It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang gunbattles, street blockades in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Gang gunbattles, street blockades in Mexico

news.yahoo.com

GUADALAJARA, Mexico – Suspected drug cartel gunmen hurled grenades, burned vehicles and blocked streets in a rapid series of attacks in Mexico's second-largest city, authorities said Wednesday.

The seven attacks within two hours late Tuesday appear to have been coordinated, and were staged by drug gangs, possibly in retaliation for the arrests of their members, said Fernando Guzman Perez, interior secretary of Jalisco state, where the city of Guadalajara is located. A policeman and two transportation workers were injured in the attacks.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Cairo isn't apparently the only place where chaos is erupting in the streets.

Narco-militants in Mexico attacked a police station in one of Mexico's largest cities, burned vehicles, put up roadblocks, and engaged in firefights with the Mexican military.

Seems like 2011 could be a year of chaos and violent change around the world.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
its really hittin all the fans around the world!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There was a once video in the web that showed Drug Cartels cutting a neck of a man very slowly. It's really sick there's blood gushing like everywhere. The Butcher cuts his neck like if it was meat. That video was now taken ff the net

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
this wave of evil has steadily been moving upward from south america. it started in colombia in the 80's and 90's and has been passed on to the mexicans in the late 90's to the present.

if this trend continues it will hit america in the later half of this decade.

it has throughly destroyed colombia until they realized that it was killing and consuming their country and their lives.

they passed this evil onto the mexicans who took over the distribution and now a few colombians who survived stick to just supplying it.

once it is done destroying mexico and the mexicans finally realize the true evil of what has taken over them, and the bodies are all buried, this force will be passed on and taken up by americans who will distribute this evil amongst themselves.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

IS here any place a civilian in this country can get knee deep in the !@#$ ?????? I am actually bored with same ole stuff like waking up and drinking my coffee and same ole stuff!! I want action and adrenaline!!!! Send my happy butt to Mexico with a gun or knife and I'd be happy to take a bullet to save innocent lives from worthless POS like the cartels. The military won't let me in bc I wear a hearing aid yet I am Want in some combat like friggin bad!!!! I've been shot once and stabbed twice its not like i am deluded by movies and games hell I am 30 yrs old and want a piece of freedom and pull my weight

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

then they move to Canada? After Canada to Russia?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

If you live in the states just buy a gun and take the bus to mexico. What's the problem?
If you're really itching to die that can be arranged.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
How about the French foriegn Legion?
Oh no they disbanded it afterthey tried to kill the president of france.
How about trying your luck walking theough watts?
Anyways the mexican violence is a very menacing forecast for the future of the southern states after they incorporate mexico into the USA.
Meanwhile in Mexico itself,it seems that both federales and cartelistas need to get some shooting tips badly....
It seems like the death toll is rather low for the amount of rounds expended. these things arent just point and shoot ya know...it does require a certain amount of finesse to put the lead downrange accurately under stress.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The French Foreign Legion isn't disbanded.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Do Ya Think ??????

leftcoastledger.wordpress.com...

It is one of the fastest growing religions on earth, and it is multiplying at an alarming rate according to a 2005 report by the BBC.

It is of course Islam, and with increasing tensions on the US-Mexican border, it is one more cause of concern for citizens already feeling the threat of increasingly emboldened drug and human trafficking cartels. Islam is growing in Mexico.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I still do not understand why the Mexican military will not declare all out war with the cartels and end this crap.

Remember "Operation Pipe Dreams" the US big drug bust? That lead to the arrest of Tommy Chong

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

This has been going on for quite awhile now and isn't so much civil unrest as the culmination of the "War on Drugs". These guys are no joke and only seem to be getting more bold and violent whenever they get pressed. I would still go to Mexico, it's not a battlefield as we're led to believe and I would still feel safer there than bad neighborhoods in large US cities.

Oh and the French Foreign Legion is alive and well. If you wanna be hardcore and see some action its the way to go. www.legion-recrute.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Good troopers. Bought the party line hook, line and sinker. Oh, and some new ones as well. That's rich!

I don't see anyone here ready for the truth about what is happening here and why. It is true there are some unknown details about the "who" but it is obvious most everyone is responding as they want you to.

Many of the "cartel" soldiers see themselves as freedom fighters against oppressive government. There may be more than an ounce of truth to that notion. There is a lot of competition for a share of supplying the world's most drug-hungry nation, our neighbors to the north, but both of our governments are fighting, together, for that privilege.

In the mean time all the ruckus being stirred-up and hyped-up in the press is doing its job preparing everyone to both deny other persons' liberties as well as give up more of their own freedoms so that their government will give them more security, which they ain't gonna do anyhow! Just more of the same until you beg Big Brother to come into your home and protect you from the boogie-man, then find out who the boogie-man really is.

Sure, your government knows what's best for you, and themselves.

Keep supporting prohibition and see where that gets you. Another day older and deeper in debt and doo-doo.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys but I, personally, live in Alaska and I'm so glad I don't have to deal with any of the B.S. going on elsewhere in the world.

No sales tax, no snakes, no poisonous spiders. Heck, we even have our own missile defense shield over at Fort Greely.

I almost feel like Alaska is one of the only remaining places in the U.S. where you can feel somewhat safe.

For the sake of myself and my family, I've thought of all the possible scenarios and possibilities.. Up here, if the entire world went haywire, we would still be able to survive and live off the land if we had to.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I for one would be interested in the truth if you have a better perspective than what we are being fed. It is obviously BS but when we don't even get a glimmer of the truth reported anywhere it makes it difficult to see what is really happening.

I do believe beyond a doubt that for some reason certain of those telling the story do not want US citizens visiting Mexico for some odd reason. Not enough to physically stop us but enough to go out of their way to discourage us.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I should retract some blanket comments I made. It appears some do have an inkling about what is really going on here and why. My own city was blockaded twice about two months ago at all five entrances into town. What is going on recently near Guadalajara airport is similar. That airport highway is also the one that leads to the "gringo" enclave of Chapala/Ajijic.

Fortunately a lot of the gunplay is for the purpose of making noise and showing that they mean business. Not that many "outsiders" are getting hurt so much as inconvenienced by these occurrences. It's not child's play going on but there is a lot of hype accompanying all this, seemingly wanting to cause panic and perhaps cause an "incident" that would justify an intrusion.

There is tension in various parts of the world right now, and their appears to outside hands stirring the pot. To what end is the purpose of this?

Despite all, life goes on as usual here. Today is Chinese New Year, Year of the Rabbit. A bunch of us are meeting for Chinese comida this afternoon at a restaurant in my Mexican home city. Most of "us" are American ex-pats with little desire to return to the US any time soon if ever. There is less tension here than up north. We like it like that.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

if this trend continues it will hit america in the later half of this decade.

If only we had that much time ....

That is certainly a very positive estimate, I don't think we have anywhere near that much time. My guess is that we have no more than 2 or 3 years at the most to get ready for the hell that's about to descend upon the southwestern United States. Yeah, maybe those of us in the northeast like myself on Long Island have about 5 or 6 years before the Mexico style cartel hits, gunbattles, etc hit us. But this stuff is going to be in Dallas, Phoenix, Los Angeles, etc by the middle of 2013, if not sooner.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I don't think something similar could happen in the US unless they decide to allow it to happen for whatever reason. This is tantamount to rebellion and with a military fully trained and practiced in Urban warfare along with Police that do not tolerate being messed with this could happen once or twice before the entire cartel is crushed.

Make no mistake, the powers that exist in the US are that powerful and their only restriction is what the people will allow. Go ahead and trash Dallas and then see what the people will allow... Hint: It will not be pretty.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by ChrisF231

I don't think something similar could happen in the US unless they decide to allow it to happen for whatever reason. This is tantamount to rebellion and with a military fully trained and practiced in Urban warfare along with Police that do not tolerate being messed with this could happen once or twice before the entire cartel is crushed.

It is happening in the US, just not to the extent it is in Mexico, the media just chooses to talk about Lindsey Lohan and her rehab stint instead. Watch some of the LA riot footage and you may rethink your position on the probability of the subject. The police were owned and even fled many areas, you think our military is going to come in and start blowing people away? I don't think so, look at Egypt, I don't think it would go down much differently here in the states with the exception the US would be more volatile ten fold. We wouldn't be caring sticks and throwing stones that's for sure. Heck we could have sent just one of our gangs over to Egypt and brought control or chaos to Cairo, no kidding. These gangs don't mess around, period, they have nothing to lose.

new topics

top topics

join