tad peeved at some of you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Man some of you can be rude!! I am so sick and tired of going into a thread that seems interesting to then have to sift through tons of nasty, un called for replies, theres just no need for it!!! ESSPECIALLY ON SKUNK WORKS!!! Far out enough with your "wheres your proof, give me proof your wrong Im right because you dont have proof so nayr!" enough with your "your insane, your dumb, this is the dumbest thing I ever read, insult insult insult WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON A CONSPIRACY FORUM WEBSITE if you dont believe in conspiracies, or that anything is possible, and if you do believe anything is possible then why do you barrage people who have far out ideas, with insults and......
I just dont understand!!! I joined ATS because nobody that I deal directly with, neither my freinds nor my family, have any interest in the things I am interested in, in my daily life I have to put my interests my ideas and speculations and questions on the back burner because none of them think like I do and Ive learned to keep my mouth shut, so imagine my joy when I found this place, "finnally!," I thought "a place where I can share and learn and explore with like minded individuals"
Well I was wrong, you people are mean, closed minded and, and shallow, thats right shallow you stay in the shallows because you are scared of going deep and frankly I am so dissilusioned with this place..... Conspiracy forums HUH! More like bash the people we dont agree with forums!!.........

Of course this rant is not directed at those people who are polite with their dissagreeingness, everyones entitled to their opinion, just those people who tear others down.......... Thread after thread, gods Im so depressed now

Before I end my rant and go back to a very intresting thread about Lucifer and Nimrod and religion I just want to say that to all those with far out ideas whether they be about secret societies, Quantum physics, aliens carrying earth to another part of the universe, and everything in between YOU guys are awesome and keep being awesome even when the stone throwers emerge!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I second that bro
It's the way it's always going to be no matter how many people create a thread (which has been many) about this situation. I just ignore it. Its a waste of my time and life to worry about everyone else. Just do what you do and keep bringing it

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree

your insane, your dumb, this is the dumbest thing I ever read, insult insult insult

That's not allowed on ATS. If you see such insults in posts, hit the alert button to alert the mods.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

Right on!!
It's like you said everything I have always wanted to say, but somehow never manage to. I think I just forget to be honest. lol Either way... very nice rant!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments, btw where was the post on nimrod? I love the ideas of the nephalim and nimrod and genesis stuff

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks guys, glad to know that others out there get peeved by this too! Sorry if this is a rant other people have ranted before I was just reading this other thread where this guy claimed some unconventional things and almost everyone that replied were just really really nasty, and I just got so angry I had to let off some steam!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
what's the old saying? something like, the more they protest, the closer you know you are to the truth!!

I also agree with you 100%

I guess that if you blow someones mind, they have nothing left but insults!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

your insane, your dumb, this is the dumbest thing I ever read, insult insult insult

That's not allowed on ATS. If you see such insults in posts, hit the alert button to alert the mods.

I didnt know that, will def. whip that out next time thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
Thanks for the comments, btw where was the post on nimrod? I love the ideas of the nephalim and nimrod and genesis stuff

It was in the skunk works forum (I love that place) "Double Headed Eagle - God/Alien + human = two creatures combining to make one - Truth revealed?"
its a really interesting thread, I have to keep reading it to take it all in properly, being tired as I am this evening, but you should check it out

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Bravo, well said!

The "negative" name calling of those with ideals/opinions/views consequently suppresses and censors the available material seen here on ATS.

Nobody likes to sift through stuff and take time to present a thread for discussion and have their intelligence ridiculed, so I wonder how many people have refrained from expressing what would otherwise be an enlightening view point or perspective on all things conspiracy because of the behavior of some here that is completely unnecessary to simple express "i don't agree" or what have you.

I often wonder how many people are afraid to hit the "submit" button after spending time to construct a view of theirs because of the attacks they might receive. I personally don't have an issue because I grew up with very thick skin but I know not all people are like that.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
agreed, OP. you'd think there would be fewer skeptics in a place like this. at least fewer rude comments. i dont find as many rude words at, say, my job, the bowling alley, the bar, at movies about rude people, walking down the street, at the coffee shop, at a show, uhhhhh ANYWHERE else. naysayers are like flies to honey around here. just turn the other cheek i guess.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I guess your right but I really did hold the hope that people who gravitated towards sites like these were all enlightened grownups who'd moved beyond the school yard lol..... A little naive I guess......
Anyho atleast theres still those of us who have moved beyond the school yard and embrace the weird, wonderfull, and nutty sounding but probably truth!! And atleast there are those who although might be a little more middle of the road can atleast be civil about it!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Before I end my rant and go back to a very intresting thread about Lucifer and Nimrod and religion I just want to say that to all those with far out ideas whether they be about secret societies, Quantum physics, aliens carrying earth to another part of the universe, and everything in between YOU guys are awesome and keep being awesome even when the stone throwers emerge!!!!

Oh good. For a moment I thought you were mad. From now on I'll say "where's your proof please".

Just kidding. I agree with that particular complaint. I believe that a bit of skepticism is healthy in this forum because it provokes discussion. "Prove it" just provokes!

I usually voice some skepticism especially when I think I know better than the poster which is sometimes the case. I like to inject comedy too because that's the way my feeble brain manages to survive in a right wing Christian world. Ha just kidding. I meant to say in a left wing heathen world.

Rock on amigo. Let the conspiracies flow like wine in the Old Testament when men were men and sheep were sheep, and girls were scarce.
edit on 3-2-2011 by trailertrash because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Man some of you can be rude!! I am so sick and tired of going into a thread that seems interesting to then have to sift through tons of nasty, un called for replies, theres just no need for it!!! ESSPECIALLY ON SKUNK WORKS!!! Far out enough with your "wheres your proof, give me proof your wrong Im right because you dont have proof so nayr!" enough with your "your insane, your dumb, this is the dumbest thing I ever read, insult insult insult WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON A CONSPIRACY FORUM WEBSITE if you dont believe in conspiracies, or that anything is possible, and if you do believe anything is possible then why do you barrage people who have far out ideas, with insults and......
I just dont understand!!! I joined ATS because nobody that I deal directly with, neither my freinds nor my family, have any interest in the things I am interested in, in my daily life I have to put my interests my ideas and speculations and questions on the back burner because none of them think like I do and Ive learned to keep my mouth shut, so imagine my joy when I found this place, "finnally!," I thought "a place where I can share and learn and explore with like minded individuals"
Well I was wrong, you people are mean, closed minded and, and shallow, thats right shallow you stay in the shallows because you are scared of going deep and frankly I am so dissilusioned with this place..... Conspiracy forums HUH! More like bash the people we dont agree with forums!!.........

edit on 3-2-2011 by Angelicdefender2012 because: (no reason given)

I totally agree I'm with you on this one. Some people have been very nice but some have been VERY NASTY. I hear you....loud and clear!
And sorry I'm a still a little new to this....I trid to quote you....lol
edit on 3-2-2011 by Angelicdefender2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Firstly I will say I agree with you on one point!

"your insane, your dumb, this is the dumbest thing I ever read

Insults like this are totally wrong & uncalled for!

Now

Far out enough with your "wheres your proof, give me proof your wrong Im right because you dont have proof so nayr!"

This is a free website where anybody is free to join, post, debate & contribute within the boundaries of the T & C as they see fit. If someone is pandering they have proof or declaring something to be true, other members are within their rights to ask for that proof & debate it!. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever!

I thought "a place where I can share and learn and explore with like minded individuals"

it is if you look hard enough! ATS is filled with people vastly different opinions & points of view. Just look for like minded "Friends" simple!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON A CONSPIRACY FORUM WEBSITE if you dont believe in conspiracies, or that anything is possible

Settle down no need to shout! You talk about manners & decorum? Hmmmmm Again it is free website for anyone. You sound like you need to learn that others can have opinion!

I joined ATS because nobody that I deal directly with, neither my freinds nor my family, have any interest in the things I am interested in, in my daily life I have to put my interests my ideas and speculations and questions on the back burner because none of them think like I do and Ive learned to keep my mouth shut

Probably the same reason most here joined. Nothing unique, new or ground breaking there!

just those people who tear others down

Agreed personal insults like dumb are not called for but it is open website where people are free to debate & challenge others way of thinking! Get used to it!

gods Im so depressed now

You need to toughen up a bit! People's opinions & debate on a website gets you depressed? Maybe you need to see a doctor! (Sincerely)

More like bash the people we dont agree with forums!!

Hmmmmmmm looky looky!

Well I was wrong, you people are mean, closed minded and, and shallow, thats right shallow you stay in the shallows because you are scared of going deep

You don't like it when people don't agree & perceive anger look at your quote above. You are doing the exact same thing you complain about! You have even shouted in the post! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm You either have not thought about it enough or being hypocritical! You can choose which one!

I have read your thread and have disagreed with you stance & pointed out some issues but I am not going to get depressed over it! Just think about what you have said & more precisely the tone. Yet you complain about others doing this! It's everyone's right to express themselves within the T&C!

If you find something nasty ..... harden up & move on - Simple
edit on 3-2-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Amen to that brother! Best rant ever S&F

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON A CONSPIRACY FORUM WEBSITE

I constantly find myself wondering this. There are so many skeptics who it seems only come here to try "covert" us to their beliefs or something. They are so boring because they spout the same old stuff i could find on any official or mainstream website out there, Say for example if I wanted the opinions from the mainstream scientists about a cosmic anomaly then id go straight to nasa website or something I don't need to be given that same old explanation on my alternative site as well, because its supposed to be ALTERNATIVE.

enough with your "your insane, your dumb, this is the dumbest thing I ever read, insult insult insult

The insults are subtle or clever aren't they? They do well to avoid t&c violation but the overall tone of many threads is very hostile.

Putting so called believers and non-believers in the one place always gets conflict. I wish there was a place we could go to discuss topics constructively with others that have researched without being trolled by closed minds who have an agenda to debunk everything. It would make the thread smoother with less interruption, arguing and derailing. There are many skeptics sites out there that skeptics can go to, and I thought this was supposed to be a so called "believer" site, apparently its more like a battle ground between the two.
Maybe the often ugly skeptic vs. believer fights should be contained to their own forum section or something.

Conspiracy forums HUH! More like bash the people we dont agree with forums!!

That is so true.

edit on 3-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
100% agree! Ive been called a liar and asked to do ridiculous things to show proof and been belittled and its just a handful of people that do this. Those people need to keep it shut. If you dont like it dont say anything. And move on to the next thread. I have a ton of things I want to post here but for fear of ridicule have not posted. I love it when we come up with a truly original story and nobody stars or flags it when you know its a good one. But it angers me to see when someone who posts a thread about what their mom did last night get 100 Flags and 100 stars for something so simpleminded. Nice rant! Star and Flag from me.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Look, the tagline for this site is "Deny Ignorance" so you have to expect people to be skeptical. If it was embrace ignorance, then we'd all S&F every post and give huggs and kisses to each other.

The rude insults and such do happen, are uncalled for, and are against the T&C. But this isn't to say you should expect everyone to agree with every theory or idea presented. This is the way to actually get a decent theory formulated, this is a great community with people from all fields. Bringing your idea here is a great way to develop and shape it, for this to work you must be able to handle constructive criticism and also skepticism.

If you present a conspiracy, people are going to ask for proof. Why else would you post it, merely to have people pat you on the back? Why post that in a discussion forum, why not just write a blog?

Click alert on the posts that are in violation of the T&C, and take the criticism for what it's worth, and everyone here will benefit.

P.S.

If you are honestly reluctant to post something here because of what people will say, maybe you should think long and hard about why you are here, and what it is about whatever you want to post, that you are worried about. The internet is full of nasty people, this site is on the internet.

Sometimes people post stupid things and are so easily proven wrong it's hard for people to be nice about it.

I didn't come here to believe in everything random internet people are saying. I came here because it's a diverse community and the discussions are quite powerful. I came here to learn, and to learn I need to hear things that aren't already in my head. I came to offer insight in any field I have ability or knowledge in. I came to help debunk junk hoaxes as to make it easier to find the REAL DEAL. I came here to post some of my ideas and have other people weigh in on them, and help me develop them.

I'm not saying you have to respect me or anyone here, I'm saying you have to respect the fact that we're all individuals with our own opinions and reasons for being here.

We're not shallow, we're here to "Deny Ignorance" and do to that we must investigate, debate, and learn.
edit on 3-2-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
in agreement. but sometimes i do wonder, it seems so strange and out of place for such close minded people to be "sharing" ideas. like you pointed out: this place should be one of the most opened minded forums on the net because of the 'far out' content. over the the years that i've visited this forum there really are members who only seem to try to debunk and refute other members posts, with never really contributing anything but an argument. makes me think that sometimes ATS is in fact infested with moles...people who's job it is to derail threads and conjure fear and doom...picking apart people's logic until all that's left is an argument about something else, something about the politics of it and not the idea that's proposed in the first place. it saddens me to think that people can't look past these saboteurs and keep on the ball. if someone doesn't agree with you it shouldn't matter, it's going to happen and EVERYTHING is subjective. maybe we should just all make a conscious effort to "keep our eye on the ball" and not let the guy waiting to catch the ball behind us psych us out so much.
edit on 2/3/11 by metalshredmetal because: edut

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

First of all? You stated your tired of seeing this :

"wheres your proof, give me proof

I think you are failing to take note that this site is to " deny ignorance". Therefore, if someone doesn't have valid evidence, or proof to substantiate their claims, then it is hear say. Further, you claim and I quote:

everyones entitled to their opinion,

As long as someones comments are corresponding with yours, then its ok huh? Sounds more like to me, that in the past threads that you have visited, you have willingly participated in forums where other users were more educated, maybe even more informed than yourself. So in response to that, you start this thread, because of your bitterness to those who may have been more educated on a particular topic, you come here, bashing behind those particular peoples backs, as you so obviously stated:

this rant is not directed at those people who are polite with their dissagreeingness

Now that isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Your above quote sounds like not only are you judge mental of others, but can't take the heat in the kitchen. If your so unhappy with the views of others, you can always log off. No need for more whiners~

edit on 3-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join