It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Its difficult to say whether its a hoax however if there is web cam footage and other videos taken by different people then it points more to it being real.

This story has been picked up by several reputable news outlets which has baffled them.

So far, I've read 60 pages of thoughts and opinions on this thread as to whether the videos are real or fake. In my humble opinion, there are no video experts on this forum so to say the videos are definitely fake is wrong and misleading.

I'm sure a special FX expert will check the videos hopefully tell us all whether they are real or fake but as time goes by, more evidence is cropping up to suggest the videos are real.

If and when the videos are confirmed as real, the debate will move onto whether the glowing orb is ET or man-made craft. And then we'll see more 'experts' cropping up here telling us the orb is man-made!
edit on 4-2-2011 by planetzog because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by dezire

This is just a zoomed up edited version of the fourth video, with new audio.

Ah well..

link   
There is not a 5th video guys.. this is an examination of the FLASH on VID#4, same perspective just zoomed 3x or so, come on! I'm still loving VID 1, 2 and 4.

Lets toss this one guys. I would personally love there to be a fifth video.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pezza

Cool. Do you have an explanation of the reflection of the objects light on the Dome itself? This moves in sync with the object and to my eye is exactly how a light source would appear moving down a 3-dimensional semi-spherical surface.

Would you know how easy is it to replicate that effect with software? Because if it isn't real, to me that shows a stunning level of attention to detail.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yeah, I think you guys are right. Lame.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dezire
reply to post by soulfox

Sorry but that's not true. The dialogue is just way too genuine. I must say there is nothing at all hoaxy about any of these videos. How many more do we need to convince us that a genuine incident is occurring now? We used to be happy with a a black and white out of focus photo - Now we have 5 videos, 5 perspectives and 5 dialogues from 5 posters - yet we are still doubting?

please go and compare the frames of video 4 and this so called video 5. You will be able to conclude that it was filmed from the exact same location.....maybe the Israeli kids didnt see the US kids standing right next to them?.....or its the exact same footage
edit on 4-2-2011 by Quartza because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

reply to post by soulfox

Sorry but that's not true. The dialogue is just way too genuine. I must say there is nothing at all hoaxy about any of these videos. How many more do we need to convince us that a genuine incident is occurring now? We used to be happy with a a black and white out of focus photo - Now we have 5 videos, 5 perspectives and 5 dialogues from 5 posters - yet we are still doubting?

The lady (or man) doth protest too much, methinks.

Don't get sucked in..unless you want us to get sucked in?

edit on 4-2-2011 by dsm1664 because: 2nd line

edit on 4-2-2011 by dsm1664 because: because I am a man and can't multi-task setting up servers and posting to ATS at the sam time without making spelling miskensa

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
WebCam dude! please discredit that before you dismiss everything. Seems like it's being avoided for some reason..

Originally posted by soulfox
There is not a 5th video guys.. this is an examination of the FLASH on VID#4, same perspective just zoomed 3x or so, come on! I'm still loving VID 1, 2 and 4.

Lets toss this one guys. I would personally love there to be a fifth video.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by soulfox

okay, just analysed the footage in the youtube vid above. Virtually same radial dodge algorithm. The pixel pattern of the ufo in the frame where it vertically shoots up and appears like a white "streak" is pretty much the same as vid4.

Assuming a ccd sensor, this could mean one of two things

* the two cameras are identical or have identical sensors and equal exposure settings and image processing
* the streak is synthetic (added to the image)

Assuming a cmos sensor, this could mean one of two things

* equal exposure, equal shutter speed, some other things equal, possibly similar sensors as well.

I think the streak is added. I also think it was a ccd sensor taking the stock footage. i have done quite a lot of high speed scientific photography in my time, included capturing golf footage etc. I know a bit about how fast objects produce artefacts on these sensors too like "bowed" golf clubs. I can pretty much characterise the ccd sensor and deconvolute the correct image from the original footage.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by haggisbingo

FLysolo did an extensive study on webcams in Jerusalem.. it's floating about there page 22 or so, it was subsequently discredited i believe. you may want to double check.

I think there are more pressing points of interest to be honest. Just havn't thought of them yet.lol

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
reply to post by pezza

Cool. Do you have an explanation of the reflection of the objects light on the Dome itself? This moves in sync with the object and to my eye is exactly how a light source would appear moving down a 3-dimensional semi-spherical surface.

Would you know how easy is it to replicate that effect with software? Because if it isn't real, to me that shows a stunning level of attention to detail.

Yes the level of detail in #4 is quite high. I made a point, while back, about how its like photorealism oil paintings. Anyone can get the tools needed to create such pictures, but yet it takes so much skill and the eye for such little details to fool the eye. Take at look at theses oil pics ...they are quite good. It would take a master VFX artist to pull off #4

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Okay, I just wrote a long entry and the window crashed. Not doing that any more.

Let me throw out there some data:
First, the Web Cam from 02ws.com is located in "Givat Kanada" (Canada Hill) in the Gilo Neighborhood of Jerusalem, looking north.
In the Hebrew page he says it shows the "String Bridge", "City Center" "And more".
I've put on this map the three locations: Canada Hill, String bridge and city center:
goo.gl...
So we get a general direction of the camera.
Old city may or may not be in the shot, anyhow it's over 6km away and the dome itself cannot be seen, but Jerusalem's skyline can.
According to FlySolo, I think, there is a light at 12:57 on Jan 28th somewhere in the right area of the frame (Which is not seen anywhere earlier, except for Jan 26th). The webcam takes a snap once every 10 minutes, and would only be possible to pick up by the weather station only if the object was flying high in the sky, and just at the right time it was taking a shot.

According to a post that was deleted, but still available in Google's cache, the original poster of the first video wrote in a forum (I'm putting the whole text, before it disappears from google's cache:

Hello i am eliyahu, the person who originally uploaded the jerusalem ufo video
youtube.com/user/eligael
Myself and my friend filmed in the early hours of saturday morning (between 1 and 5 past 1am to be exact) a shining huge orb like object which hovered for about 10 minutes, when we filmed it, it seemed to only about 30 seconds later descend above the temple mount where the western wall is on one side, the dome of the rock the other - both amongst the most sacred places in the world for islam and judaism, it hovered there for less than ten seconds before emitting a flash on the ground underneath, and shooting up directly at the speed of light. after this, there was a load of spinning red lights in the sky, flickering ferociously at each other, this lasted about 30 seconds.

Let me explain something to you, us israelies are not hoaxers, we are not lame people sitting in gardens with nothing better to do than film it. israelies are serious people, they are surrounded by countries full of regimes who want israel at a country destroyed, most israelies unless exempt, join the army for training at 17/18.. your picking the last country to have created a hoax from.

I am jewish israeli myself, born in jerusalem, but moved to the uk with family in the 1990s, i still go to israel once every couple of years.

If i can explain a couple of things about the video. number one - even though its a busy area with people there 24/7 it was stil 1am, hardly the time when anyone is still awake and alert to be filing something silent in the air with the huge western wall in front of them.
secondly this was early hours of the sabbath morning, most jews who would have been there would be religious jews who are stricly prophibited by their religion from driving cars using fones etc on their sabbath, so no its not like theyd be `tons of people there with camera ability)

On a very positive note my friend caught some really good footage of the same thing descending earlier, roughly about 25 minutes before we were filming, and he caught it spliting into three orbs and shooting up and down, but no flash that time. He hopes to be getting that uploaded and i will let you know when so.

This has been a very long introduction, and im happy to answer any questions plus you should know too israel is a huge hot spot for ufos, we get them all the time over military bases.

From
Google Cache

So according to him the object "hovered for about 10 minutes".
On the other hand there are many problematic issues with the above account he wrote - Such as the object hovering over the temple mount for less than 10 second (it was over 20), and that the whole thing was 30 seconds (his original video was over 2 minutes).
Also he says he shot it "Saturday morning", but uploaded the video on Friday Jan 28th. This might be something lost in translation, In Hebrew Shabbat(= Saturday) starts on Friday evening, so maybe he means The morning before Shabbat.
These in accuracies in the above description can lead to one of four conclusions:
1. It wasn't the original uploader who wrote this
2. The guy has no sense of time
3. If this was an elaborate hoax there wouldn't be such inaccuracies in the above report
4. Id this is a hoax why are there inaccuracies?

Also, I checked the facebook connection. The creator of video #1 became friends with the video #4 group only after the videos were published.

Finally, if it helps anyone - I found this still photo which I believe was taken from the same viewpoint video #4 was taken:
www.treybarrow.com...

Here is original video #4:
www.youtube.com...

And original video #1:
www.youtube.com...

And I believe @Ashtrei made this map of their locations:

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pezza
reply to post by soulfox

okay, just analysed the footage in the youtube vid above. Virtually same radial dodge algorithm. The pixel pattern of the ufo in the frame where it vertically shoots up and appears like a white "streak" is pretty much the same as vid4.

* the two cameras are identical or have identical sensors and equal exposure settings and image processing

* equal exposure, equal shutter speed, some other things equal, possibly similar sensors as well.

I think the streak is added. I also think it was a ccd sensor taking the stock footage. i have done quite a lot of high speed scientific photography in my time, included capturing golf footage etc. I know a bit about how fast objects produce artefacts on these sensors too like "bowed" golf clubs. I can pretty much characterise the ccd sensor and deconvolute the correct image from the original footage.

Your saying in your opinion that the fourth (and therefore the 5th) video is a FAKE! Interesting, keep going my friend, you sound informed.

With the quality of video capturing device in VID#4, do you think it could even capture the streak if we take into acount how fast the object must have moved? In other words could a mobile phone record the neccessary frame rate to catch an object move so fast.. If not, does this suggests post processing?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EBE01

I don't doubt that all religions share a common source, but I do doubt that they will ever be unified, for obvious and simple reasons..

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Finally a 5 video we need 2 to more make 7 videos and that is the seven sign.

and we would know who's temple it is, the Jews, the Christian or the Islam

2 more video and I will believe.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
reply to post by pezza

yeh, the dodge algorithm follows the object centre. It looks like the objects light reflects off this surface but when you analyse the actual pixel data it is pretty consistent with a dodge algorithm. It is quite easy to be thrown off by the image itself. To be honest, i probably only looked at the image for a couple of mins yesterday then modified some old code to do the job, specifically looking for quantitative features in the numerical data that would convince me beyond doubt that the image is synthetic. Im reasonably comfortable that it is synthetic

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Brand new video guys. This is turning out to be a real incident! More videos to come no doubt!
Disclosure will be coming soon - this is too much for the powers to be to hide. 5 very good videos of an unearthly object is just the beginning!

edit on 4-2-2011 by dezire because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by dezire because: (no reason given)

Looks to me like video #4, with video #3 as role model (dubbing while shooting screen)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulfox

Originally posted by pezza
reply to post by soulfox

Your saying in your opinion that the fourth (and therefore the 5th) video is a FAKE! Interesting, keep going my friend, you sound informed.

With the quality of video capturing device in VID#4, do you think it could even capture the streak if we take into acount how fast the object must have moved? In other words could a mobile phone record the neccessary frame rate to catch an object move so fast.. If not, does this suggests post processing?

Vid4 is likely not to be a camera phone. Mainly due to the interlaced footage and low light performance

We need to nip this one quickly. There is no Vid5 only a copy of #4
edit on 4-2-2011 by Quartza because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by haketem

According to a post that was deleted, but still available in Google's cache, the original poster of the first video wrote in a forum (I'm putting the whole text, before it disappears from google's cache:

Hello i am eliyahu, the person who originally uploaded the jerusalem ufo video
youtube.com/user/eligael
Myself and my friend filmed in the early hours of saturday morning (between 1 and 5 past 1am to be exact) a shining huge orb like object which hovered for about 10 minutes...

This raises questions, surely there should be more than half a dozen witnesses if the object hovered for 10 minutes, even at 1am?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Thank you, thank you, thankyou for any re-examination of the webcam research. I do not believe this has been discredited. yet. FlySolo, where are you???? You need to give up your regular life again...
reply to post by haketem

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join