It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Ramblings. . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Get up and go to a job that you hate for at least 40 hours a week. People in your face all day, coughing, sneezing, not bothering to cover their mouth...rancid breath... no raises this year...thats nice. Gas prices on the rise, groceries and what not have sky rocketed... be grateful you have a job, be grateful you have a job... you tell yourself.

You remember you need sodas... the one thing you allow yourself you "splurge"on... Wow, that case of soda that was 5.99 for the 24 pack is now 7.99 for a 20 pack... ain't that just a rip! Stop after work at your mailbox... oh look your power bill is way more than it has been in the past... You haven't changed anything, you even switched to those energy saving light bulbs
... no raise either... be thankful you have a job.... Your boss, sensing your stress level comments that any number of people would be glad to have your job...no raise, and your making less due to more taxes being taken out of your pay....tax, tax, tax...

Everyone is in a hurry...rude...they look tired too...stressed...I wonder if they are grateful that they have a job...You get a mental image and can't help but feel sad... we are all just rats running together in a giant maze, a select few standing out front taunting us with the cheese... laughing at us while we are killing ourselves slowly...running and running and not getting anywhere...lost. And what happens when they run out of cheese?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

DAMN THE MAN!!!!! or men

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

LOL... Amen... I notice, working in the public, that people just look and seem weary and worn.. I live in a small Kentucky town... everyone always waves at each other in passing... not so anymore... more people seem to be driving along staring into space, no doubt lost in worries of what tomorrow might bring...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

That was beautiful...S&F.

You elegantly portray the tireless and futile nature of average person's position in society.
More like a story or poem than a technical description of our broken society. I liked it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I to live in a small Kentucky town, and if I'm on a one lane road and meet another car I usually back up to a wide spot to let them by. Most of the time 9 times out of 10 they will look the other way or down at the radio to keep from giving a little wave. What ever happen to all the friendly people in the world. If your going to snub me at least flip me the bird. But there is a few and I mean might few that would offer help if a person's car is broke down. Well enough of my ranting .............. nice to see another Kentuckian on here......

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Thank you!

I am glad that you liked it! Its sad, you can kind of read this story in peoples faces these days.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NearDeathExp.ChangedMe

Howdy neighbor! I am the same way and I always try to wave. Knowing times are hard and people are stressed and tired, I always think that that one small gesture of raising a hand to wave and a smile just might turn someones day around!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Its sad, you can kind of read this story in peoples faces these days.

Yeah, because it's virtually the same story for 90% of people who live in crowded modern towns or cities. I personally can't stand anything about the city, the pollution, the crime, the general bitterness of people. It's completely degrading, there's no humanity about it. Out in the country it's completely different. I feel people need some genuine open space and integration with nature to really feel whole. Balance is the key to everything in life, and trying to pack thousands of people together in a completely synthetic environment stripped of all nature, where they work 5 days a week and still struggle to provide for themselves and their family, it's a quick downhill path to total and utter misery. Only when we've gone too far will we wake up to the true extent of our damaging behaviors, socially and environmentally.

edit on 2-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Its funny you say that. I live in a small town in Ky. Country as cornbread. I think it is everywhere. Or getting that way fast. It used to be that you could go out when you were stressed and ride the backroads... that is a thing of the past... houses everywhere..traffic... noise pollution. My husband and I went to the mountains last year and rented a secluded cabin, we didn't realize how much noise we were exposed to everyday... it was so quiet in that cabin that we couldn't sleep... strange... we craved peace and quiet and then couldn't cope... had to go out and buy a fan so we could sleep!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Its funny you say that. I live in a small town in Ky. Country as cornbread. I think it is everywhere.

Haha, well that must suck. But I do know it's not the same everywhere, it can differ drastically depending on the area. I do live in Australia though, I'm guessing you live in the US, and what you consider a country town probably isn't very similar to what I would consider a country town.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Country town to me is the one I live in. 1 caution light and population around 600 or so. Used to be crickets and frogs were the only noise you had to deal with, I miss those days! There is a small airport about 10 miles east of me that has expanded and now takes small jet traffic... yeah thats fun!

top topics

join