It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge To Atheists, Deists, Agnostics, and children of all ages.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think that what I believe I am and what people perceive I am are 2 different things! We all somewhat "know" what/who we are because we feel it in some way... Putting it in words is not that easy!!! So interpret who YOU think I am!

I am a simple man, a husband, and father of a 2 week old boy... My definition of myself has changed in the last few years as natural life changes occurred; starting my career, getting married, having a child, etc...

But at the base of all things, I am a man, a husband, and a father.

As a man, well I am just a regular everyday man! I do the best I can for others and treat women the best way I can.

As a husband, I tell my wife that I love her, I remind her of how beautiful she is... I do this everyday. I treat my wife the best way I can; although I have money, I don't always get things for her (flowers, gifts, etc...), I prefer to do things for her or make things for her; breakfast in bed, help with our son when she is tired, etc...

As a father, I love my son very much and want only the best. My son is only 2 weeks old so for now there's nothing much I can do other than watch my wife breastfeed, change his diaper every 5 minutes
and hold him when he cries... I know that later my role will change. I have already changed a lot!!

After this, I am a police officer, a musician, a scuba diver, a survivalist style camper... I mention the things I do because they help define what and who I am...

As a police officer, I am the social worker, the psychologist, the Dr., the taxi driver, and most of the time I am just the simple ear that people need to talk to sometimes... I am also in a different state of mind; professional, compassionate, selfless, on guard.

As a musician, I can let all my love, anger, happiness, thoughts, and pain out... I can reach people with my music and touch them (those who actually like my music...
). I am careless, dreamy, not in this world...

As a scuba diver, I am relaxed, easy going, having fun, and enjoying the semi-weightlessness...

As a survivalist camper, I enjoy the awesome world of nature and return to my animal instincts. I feel that everything around me connects to me and feel like I'm part of life; I feel alive. I feel like I have purpose and reason to be there more than usual...

I hope this helps define what/who I am to you all...

I hope I didn't bore you!!

Magnum
edit on 11/2/3 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There is no I (You neither)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
who am i? i am me, by this i mean i am every positive and every negative thing that has happened to me and i am everyone i have ever met i am also those things that i haven't done, see or met. righting this i realise it would probably be easier to explain mist to a blind man

the meaning of life? is to enjoy it and take something out of even the negatives

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I understand where you are coming from.
I have also been naked.

As a young child, I was destroyed. My heart, mind and body were broken and my personality shattered.

I learned I was none of those things which were destroyed.

I learned I was nothing that could be destroyed and could not even be damaged by anyone but myself.

I learned one damages oneself by doing harm, by refraining from doing good, by believing in one's separateness, and by embracing bitterness, anger and misery.

I lived in the embrace of something great and wonderful, of which we are part.

I learned we can see this something great and wonderful within all people, even the worst of malicious abusers.

I learned all evil comes from sickness, and we are all sick.

I learned this sickness is necessary. It is the cloak we wear in this world. Our various illnesses are what gives us the personalities we live inside, and the interaction of these personalities with "reality" is the engine which drives this great simulation we have jointly created. This simulation is the way the one becomes the many, and can experience adventures, relationships, amusements and companionship.

I have lived many lives in one, always with the hand of the great and wonderful reached out beside me, ready to clasp mine, and their words in my ear, waiting to be heard. I have seen and done the impossible. I have been to heaven.

As the years have gone by my intense longing to return to that heaven has receded. I have learned we are in heaven, but, insofar as that awareness prevents us interacting in the game, we must continue to close out eyes to that fact. Gradually our awareness can expand and encompass both simultaneously, and then we only stay here to finish our tasks and support those around us, revelling in the heaven surrounding us while playing out the remainder of this role in the game.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Who am I?

I am an actor wearing a mask, playing my role in this world ACT.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Who are you? Not your name, not your place of birth, not your job, but who are YOU at your very core?
reply to post by IAMIAM

A have a growing conviction that I am a soul, but I am yet to know myself fully.

Why are you here? What do you think the purpose of your life is?

I believe I am here to learn the lesson of unconditional love, and have been trying to learn this lesson since time immemorial.

Unfortunately, I am a very poor student who has always been distracted by all my desires and attachments in these lives.

The reality is that I am bound to fail. My only hope is that my Teacher will be merciful.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
The reality is that I am bound to fail.

1. My friend, if this is your belief, that you are bound to fail, then this is the lesson your teacher will teach. Be the lesson you want to learn, the teacher will show you how.

2. Do not be something you are not. You are perfect just the way God made you in his image. Act like it.

3. God is love, be love to everyone and you will be yourself.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 5-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Do not be something you are not. You are perfect just the way God made you in his image. Act like it.

If I were perfect, I would hardly need to be here, in my opinion.

God is love, be love to everyone and you will be yourself.

Wise words, to be sure, and I do agree according to my own understanding.

However, I am interested in knowing what exactly you mean by "be love" to everyone?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The meaning of life is the consciously evolve physically, spiritually and mentally and facilitate the same in others and the planet as a whole.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am a Modern Christian Deist.

My beliefs are that Christ was a philosopher that gave good moral teachings.

I follow the Deist Principles.
moderndeism.com...

I use the Jefferson bible.
en.wikipedia.org...

I also follow the Deist Philosophy rejecting the churches of today as corrupt and not real believers.
This is deism of today
Not something 100 or 200 years ago
www.positivedeism.com...

The only problem i have with other religions is when they try to define what a deist is and what deism is.

Most of the time they are wrong and sometimes they try to use disinformation to confuse others into believing that we are some kind of atheist agnostic or nutcases,
This only shows how ignorant they are.

Deist believe in God, but we don't need churches or clergy to try to impose rules on us. or try to control our beliefs.

"It's not God I have the problem with, it's his fan club."

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Who are you? Not your name, not your place of birth, not your job, but who are YOU at your very core?

I am so many different things.I am a dreamer,a rebel,a glitch in the matrix,an alien in my own planet,a warrior,an artist.

Why are you here? What do you think the purpose of your life is?

It might sound funny,but i'm here to help.For a reason still unknown to me an since the age of 12-13 years old, people come to me for help and advise.I have tried many times to avoid it,but it seems impossible.I'm a magnet for troubled people.Anyone,with any kind of problem finds his/her way to me.
So i determined that this must be the reason i'm here.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
On 1-31-2011 I became aware of the Stream of Life. I am a StreamWalker ...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
Wise words, to be sure, and I do agree according to my own understanding.

However, I am interested in knowing what exactly you mean by "be love" to everyone?

I cannot tell you that my friend. I can only hope that I represent it through my actions in a way that you understand what I mean by it.

You are your own teacher. I am just a fellow student.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

i dont think that was quite necessary. this thread shouldn't be bashing beliefs, just sharing and listening

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am a collection of molecules with on odd ability to think. i'm in a wonderful world, and everything is there for a reason. I'm here to experience all there is, good, bad. I will find the meaning in everything, and search for meaning as gracefully as possibly in that which i don't understand.i'm trying to make the best of my time here and enjoying as many moments as i can, because everyone has beliefs but no one will know until it's to late. so i'm placing my bets on the now trying to help others more than myself, and if there is no afterlife i know my present good will have payed off. I try to do without so others can have when possible, even if it's hard. understanding the hardships of others. helping them. i suppose that is the core of who i am, as well as the purpose to my life . energy is never lost, be it positive or negative

on more basic terms, i am a student, a guitarist, a friend, and a speck in the universe

s & f
good thread. apologies if my thought is a bit rambly or not well put together

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I think I prefer the company of a good or bad dog to that of good or bad people.... God is simply something I don't believe exist. The idea of a belief system where you can just will yourself to accept something that you can neither see or hear of except in books assembled and presented by people desiring to control others just isn't enough to sell me on the idea.... I live in the Bible Belt and believe me it would be a lot easier for me if I was to lie and say I am something I'm not and in addition to that become a Mason but I would rather live in the woods and enjoy life with my insane dog that may or may not train out to be more civilized than my church going neighbors.

I hear you loud and clear and commend you for being yourself in a hostile environment. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water though.

The God of religion has been perverted throughout the ages.

But I can asure you my friend that the loyalty of your dog is nothing in comparison to ____ (whatever you want to call it)! Nothing, absolutely nothing.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

But I can asure you my friend that the loyalty of your dog is nothing in comparison to ____ (whatever you want to call it)! Nothing, absolutely nothing.

And yet the loyalty and love of a dog is unconditional. Can the same be said for ___ ?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

Originally posted by AllIsOne

And yet the loyalty and love of a dog is unconditional. Can the same be said for ___ ?

Excellent question!

If you believe in the God of the bible, qur'an, or any other religion the answer would be NO. If you don't accept their god, you will go to hell or worse ... That's the definition, and the crux of religion. It is exclusive, it's a "mental" country club with limited membership access.

The truth is rather different though. The UNSPEAKABLE is all-loving, all-forgiving and ever-patient and deeply cares about your personal path. There is a consciousness that is greater than anything you can think of. I cannot prove it and I have nothing to sell to you, but I've experienced it. I believe the OP has had a similar experience.

Please don't mix up the religious definition of "God" with the real deal ... I've done it myself for decades. Humankind has been brain-washed for millennia. God has been corrupted, hijacked, and perverted for socio-political purposes. The funny thing is there are absolut truths in those "holy" texts, but they've been buried in between lies, wrong translations, edits, and more sinister stuff.

Open up your heart and you will see. Don't believe anything I write unless you can verify it for yourself.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I'd love to hear in your words what the Aware Universe means to you.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

Congratulations you are on the seventh step ... :-)

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join