It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Quartza

Quartza, forget about the audio for a second......but don't you find it odd that none of the 5 seperate parties who have supposedly taken this footage have come forward to be interviewed.......are they that scared that they might face a public polygraph test?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DeboWilliams

No one is claiming you did any of that or I am not. All I said is your evidence can not be used to say this is a hoax. Its good evidence to way in on the final project, but it comes down to the video itself as to me the audio is inconclusive. I have not shot you down one time completely I have just asked for more.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

If the orb in the video was cgi, but audio was really taken from the location, does that make the orb real or FAKE? answer me that, simple question, be direct please.

That's not a 'simple question'...

What proof of cgi are you referring to?

If the orb was cgi, then it was fake. But why was it cgi? Has that been conclusively proven? And why are you asking a question that answers itself, despite the lack of any proof that your interpretation of the posited causal factor is accurate? If you remove the bit where you say:

but audio was really taken from the location

You'll see why you've failed to make any sense, and why the inclusion of a reference to the audio (in your statement/ 'question') was irrelevant.

Thanks, that what I wanted to say....im just so tired of these talks with debo.

Debo, thanks for all your work into the audio but we just cant jump to saying it is a hoax with such little evidence

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Been around a few Hebrew sites, here are a few "witnesses" (I speak Hebrew, but when copying the text here been using Google Translate, but fixing where it's wrong. FYI)
www.tapuz.co.il...
User Rafi275 (רפי275)

I was in Jerusalem on the date in question with another 3 people saw the same thing just from somewhere else (we did not get to see the flash, but certainly the object red lights.)

To tell the truth
I did not believe in aliens
I'm religious and wrote here and the message just because my friend referred me here (after we saw the video)

People who wrote videos are fake:
If Photoshop is just a hobby, then that's fine.
But if this profession, I do not think you have a bright future ..... Don't let anyone hoax, it's real to report - c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y true.
I do not know if it is aliens or a new plane, I can assure you that the clips are real

After he was told that it they said in the news it was fake, and spoke to one of the uploaders, he said:

First
I do not care what the guy who uploaded the video said, and I do not care what they said in the news

I know what I and 2 friends we saw with our eyes (the same thing exactly, especially the red lights and white light before it went down [when it was down we did not see it because we were in a lower position compared to those who took the video])

Believe, don't believe I really do not care
Those who want to know we were in the park which is located between King George Street and Manasseh ben Israel

In my opinion it is some new unmanned aerial vehicle not tell us about it
That could be unleashed a kind of lighting bomb (white light) and the red lights of the drone.
Not everything is straight aliens aliens

Although there is no mention in the Bible aliens (does not say that exist and it doesn't say it doesn't) but probably not aliens

After people wrote of inconsistencies in the movement between the first videos and video #4 he said:

I wrote from the very beginning we have not seen this thing when he was close to the Golden Dome (at first he was very high in the sky and everyone saw)
It was also seen in the sky we saw what we saw, Say what you want
The red lights also seen
All Jerusalem talking about it and you think you invented the wheel here

In any case I think it's a secret tool of the IDF's no such thing as aliens and all that crap

Also, this is a site of one of the main newspapers in Israel, Maariv. Comment #143:
www.nrg.co.il...

I saw
fragile, 02/02/11 10:10
I saw the group of lights ... I thought I was seeing things because I was exhausted, I thought my eyes were tricking me, after reading yesterday and I saw the videos, I realized it was real - crazy ..

BTW - if someone missed it - here's a photo taken from the same place video #4 was taken - you can clearly see the city walls and domes - does it add info to the flash of light in vid #4?
www.treybarrow.com...
edit on 4-2-2011 by haketem because: BTW

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Is there anyone thats watching / following this thread KNOWS anything useful? I would like for some new people to chime in and discuss new angles that might be had. Anyone that are experts in any fields? I'm really not looking to hold debates with Billy bobs from the cattle ranch

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by haketem

Nice find man nice find. Hmm we have google translators that come out this good or did you fill in some blanks?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one
reply to post by Quartza

Quartza, forget about the audio for a second......but don't you find it odd that none of the 5 seperate parties who have supposedly taken this footage have come forward to be interviewed.......are they that scared that they might face a public polygraph test?

I think someone posted a reply to that, that it was actually against the law to be filming in that area at that time, or something, and they could be fined or arrested. I don't remember the detail, though.

link   
Hello all.
Iam 34 and from Germany.
We have there our own Thread about this happening over Jerusalem.

www.allmystery.de...

I have a Questions about this Video:
www.youtube.com...

Can you look about second 0.51 second,look at the handyDisplay.
I think,you can see there the Object from the Sky.
See this pic :
www.allmystery.de...
I have make a picture of it,but its not a good Jpg Pic:-(
My questions:Can someone make a better Picture of the Handy Display?

edit on 4-2-2011 by werner76 because: Edit a scence.Handy display

link   
No way read 68 pages, so if already posted, I'm sory:

Jerusalem UFO 'Almost Certainly a Hoax' Analysis by Ian O'Neill

On Jan. 28, a light appeared over Jerusalem. Apparently guided by some form of intelligence, the light hovered high above the Dome of the Rock, an ancient Islamic shrine.

The footage then shows the light drop and seemingly hover just above the shrine. After a few moments, and a brief flash of a strobe, the light took off, disappearing into the night sky.

Videos have surfaced of the event and have since gone viral on YouTube. The news headlines read: "Holy Smoke - UFO in Jerusalem," "Dome of the Rock Jerusalem light all proof UFO fans need that aliens exist" and "Credible? Jerusalem UFO footage captured from multiple viewpoints."

Some of the media sources are skeptical, while others (unsurprisingly) are very quick to pull the alien card.

It's easy to jump to the conclusion that just because there are a handful of videos from different perspectives, that it must be real. Indeed, a common complaint aired by skeptics is that UFO videos are often shaky and one of a kind. For example: why would there be only one video of a UFO over a populated city?

In this case, the skeptics should be silenced; these videos appear to be from different parts to the city, shot by different people (apparently of different nationalities), of exactly the same event.

Alas, the footage might be a little too good to be true.

After consulting Discovery News in-house skeptic Benjamin Radford, it quickly became apparent that there were a few oddities in the footage and technical hitches that may reveal the videos' true nature: an elaborate hoax.

"If it is an extraterrestrial spacecraft, it is a very small one," Ben told me via email when commenting on the possible origin of the "UFO."

"Judging by the size and distance of the dome it apparently hovers over, it would likely be not much bigger than a limousine. This doesn't mean it's not a spaceship, but it does make you wonder."

OK, so if this is a real UFO and it's being driven by ET, they might just be very small aliens. Why would they need a big spacecraft?

But there's doubt as to whether this light is a UFO at all, let alone an alien visitation.

When commenting on one of the videos apparently shot by American tourists, Ben noticed something fishy about the scene.

"For what is described to be (and seems to be) a brightly glowing object, it does not appear to reflect any light off the top of the Dome, which it hovers directly above," he said. "This is especially suspicious since the dome is gold-plated, and should be highly reflective."

Ben also pointed out that even though a handful of videos have surfaced, it's still strange that more haven't come to light. Jerusalem is a religious center flooded with tourists. Although this event apparently happened at 1 a.m., shouldn't there be dozens of videos and eyewitness accounts?

"For these and other reasons, in my opinion, it's almost certainly a hoax," he concluded.

Others have pointed out problems with the footage, including an anomalous amount of shudder in the background of a second video (indicating the scene has been tampered with/fabricated) and issues with the lights in a fourth video (plus a handy guide on how to add artificial shake to your faked UFO footage).

With the increasing sophistication of video editing software, it's very easy for hoaxers to create genuine-looking footage of strange lights in the sky.

In Feb. 2010, Discovery News Video Producer James Williams caught up with one of the masters of fake UFO videos, and it's not hard to see the parallels with this Jerusalem footage:

Although there appears to be several videos of the same UFO sighting, each seems to have very basic technical issues and anomalies that belie their faked origins.

DiscoveryNetworks(source)

Top 5 UFO Video Hoax Tips (DiscoveryNetworks)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I think you are referring to me and my location. Thanks a lot guy going with put downs now when I have been nothing but kind to you. Shows your true character I guess and other ATS members will see it. Just an FYI just because I am in ND doesn't make me a hillbilly as you put it.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by haketem

That site looks like a hebrew ATS like site correct?

Unfortunately, those posts read just like comment on youtube. How can we take those as creditable? Has any one of those been in contact with the news and given interviews? or have any one of them brought fourth a video, photo or some evidence to back up their claim?

lol @ excloud, I wasnt pointing anyone specific out, I was just stating in the open that I'm not going to debate with anyone who doesn't know. It would be like Albert Einstein debating with Picasso over E=mc2
edit on 4-2-2011 by DeboWilliams because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Everything this guy stated we have went over time and time again.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thank you! So if we went to that site, found those posts, and used google translator, it would pretty much be the same as your translation, correct?

Are there any news media clips in Jerusalem on this like local TV channels or something where they interview witnesses? Any tv station web sites there we can go to ??

Originally posted by haketem
Been around a few Hebrew sites, here are a few "witnesses" (I speak Hebrew, but when copying the text here been using Google Translate, but fixing where it's wrong. FYI)
www.tapuz.co.il...
User Rafi275 (רפי275)

I was in Jerusalem on the date in question with another 3 people saw the same thing just from somewhere else (we did not get to see the flash, but certainly the object red lights.)

To tell the truth
I did not believe in aliens
I'm religious and wrote here and the message just because my friend referred me here (after we saw the video)

People who wrote videos are fake:
If Photoshop is just a hobby, then that's fine.
But if this profession, I do not think you have a bright future ..... Don't let anyone hoax, it's real to report - c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y true.
I do not know if it is aliens or a new plane, I can assure you that the clips are real

After he was told that it they said in the news it was fake, and spoke to one of the uploaders, he said:

First
I do not care what the guy who uploaded the video said, and I do not care what they said in the news

I know what I and 2 friends we saw with our eyes (the same thing exactly, especially the red lights and white light before it went down [when it was down we did not see it because we were in a lower position compared to those who took the video])

Believe, don't believe I really do not care
Those who want to know we were in the park which is located between King George Street and Manasseh ben Israel

In my opinion it is some new unmanned aerial vehicle not tell us about it
That could be unleashed a kind of lighting bomb (white light) and the red lights of the drone.
Not everything is straight aliens aliens

Although there is no mention in the Bible aliens (does not say that exist and it doesn't say it doesn't) but probably not aliens

After people wrote of inconsistencies in the movement between the first videos and video #4 he said:

I wrote from the very beginning we have not seen this thing when he was close to the Golden Dome (at first he was very high in the sky and everyone saw)
It was also seen in the sky we saw what we saw, Say what you want
The red lights also seen
All Jerusalem talking about it and you think you invented the wheel here

In any case I think it's a secret tool of the IDF's no such thing as aliens and all that crap

Also, this is a site of one of the main newspapers in Israel, Maariv. Comment #143:
www.nrg.co.il...

I saw
fragile, 02/02/11 10:10
I saw the group of lights ... I thought I was seeing things because I was exhausted, I thought my eyes were tricking me, after reading yesterday and I saw the videos, I realized it was real - crazy ..

BTW - if someone missed it - here's a photo taken from the same place video #4 was taken - you can clearly see the city walls and domes - does it add info to the flash of light in vid #4?
www.treybarrow.com...
edit on 4-2-2011 by haketem because: BTW

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams
Is there anyone thats watching / following this thread KNOWS anything useful? I would like for some new people to chime in and discuss new angles that might be had. Anyone that are experts in any fields? I'm really not looking to hold debates with Billy bobs from the cattle ranch

Please stop with the attacks. All stated arguments against your own, hold up and are valid points. We do not need this type of mindset. You refuse to discuss any point that is against your own. You might not think they are valid...but to answer with an attack says way more about your self.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by haggisbingo

I am wondering the same I dont even know where to begin on this. Why does everyone assume people should go to the MSM! Why would anyone go to the MSM they are garbage.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Thanks for that, but I don't find that a very credible reason for not coming forward......most of the videos were taken quite some distance away from the "sensitive area" of the city.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams
You know what, you guys are something else. Whatever, I'll let the ignorant stay ignorant. Forgive me for lieing, making up stories, falsifying information, or whatever you guys want to say I did.

OMFG aliens over a temple at night time on the other side of the world, being COVERT yet chooses to appear AT NIGHT sporting a BRIGHT LIGHT.

Yea guys its real, aliens, woah.

Yall 3 clearly have nothing to include thats useful. I won't converse with you guys anymore, but I will discuss with others. Ya'll can't prove any points beside putting your fingers in your ears and say "LALALALA"

So I'll exit my conversation with you 3 by saying that yall's superior knowledge on physics, location based audio recording, photography, audio editing, clearly surpasses everyones, and this has been proven by your guys countless posts of evidence supporting your efforts to prove these are real

Bad Jacketing/Death by Association/Smear Campaign - by including the target idea/individual/movement along with another topic or personality that is disliked or discredited

Where did I say "OMFG aliens over a temple at night time on the other side of the world, being COVERT yet chooses to appear AT NIGHT sporting a BRIGHT LIGHT. "...?

Where did I say "Yea guys its real, aliens, woah."...?

I quite specifically have commented a few times saying that I am only trying to suggest that the subject is far from 'case closed'. I haven't claimed superior knowledge of anything except for 'exotic materials' in one particular instance. I don't claim to be an authority in materials science, but find one and he'll back up the particular point I was making.

Debo - you seem to be turning tail, and yet trying to maintain the high ground? Why not sign up for a proper debating thread instead of just calling us names and telling us we're all useless?

You haven't offered the conclusive proof you keep shouting about, but you have succeeded in muddying the waters of this thread with near-constant sniping and baiting.

Open debate is encouraged, but nobody wants to step up... The loudest voices turn tail and exit with an air of feigned superiority. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

that is some of the worst deductive reasoning skills i've seen in a long time.

It's not big enough? lol

The light does reflect off the dome except for in the obviously fake video. (video in english)

He probably watched the english tourist hoax video.

Some expert.

edit: oh and those are terrible hoax tips in that last video.

edit on 2/4/2011 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by haggisbingo

If the whole of Israel is indeed talking about this, then surely there is some in depth tv news interviews going out on Israeli tv?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one
reply to post by Libertygal

Thanks for that, but I don't find that a very credible reason for not coming forward......most of the videos were taken quite some distance away from the "sensitive area" of the city.

That's ok, was just relating what I read in one of these threads, but do keep in mind, their laws and punishments are very strict, and one would not appreciate a run in with the IDF or other forces I would think. Especially since we have now named the first names of the kids.

There could be other reasons for hiding, they admitted to drinking, parents may not be so thrilled, they lied about where they were that night, or snuck out, etc.

Could be any host of reasons for the kids, the adults? I can't think of a reason, but I also cannot put it up totally to they resist coming forward, therefore it is a hoax. I would think one would be more skeptical if they turned into media whores and tried to sell things, so I guess it is a matter of ones personal perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join