It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Focus On My Words

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Have you ever taken a course in NLP?

I have a theory regarding a type of therapy which would be comprised ONLY of questions, and utilizing the socratic method, taking people to the end of their program so to speak and into ecstatic humor, directly, something I'm going to call "OmegaPoint Logotherapy". Not unlike the 2 day Landmark Forum (if you've ever heard of that), but faster, beginning always with the end in mind. What do you think? Possible?

P.S. Just finished it. It was very well done, thank you. I may use that, perhaps tweek it a bit, but it's very good, and effective. Cool!

edit on 3-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I have been hypnotised with methods like this in the past but it does not really work for me if I am reading... I find it a bit hard to read and completely relax at the same time

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Lol thank you. And remember Focus On My Words!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I know hah!!!...My thoughts to!..lol

Op this is Awesome!....I am gonna come back to this later today as i need to get to sleep.I will post again later!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

This may not work on everyone. You need to be in the right frame of mind and environment and preferrably without a cup of coffee by your side.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I have read alot on the subject and have never taken a course. But I have been strongly intersted in the subject all my life. I do study prctices and methods on my own to the level that I would not consider myself an amature. I have gone to conventions and some mediocre classes on NLP and Induction. But the method you speak of sounds interesting and would be willing to read what you have please post or send privately.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

Thanks for the reply sweet dreams.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
that was weird as some of the things you suggested doing i have just started, like eating alot more healthy and exercising. And no, not some new years resolution, i started like 3 days ago, just decided to change the way i live. Cutting out the booze, watch less tv, or only watch good documentaries and films, even thought about joining a martial arts class. I liked the post, well done for at least trying to help people

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

thank you thedarktower..I'm glad you enjoyed it ..i think cutting out the garbage we eat and exercising does make you feel better and helps with future health problems..I watch alot of documentaries myself there very interesting i cut back on tv a long time ago..as far as drinking i don't do any of that only because i don't like the taste of it

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I went into a trance and since I woke up I can do the robot perfectly.

Is this normal guys?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Justsomeguyhere

Thank you for writing and yes everyone wakes up doing that

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I took a break from here for awhile and do not plan on coming here as much because there is a lot of fear based stuff and stuff that makes me angry,and I KNOW its NOT good for me.I did the meditation and have to agree that it would be nice if you could record it and post the link for that here.....I to had a hard time reading and relaxing,getting into the trance....You have great suggestions here and you did put a lot of work in to this and i thank you!!.Hope you consider recording it!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

StarLightStarBright2 i understand how you feel even i get wrapped up in some of the fear based stuff and its not healthy so its good to take a break just to relax and gather your thoughts and find other things to do r/l..when i get a chance i will do a voice recording trance ..text trances are not the best voice is better r/l is the best..thanks for the reply

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Just finished reading your thread. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ Oop's. Just dozed off for a sec.

Seriously, I have been doing something like this for many years. When the stress
factor reaches critical stage you have to park your brain and let it recharge. Some kind
of meditation on a daily basis can relieve a lot of stress. Everyone should adapt there own
system of stress relief. Along with my daily meditation is my evening walk with my dogs
around our two acres in the woods. Whatever the weather conditions, we are always outdoors
for some period of time and I find it quite relaxing.
See you later, cookie. Hugs to you

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

Hugs 43LEO729
I agree everyone needs a mental time out,and walking the dogs and getting fresh air is a great idea.. I love it outside here its so quiet and peaceful.I also take time each day to do a little meditation just to recharge~~cookie

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join