It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge To Atheists, Deists, Agnostics, and children of all ages.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Doesn't that violate the second law of thermodynamics ...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Congratulations papa.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I learned all evil comes from sickness, and we are all sick.

I learned this sickness is necessary. It is the cloak we wear in this world. Our various illnesses are what gives us the personalities we live inside, and the interaction of these personalities with "reality" is the engine which drives this great simulation we have jointly created.

Do you mind explaining the "sickness" part, especially where you say it is necessary.

I'm very sorry to hear about your childhood experience.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Sorry for all my posts ... I know this is your thread, but you have gathered so many interesting people. S&F.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
On 1-31-2011 I became aware of the Stream of Life. I am a StreamWalker ...

1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

----------------------

intriguingly, these statements are from the very last page of the book of the Revelation of John.

Of course your "stream of life" could be different, but in my mind, it's the same river, which flows from the throne of God in eternity, from the first and the last, the alpha and the omega of existence.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

I learned all evil comes from sickness, and we are all sick.

I learned this sickness is necessary. It is the cloak we wear in this world. Our various illnesses are what gives us the personalities we live inside, and the interaction of these personalities with "reality" is the engine which drives this great simulation we have jointly created.

Do you mind explaining the "sickness" part, especially where you say it is necessary.

I'm very sorry to hear about your childhood experience.

All is one and all is perfect and all is eternal.

How boring would that be?
If you were that one, would you exist in endless boredom, or would you want to do something, have adventures, learn, interact with others?
But how would these things work when you are all there is and you're perfect and know everything?

I'm guessing first you'd create the illusion of separateness. These "separate" individuals would have to forget who they are, and cover their perfection and oneness with a personality, gaining a character of desires, habits, inclinations and imperfections. This is original "sin". This is what we think of as the self.

Some religions get hung up on seeing through this self, and finding our way back to godhood. But this is just one of the many games we can play in this reality. It's not important, as we'll find our way back anyway, sometime. We're here for a purpose, and that purpose is to experience, to grow, tho learn, to love, and to have fun.

Thanks, but don't be sorry about my childhood. All is one; we are our abusers every bit as much as we are ourselves, and we are all learning and growing. We should do to each other as we do to ourselves because they are ourselves, and what we do to "them" we are doing to ourselves. Empathy is the beginning of this awareness.

However it doesn't matter that not everyone knows this. The illusion is part of the game. Would you buy a computer game if there were no bad guys in it? No problems, no adventures, no final boss?

Being so bad in some ways is part of what makes this a great world. Enjoy it, it's yours.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Greetings my friends,

"None of us will let another tell us what to think.

Think about that. That is a pretty powerful statement. Not a single person will allow another to tell them how to think. They may allow you to whip them into submission and tell them how to act. They may allow you to present information that if they find true, they will accept. But no one will allow anyone into their mind and force them to think a certain way."

I will answer your questions and I love the sentiment however I believe that people do allow themselves to be told what to think. Our children.........allow us to tell them how to think and what to think about race, religion, politics, etc.....and the majority of people do not have or form their own opinions or do any form of critical thinking at all because they truly have been indoctrinated by their parents and the status quo of this society........When your ideas pretty much are a carbon copy of your parents and you get asked why you hold such beliefs and most people can't answer as to why other than "That's how I was raised" it's a pretty good indication of people being led to think and believe a certain way.....just saying....

Well you get a pretty good idea from above about who I am.....but then again maybe not.....
I live in a small town in Mississippi, I am a taxi driver, I draw and design tattoos but don't actually do them myself.....I love Rock music......I don't have a religion only spirituality and a hunger for the truth.....I am extremely analytical......Sometimes I come across as so passionate and strong on a subject no one will give me their opinion because they feel there is no room for theirs or I make them feel stupid because I explain my points so well.......(That's why I like ATS
* ).......I graduated from massage therapy school in November 2010.......I have a fundamental desire to help people, sometimes to my detriment.

I am an ATS member, a U.S. citizen not afraid to stand up and shout to the rooftops about the Constitution and what inalienable rights really mean, call out the police on stupid B.S. and threaten lawsuits if I am persecuted.....I have a big mouth and I am proud of it.......I am.........me

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thank you. You have no idea what that means to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I am Love and Acceptance

Namaste My Friend

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by IAMIAM

I am Love and Acceptance

Namaste My Friend

Namaste indeed!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Interesting.
Who am I? I am the conflict of emotions.

I am here.
I am lost.
I am sad.
I am happy.
I am love.
I am hate.
I am wise.
I am foolish.
But most importantly.
I am Saved.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Who am I? & Meaning of Life?

I am energy that has the ability to look at itself objectively, but not objective enough, because we dont really know anything for sure, for some reason we cant see the truth about things. We can label things and provide educated guess's on how things work. But we are always proven wrong and dont really understand.

Who am I? I am a person that wakes up every single day, and wonders what I am, why do my cells continue to operate, how does my brain which is made up of networks create this illusion of space that is self. I guess I am just pure curiosity and am awe struck at the impossibility that is my self, an intelligent human being. Vivaciously quenching for answers when there is none, words are only vibrations in the air so how can they create meaning when they themselves are the same as I... energy. Writing on paper doesn't help, those are useless shapes that represent what I have said. Well then maybe math ? Math is finite, the universe is not, how can a finite, virtual scribble describe the universe and the amazing thing I am ? Sure 1+1 =2, but is there anything in the universe that is actually 1+1=2 ?.. no, even electrons that make my finger nails are constantly changing their charge. I guess to define who I am would be to define energy. Energy could be defined as something that is always changing and never static. I am always changing and never static.

The meaning of life is to find, the meaning of life.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
i live in my imagination and play god (funny thing is, me playing god is me playing hundreds of characters in it, there are millions of people in my world but they are just props; 38million to be exact).
my imagination is my own personal identity. it is like a flower, it has bloomed from a simple "I’ll pretend I’m a hero and i got to save the princess" to an all-out high fantasy that could rival the Silmarillion (unlike Tolkien, who i adore, i don’t want to share it with others; i will tell you the formula for it though
).
Formula for my imagination:
lord of the rings+zelda+(star wars/future technology)+final fantasy+(new things i think will be wonderful to add on)+my own creativity= Zachary's imagination!!!
but i also have other formulas for other imaginations, but the one i explained is my favorite one... but after 13yrs of living in there, the story is almost at an end (which scares me, i relive past events in it because I’m to scared to let it go).

I love the Universe more than anybody I have ever met. When I think about the Universe I fall into a beautiful numbness that makes me feel unreal. When I look at pictures of galaxies, nebulas, etc. I start to cry and for hours later I am enthralled in a roller-coaster of emotions of how unfathomable the Universe is. And if I stare at the night sky, I have to do it alone or people will question my sanity, I become something unnecessarily different. Sometimes it gets to beautiful that I have to withdraw in my imagination or else suicide whispers hello.
I want to be an astronomy teacher, but I don’t know if public schools could handle someone that would teach like me. I search for answers but I know I understand nothing. I place my trust in science and my imagination; the only answer that I feel like I got right, is that I/solar system came from another star explosion. So my human instinct tries to relate that in a significant way… but who really knows if it is significant! All in all, the Universe is the most hilarious thing ever! Which pisses me off to no end because i am tired of this horrifyingly-elaborate-beautiful-whatever this is! (im seriously so angry at it that im laughing at myself for being angry over the thing thats us! F M L!!!!) (now im crying.)
I also go to Oklahoma University; I am majoring in teaching and minoring in astronomy

edit on 02/25/2011 by zptramel because: candycorn cannot be freebased!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I am always and forever.
I was and i will be never.
I am here and now.
Never there or then.
I am, it is.
Just perceiving.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
"Why are you here? What do you think the purpose of your life is?"

I constintely ponder this question on a weekly basis because it is such an intriguing one. I still have not found the answer and honestly I don't believe it can be found.

I honestly don't think we have a purpose. Why do we "have" to have a purpose to exist? Why do we breathe oxygen and not methane? These questions cannot be answered simply, as the answers just aren't available.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello friend.
Who am i?
Well I do not know still.
Im am lost, I have been wandering down every path that life can lead us, through all of lifes twist and its turns, down the good paths and the bad.
Yet Im still not sure I know the right way to go.
Only time will tell if this path leads to a new beginning or it just leads me back to the start.
Either way, its just another journey.

Peace to you.
Meathed

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
Hello friend.
Who am i?
Well I do not know still.
Im am lost, I have been wandering down every path that life can lead us, through all of lifes twist and its turns, down the good paths and the bad.
Yet Im still not sure I know the right way to go.
Only time will tell if this path leads to a new beginning or it just leads me back to the start.
Either way, its just another journey.

Peace to you.
Meathed

Ah, we are all travelling upon that level of time, to that undiscovered country from whose born
no traveller returns.

Well met my friend.

And may peace be upon you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Who am I?

I am a writer, a story teller, a thinker and dreamer. In creating worlds with words or trying to bring ideas to light, I find myself glimpsing at the joy of creation. It's a fantastic task, and a thrilling thing to see these worlds come alive as I write them, sometimes seemingly of their own accord.

As I try to express my ideas, I do so trying to be a teacher, trying to help people learn. However more often I end up learning more then I teach. This suits me fine, as I am the eternal student. I forever seek to learn of all things. Sometimes my yearning burns with such force that it becomes almost painful and will not be dulled until I have discovered that which I set out to learn.

I speak with a odd form, not because I try to be better then others with my flowerly speech, but simply because I see so much beauty around me that I can hardly allow myself to sully it with vulgar speech. I am poet at heart.

I am also the wounded. I was once nothing more then a uncaring monster. I hurt those who most needed my help and my love. Took advantage of them. Spitefully used them. Now I have seen this monster, and realise that it is not me. It's just one of the layers of useless labels that I allowed to smother me because I didn't know who I was. I now am the best friend of those I hurt. I protect them even at the expense of myself. And I work at peeling off the rotted husk that once was me.

Why am I here?

To help those who need it. No questions asked. It matters not who you are to me. If asked I will help. I've tried helping when not asked, but you cannot force a man to be saved, any more then you can for a rock to be a tree. No more then I could force myself to not be a monster until I learned who I was.

Now that I know to what depths we can sink and then rise up again, I don't care what you have done, your wounded past is nothing to me. You are who you are in this moment. If you are a good person now, then what you were then no longer matters. If you are struggling, I'm here with a hand to help you up.

We need not suffer alone. None of us are perfect, and the more we use gerelizations and unreal expectations to blanket people in labels, the less we will know them. And to know someone is to love them. If you know them through and through, you cannot hate them, you may feel sorrow for them if what they do causes pain to others, but you cannot hate them.

I'm here to teach that, and to contiune to learn it. The more I learn, the less I know, and the better I am for it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Very pleased to meet you here my friend.

Now if I could meet another 143,986 just like you, we could transform this world. I know they are out there doing the do and I have faith that when the time comes, we will all do our part.

Keep doing the do my friend!

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join