It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I've been following the Jerusalem UFO story with interest since it was first posted, and it's the reason I've finally come around to making this account:

My view is that all four videos are fakes.

I don't believe you could ever prove this using the video and audio alone. As many posters have pointed out, it's easy to create supposed UFO sightings using audio/visual software. But that cuts both ways - the better a/v editing suites become, it becomes harder to prove that anything on video is real at all. You could film a plane in the air, and we could debate for days about wether or not the plane is really there, or if it was put into the video after the event.

So to determine the veracity of a video, I think we need to look at the circumstances around the video, and the impact of it beyond just what's shown in the footage.

Let's assume this really did happen - a ball of light slowly descends above the Temple on the Mount, hovers, lets off a flash of light, and then swiftly gains altitude to apparently join a large cluster of blinking red lights. Irrespective of who films it, from where, what they say, or what they're doing while they film it, what else should happen?

1. So far, only four videos have come to light. This, from a city of 780,200 residents, with a metropolitan population of over 1 million, and a population density 6183 per square kilometer. Even though the video was taken late at night, we can surely assume a percentage of those people would have been awake. There are 7.8 million cellular phones in Israel, roughly equivalent to the Israeli population, so we can assume that a proportion of residents of Jerusalem would be in possession of a cell phone. Cell phone ownership statistics for Israel are from 2005, so we can assume growth since then as well. Since 2005, of the 600+ makes and models of cellphone available on the CDMA and 3G networks used in Israel, just 100 do not have inbuilt cameras. Therefore the chance of only 4 people witnessing the Jerusalem UFO event and having a camera is improbable.

2. So lets assume, as believers in this UFO do, that out of 780,200 residents, only 4 were looking at the Temple on the Mount at that moment. It's not improbable that ambient light pollution in the city of Jerusalem would have prohibited much of the city from really seeing the UFO in full detail anyway.Who would have been able to see it? From the videos that the UFO community are accepting as possibly being legitimate, we can see the that 'object' doesn't really hover exactly over the Temple, but around, and to the west of it. It's safe to assume therefore that it would have been visible from the ground around the Temple. It's unlikely any worshipers would have been allowed on the site at that time at night - but there is a 24/7 security presence around the Temple. Before anyone jumps in and claims the 'PTB' would have swooped to silence them, Israel only provides security around the perimeter of the Temple on the Mount with internal security being provided by private contractors approved by the 'Wagf', the Trust that manages access to the mount after its responsibility was shifted to Muslims by the Israeli Government. If a bright light hovered above the Mount in the way the images depicted, they would have released their own security camera footage, guaranteed, for religious and political reasons. Obviously, for Muslims, the significance of the light would be huge. And politically, they'd be hoping to embarass the Israeli Government, perhaps accusing them of deploying a spy drone or other secret technology.

* As an aside, it's interesting to note that if the videos were genuine, the people filming them were actually committing a crime. The Israeli Ministry for Public Security has banned surveilance being carried out on the Temple on National Security grounds - there have been two arrests in the last 12 months by the Shin Bet of far Right Wing radical Jewish organisations who've attempted to carry out terror attacks there.

3. Finally, let's assume that only 4 people saw and filmed it, the Temple on the Mount security were asleep or sharing a hookah or something, and that everthing described is real - Israel has some of the most secure air space in the world. Here's why:

Post 9/11, Israel, although they have the tightest air port security any where, have expressed little security concern over the threat of hijacked planes being crashed into their civilian centres. The biggest threat to Israeli airspace remains incursion from one of the many Air capable enemies of the Jewish State.

The primary threat to Israeli from the air comes from Russian made Mig 29s and Su 42s in the possession of Egypt, Turkey, Iran, Syria and Jordan. Both planes are capable of crossing Israeli air space from the Jordan River to the Mediterannean in just 4 minutes. The Israeli Air Force is trained to respond to such an incursion in under 3 minutes, leaving just 1 minute to successfully intercept and destroy enemy air craft. As a result of having the most difficult to secure air space in the region, the Israeli Air Force keeps fully fueled F16 fighters on stand by 24 hours a day, and usually has one or more patrols of air craft in the air, for just such an occurance.

If an object like the one depicted in the videos really was hovering above the Temple, it's simply incredible to believe F16s would not have been scrambled to intercept it.

If extraterrestrials, extradimensional entities or what not really did have the ability to obscure their presence from modern radar completely, wouldn't they also have the technology to obscure themselves from the naked eye? And although many air-based close encounters have described radar malfunction, many others, such as the Iranian incident in the 80s described acheiving ground control radar locks, with only missile lock by interceptors being impossible. In no incident has any pilot ever described losing a visual lock for any reason other than the speed of the UFO.

If an F16 Fighter descended to the altitude required to acheive a visual lock on this kind of brightly glowing target, it would be perhaps not visible, but definetly audible on the footage.

I just don't believe that such an incident as this could happen without the IDF noticing, and scrambling jets.

To assume this video is real requires a complete suspension of disbelief.
edit on 3-2-2011 by ZetaA because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashtrei
reply to post by believerofgod

Dont forget the alcohol aspect either, watching the car vid and going on body language alone i see one guy begging the driver to stop so he can have a pee, the driver gestures with his hands and you can see there is no place to stop, so eventually our chap with the watering eyes gets let out, later according to the translation someone asks did we drink too much ?
there is little or no shake in the car because the camera man is sitting down, but later hes out of the car.
If hes been drinking too and its cold he may well have reason to shake, if youve ever been really tanked on a cold night youd know it can cause intense shivering
edit on 3-2-2011 by Ashtrei because: (no reason given)

Yup, I posted that on a reply to giftofprophecy on the old thread, I brought it up because he kept insisting that the camera shakes were not "real". I mentioned that if it were cold outside like it was over there and you had quite a bit to drink how hard it would be to hold a camera still. Good job noticing, not many have like you and I and the others that have as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012

Hoaxkiller one tried to define the horizon using a horizon that was not defined and or out of focus.
As you can see there is no way you can accurately put a line over the horizon and use it as a perspective to then attempt to compare it to an already blurry overpixelated leading wall ledge. This whole parallax study was flawed from the get go.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Paradigm2012 because: (no reason given)

Just to clear this up for you.

You do not need clarity to prove parallax is broken.

You can actually do it with only "one pixel" of the foreground and "one pixel".

You don't need an entire horizon line, nor a crisp foreground. You only need one pixel observable from both the foreground and the background, and then to observe that at many many times in the video, they do not obey each other's direction of movement due to the indisputable "laws of perspective".

It is that simple.

Nothing in the foreground, defined or not, can move in the opposite direction then the background's movement demands it must due to the laws that govern all 3 dimensional space.

MM

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by Ashtrei

But it would translate as, 'numbered, numbered, numbered, weighed and divided'.

= counted, judged, and chosen.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Jaylemite
- Eligael recently became friends on Facebook with 3 names that appear in the movie: Yuli, Dor, Michael.
- The 3 of them are 12th graders in Nes Tziona (outside Jerusalem), and go to Ben Gurion High School where they 'major' in Communications (usually includes filmmaking).
- Here is an end-of-semester movie from the 2010 school year, and the photographer is listed as the same Dor who drives the car and then films the incident.
- Michael wrote on Eligael's youtube page 4 days ago saying they need to get in touch.

So... amateur film makers making a UFO video that goes nuts internationally? Nah they wouldn't gain anything from that...

Thats a significant find, well done

If all 4 eli , yuli ,dor and michael went to the same school that would scream hoax to me.
Its conceivable that 3 school friends might capture a ufo on film though

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
It seems nobody cares about this sighting. No news about it in the Israeli media anywhere of something that should have been picked up by hundreds.

Considering the state of alert in Israel with middle east tensions.. your right.. makes no sense at all, especially since a few weeks ago they took out a balloon with a missile

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i can't read all fourty six pages so i apologize if im repeating anything...all i can say is that if this is real there is no way of truly understanding whats this is and how it operates....eveyone is trying thier best to explain this as real or as a hoax using only our understanding of the universe or reality.. we as a species really dont know anything...trying to prove this a hoax by pointing out lgiht diffrences in the image is really kind of silly...Its like this....we have our periodic table of elements right...now science argues that the universe is composed of only these elements...when in all reality we only have this little rock we call earth to work from when in reality we have a universe full of possibilities....the universe could be home to millions of elemnts still undiscovered by man.... My point is that we are trying to explain this with only our limited understanding....I dont think we can say forsure this is real or fake untill the person who faked it admits it...I for one and comfortable with saying i don't know...why can't anyone else....how is it that any person can claim to really know? ..what we once thought to be real and concrete can be blwon apart in a matter of minutes...it makes me think of the very recent disocvery that proved that phosphorus and carbon do not have to be the basic builing blocks for life....this discovery alone has us re writing our biology nots from the last 200 years... cmon now people...cant you admit that you just dont know...cool video all in all....i hope its real but i dont know

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sqorpius
If these videos are not real, is this the first time that multiple UFO videos from different vantage points ( of the same event) have been faked? I have seen many bogus UFO videos before, but I can't recall a particular event that has generated this number of "faked" videos. If true, I guess this is a new trend in Ufology.

Turkey UFO comes to mind

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaA

Your points are validly noted. Good first post man. I still only call one video a hoax, but you do make some good points.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Hoaxkiller one tried to define the horizon using a horizon that was not defined and or out of focus.
As you can see there is no way you can accurately put a line over the horizon and use it as a perspective to then attempt to compare it to an already blurry overpixelated leading wall ledge. This whole parallax study was flawed from the get go.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Paradigm2012 because: (no reason given)

Just to clear this up for you.

You do not need clarity to prove parallax is broken.

You can actually do it with only "one pixel" of the foreground and "one pixel".

You don't need an entire horizon line, nor a crisp foreground. You only need one pixel observable from both the foreground and the background, and then to observe that at many many times in the video, they do not obey each other's direction of movement due to the indisputable "laws of perspective".

It is that simple.

Nothing in the foreground, defined or not, can move in the opposite direction then the background's movement demands it must due to the laws that govern all 3 dimensional space.

MM

Yeah but you were also sure it was "the exact same wall" in vids 1/2 and 4, but ive shown that one was a flat wall the other curved
How do i know you are right about this ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams

This should put things into perspective. What was shown or seen in the webcam isnt the same as these videos, BECAUSE IT DIDNT ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

It's fake people, get over it and move on, seriously.
edit on 3-2-2011 by DeboWilliams because: (no reason given)

Like I said in the last thread, Debo's analysis is very hard hitting.

And his new vide here proves it further.

I have also worked intimately with sound editing for over 2 decades, and can only say he has a great ear and caught some really interesting bits of evidence here.

If you have not listened to this clip provided by Debo- I ask you to g and do so. If you can argue that his analysis is irrelevant or shows nothing interesting- then you have done one of three things-

1) Missed his point or overlooked it entirely.

2) Failed to understand sound and what it must do between two microphones separated by real distance.

3) Ignored his findings out of dishonesty or misjudgment.

Fact remains- he shows without a doubt, with very simple logic that there was editing involved with the sound and that both clips one and two contain the same track but are altered manually.

This is a smoking gun and easy to understand if you allow yourself to listen.

MM

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hello Dear ATS

Another thought.
In Jerusalem there is one of the best art schools in the world. It's called Bezalel.
Here is their animation program:

www.bezalel.ac.il...

There is a good chance this is a school project. Maybe we'll mail the prof and ask him if he recognizes faces.

Cheers
arit (bemecollective)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaylemite
- Eligael recently became friends on Facebook with 3 names that appear in the movie: Yuli, Dor, Michael.
- The 3 of them are 12th graders in Nes Tziona (outside Jerusalem), and go to Ben Gurion High School where they 'major' in Communications (usually includes filmmaking).
- Here is an end-of-semester movie from the 2010 school year, and the photographer is listed as the same Dor who drives the car and then films the incident.
- Michael wrote on Eligael's youtube page 4 days ago saying they need to get in touch.

So... amateur film makers making a UFO video that goes nuts internationally? Nah they wouldn't gain anything from that...

That video appears to be a drunk driving PSA(most HS students in the media dept put these videos together for the school, I did..) Thats funny...it was stated that in the long cut of #4 they talking about drinking too much and having to pee.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Quartza because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

That video shows me without a doubt that the sound waves look very different from both videos.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
It seems nobody cares about this sighting. No news about it in the Israeli media anywhere of something that should have been picked up by hundreds.

Considering the state of alert in Israel with middle east tensions.. your right.. makes no sense at all, especially since a few weeks ago they took out a balloon with a missile

well...... the vids in question are short less than 2 mins, its 1am , if it didnt show up on radar , the first the military might have known was when the vids were posted on YT. And by then this chook had flown the coop

and it did feature in israeli news both on TV and web papers, all have been posted here

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
reply to post by Mr Mask

That video shows me without a doubt that the sound waves look very different from both videos.

i agree the volume might be the same, but thats not beyond reasonable, i cant see that the specific "envelopes" match

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Still waiting for evidence of a HOAX. But you seem unable to provide it.

I've seen plenty of people show you damning evidence.

And continued to ignore it or say it is not evidence of anything.

Then I went and researched your posting history on ATS.

It appears you like to type in caps a lot, insult others, and offer little or no insight other then irrelevant exclamations often attached to subjects or points not even remotely related to the subject at hand.

In other words sir- I do not see you as a team player, nr do I see you offering anything important or helpful in the way of proving or disproving these clips.

Just insult and nonsense often in the capital case form.

Not impressed.

MM

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There should really be an annual award for best hoax or something. Quality work. The sad thing is when you do something like this you fuel the fire for every UFO video to be ruled a fake as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hasn't anyone asked the photographer to submit his unedited original footage on the forums yet?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

AHAHA, good one lol

@ExCloud its funny you have time to post, but can't take 2 minutes to just prove me wrong. Hilarious.

I think your getting the guys mixed up

Guy A is the person who filmed video 1
Guy B is the guy shown in video 1 that is holding the cellphone, recording his own video.

Guy B is the same volume in his video (hes 1 foot away) as he is in Guy A video (his back is to him, and hes 10 feet away)

So your seriously saying, that in BOTH videos, even with the distance, even with the fact that hes not even speaking in the same direction (mind you lets not even get into the fact that they are outside and theres nothing for the sound to reflect strongly backwards on), that his volume level will stay the same in both videos? Your smoking some good stuff
edit on 3-2-2011 by DeboWilliams because: (no reason given)

correct me if i'm wrong . . . but the audio track is NOT exactly the same; you can see the levels are slightly different.

one guy is louder than the other in both videos.

it could be that simple.

you have no idea where the microphones are located on their cameras or how well the microphones pick up various decibel levels.

you are drawing a conclusion with out all your facts.

that's poor investigating.

should it raise eyebrows?

yes.

is it proof that the audio is fake?

certainly not.

unless the audio file is absolutely identical, your "proof" is not proof at all and merely speculation.
edit on 2/3/2011 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join