It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I agree. I also roll with a lot of talented young artist types- and when I see people pointing at these videos and saying "that's either real or BIG Hollywood", I end up shaking my head and thinking of how my friends easily manipulated film in a far greater way.

People forget that studios hire directly from these schools... in fact internship is part of the graduation program at my daughters college. There is such a shortage of animators, etc that they are usually guaranteed a job with really good pay

Being able to pull off a hoax that makes international news would be a nice perk in a resume

I work in "BIG Hollywood" I'd love to see some of the work you are refering to in which your friends easily manipulated film (or even video) in far greater ways.

Studios don't really hire from these schools unless they are making a student project. Most studios hire a Visual Effects Supervisor on a film who doles out the work to different visual effects houses according to the type of effect the diector of the film is looking for, and the budget he has to work with. If a studio, like Disney, is going to house a Visual Effects team full time you can bet they are the cream of the crop.

I will say that a company like George Lucus's Industrial Light and Magic may be impressed from work this good (if it is a hoax) but would most likely decline to hire for the dishonesty and any negative publicity it could cause.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Well,well,well, now isnt this A surprise,proof off UFO's over the Earth, arnt those who have debunked and called hoaxes videos posted on ATS. How silly do you feel now?

If these footages is not enough proof for you, then you really must be dellusional. Those whom have flammed other posters for placing footage of UFO's over this planet, and who have debunked each topic. Dont you think,it is about high time you apologised?

This has to be the most compelling proof of Alien Life as far as I am concerned. I for one am very excited by this footage.

Wow...

So those who see no evidence for thinking this is a hoax...are...delusional?

I see...

Anyways, thanks for your solid analysis.

MM

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Well,well,well, now isnt this A surprise,proof off UFO's over the Earth, arnt those who have debunked and called hoaxes videos posted on ATS. How silly do you feel now?

If these footages is not enough proof for you, then you really must be dellusional. Those whom have flammed other posters for placing footage of UFO's over this planet, and who have debunked each topic. Dont you think,it is about high time you apologised?

This has to be the most compelling proof of Alien Life as far as I am concerned. I for one am very excited by this footage.

Wow...

So those who see no evidence for thinking this is a hoax...are...delusional?

I see...

Anyways, thanks for your solid analysis.

MM

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The motion blur on interlaced footage is still getting me more than anything else. I don't think anyone has been able to explain how that could be possible. The silence with this aspect is almost damning.

And I'm disturbed at the way this has got so many people obsessed at the exact same time that Egypt is kicking off so badly, almost as if it's diverted the attention of a huge amount of people that could be looking into the situation over there and helping raise awareness of what's going on. How many people that research conspiracies around the world are there spending time on this and not Egypt right now? (and there's a massive march planned today. If this ousts Mubarak then it's revealed from somewhere shortly after that this has been a hoax/viral, I'll be even more suspicious.)

Then you have audio problems, and the way the people are speaking in the video that seems suspect.

And another thing : in the 1st video, the kid in front also recording what's happening is really close the being in the way when the UFO descends, but the recorder doesn't even move. Wouldn't it be kind of natural to get closer incase the UFO moved to the right and the other kid was in the way? This is something that if real, the recorder is probably never going to see again, so why risk that? And wouldn't it also be natural for the recorder to get closer and move up to the wall too?

The clip almost seems designed to clearly show that there's another person recording, so that it's instantly clear where another one of the clips came from. And like has been said : why is his phone lit up at all? If it's on record the whole screen would be dark as it recorded the sky, but it's clearly not.

So with all that, stuff it, I'm thinking hoax, and also a distraction from other things happening in the world right now. But I'm not shutting out the chance that it could somehow be real, despite all those odds, and won't be giving people stick if they think it's real. I can understand some people like Debo being annoyed at this though, especially if they've been researching for a long time and see this as being a distraction.

Time to go back and see what's happening in Egypt.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

link   
double posted for some reason.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

link   
Looks like the Ozzy media is now jumping on the band wagon so its heads down and hide for most serious UFO buffs as its going to end up embarrassing as usual.

All due to youtube hits and thats all that counts these days be it a hoax or not

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by DeboWilliams

Debo! I think you are right! I confirmed your findings.

The guy holding the camera for video 2 should be louder in his own video! Yet his voice in his own video is the same volume as is found in video 1 which was further away.... HA!

edit on 3-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Yes, his analysis is very interesting.

I'd say almost the smoking gun, possibly "THE smoking gun".

But so far, I see few people taking the time to watch Debo's clip or grasp what he is actually showing.

Again, I have worked with sound 25+ years, worked in analog and digital formats, had first hand interaction with thousands of microphones of all calibers.

Debo's case is pretty solid and I find it hard to find holes in it once you listen t his case and understand what he exactly pointing out to you clearly.

Nw, right now I'm climbing the mountain that is this thread, and I'm only on page 32, so I don't know if anyone is giving credit to Debo yet near the end of this thread. I'll see when I get there.

But yeah, glad you watched it and got it. I agree, pretty solid arguments.

MM

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
here's a guy on utube that made a logical analysis of the ufo hoax and explains how it's a hoax. You guys need to accept this is a simple effect, it's really easy

edit on 4-2-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by DeboWilliams

Debo! I think you are right! I confirmed your findings.

The guy holding the camera for video 2 should be louder in his own video! Yet his voice in his own video is the same volume as is found in video 1 which was further away.... HA!

edit on 3-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Yes, his analysis is very interesting.

I'd say almost the smoking gun, possibly "THE smoking gun".

But so far, I see few people taking the time to watch Debo's clip or grasp what he is actually showing.

Again, I have worked with sound 25+ years, worked in analog and digital formats, had first hand interaction with thousands of microphones of all calibers.

Debo's case is pretty solid and I find it hard to find holes in it once you listen t his case and understand what he exactly pointing out to you clearly.

Nw, right now I'm climbing the mountain that is this thread, and I'm only on page 32, so I don't know if anyone is giving credit to Debo yet near the end of this thread. I'll see when I get there.

But yeah, glad you watched it and got it. I agree, pretty solid arguments.

MM

link   

Originally posted by laymanskeptic

Originally posted by zerotensor
reply to post by laymanskeptic

Not so fast... The effect you point-out could be due to the fact that the lights on the ground are flickering, as the high-intensity discharge lamps in almost all streetlights do. I have often noticed that the blurs of streetlights captured by a moving progressive-frame camera display exactly this sort of "dotted-line" appearance when blurred due to camera motion.

Here's a crop of a video-still created by taking my 720p camera outside and shaking it around while pointing it towards a streetlight.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e514eb500087.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is an example of progressive scan appearing interlaced. I don't see noticable trickery in parrallax in all 3 videos and even if there were something wierd I would tend to think it was the UFOs affecting the sensor in the camera.

To me these videos stand as VALID until someone debunks the weather camera footage. You have a blue light in the right place at the right time owned by a weather station that corroborates these video's.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidbiedny

Outside of determining the precise provenance, and doing some actual analysis work on the original video data, not the compressed Youtube files, I'd say this is a hot one.

I think there's something here. I don't think the three compelling videos will be debunked. You can quote me on that... but I always reserve the right to be wrong.

Obviously your opinion on the film holds a lot more weight than just about everyone else on here and as such I am intrigued that you believe there may be something here.

Is it possible for the uncompressed footage to be requested ?

Are you stating that none of the audio and film artefact issues raised to date are valid (or at least not substantive enough to be definitive) ?

Personally too many warning signs, on YT first, no corroborating witness reports (yet), footage of someone else filming the object and that footage also - too good to be true, the location itself. That's aside from the "expert" AV issues raised by others and having no knowledge in this area myself would welcome your response to the specific issues raised (in layman's terms with a bit of explanation rather than just a statement).

I know it's a lot to ask but from your post it seems there is a possibility that this could be an important event.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashtrei
and it did feature in israeli news both on TV and web papers, all have been posted here

yeah I love the way MSM is about two days behind ATS these days
But the flash, bright enough from a distance... it would have been daylight beneath it... considering the way it 'lit up' the dome.

There is no way that would not have cause a stir IMO

Ok lets go at this from a new tangent, how often do you think, people who see a genuine lightning flash as they lay in bed at night, phone their local department of defense and say "i just saw a flash of light, it must be a UFO, scramble the jets" ?

When was the last time you saw a flash of lightning and phoned the cops ?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Here's the thing. A video appears on UTube, yet with all the people in Jerusalem there are no other reports on the news etc. I mean video can't be faked right? and everything on Utube is real right! Ha ha ha.

So most imagine UFO to mean aliens right? So are they now converting to Islam? Ha ha ha

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

and it did feature in israeli news both on TV and web papers, all have been posted here

Original piece here:
www.mako.co.il...
edit on 4-2-2011 by haketem because: (no reason given)

link   
Here is a sequence of 10 stills I captured from a download of the 4th video from Youtube (the 720p version)

www.facebook.com...

I don't think this particular video is going to be debunked, folks. Looks quite real to me.

dB
edit on 4-2-2011 by davidbiedny because: (no reason given)

link   
It's all a hoax, you can superimpose video over top of video, you can interlace a video clip over and into another video clip.

Adobe After Effects, 3D Studio, Maya, many other video editing software can do this... Proves nothing at all.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Ohh a link. Lights over jeruslam and thousands of individuals in Egypt deciding they want soemthing else. Wow that link is about as clear as BP's leak in the gulf and a new solar flare. Man these people must see all sorts of things in their sleep. Sorry, but too muchj processed food must be making humans paranoid or something.

The aliens are coming, the aliens are coming......

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidbiedny
Folks,

Looking at the 4th video, knowing the 3rd one is bogus, I'd go so far as to say you're seeing some of the best genuine UFO footage shot in recent memory. I'm kind of stunned that there was so much discussion on here about the stabilized footage, a basic understanding of parallax tells you the obvious, and this fourth video is nothing short of stunning. I'd love to be in Israel tracking down primary witnesses - I suspect that others saw this thing besides the sources of the videos. Outside of determining the precise provenance, and doing some actual analysis work on the original video data, not the compressed Youtube files, I'd say this is a hot one.

I think there's something here. I don't think the three compelling videos will be debunked. You can quote me on that... but I always reserve the right to be wrong.

I'm saddened by the fact that nutjobs like Webre are putting out nonsense on the event, it deserves some serious, sober journalism. The primary prerequisite is that the investigation needs to happen in Israel proper.

David Biedny

P.S. Mr. Mask, thanks for reopening the topic.
edit on 4-2-2011 by davidbiedny
edit on 4-2-2011 by davidbiedny because: (no reason given)

Thanks Dave,
finally a real expert weighs in

Mr Biednys expertise in this field is un questionable, he has had many many years of experience and has seen a UFO himself while on holiday in south america, witnessed by many others.

He is ruthless where the one armed bandit from switzerland is concerned, and made mincemeat of the drone fiasco, using solid arguments that made sense and stood as "proof" of a hoax.

He would be the first person to call BS on this if thats what he saw, His opinion is that of one of, if not the worlds leading expert in this field.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Ashtrei because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Ok lets go at this from a new tangent, how often do you think, people who see a genuine lightning flash as they lay in bed at night, phone their local department of defense and say "i just saw a flash of light, it must be a UFO, scramble the jets" ?

They are in the middle of a war zone... they would not be thinking UFO but attack from a neighbor. THAT is the point. And as was stated A bright flash like that would have political value. Surely you don't think that people in the region would not notice a bright flash that lights up the streets on a CLEAR night and at least look UP at which point they would see this big bright ball hovering just before it took off?

When was the last time you saw a flash of lightning and phoned the cops ?

In Toronto a few years back there was a thunderstorm in the distance over the Nuke plant 50 miles away. Storm was intense and looked weird. HUNDREDS of people called in thinking the plant had just exploded

Here in Las Vegas when people look west at sunset and see the bright trail of a Vandenberg launch (over 400 miles away) the news rooms get many calls every time.

Look I know you really want this one to be real... but there are just too many things wrong with the whole scenario. Nothing I say is likely to change anyone's mind. When I first saw #1 I thought it was a good one to look at. But the fact that the actual people who took these videos refuse to come forward and testify screams hoax.

And if it is real, a glowing blob of plasma that is curious and playful, it would be a 'Critter' not an alien spacecraft anyway

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The kids being amateur filmmakers actually gives them an alibi to why they were filming in the car in the first place. I am sure this will turn out to be 100% a hoax however the reflection and tracking of the reflection on the dome and surrounding area for me is the only element that offers a glimmer of hope that it could have been real. Although I am sure a very clever filemaker could frame by frame paint the flash on the buildings to exactly correspond to the ufos position. I would like to see an example of cgi reflections that would put this to bed for me.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join