It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
By the way, that link I just shared because I just came across it. I've been reading this thread for a while. My first post is back a few pages - I offered up way more stuff than that link.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sheesh, guys, there's no reason to argue. People have their own biases that they'll always try to defend. The fact that someone thought I just found that link and joined here with like great news just proves my point. You're jumping to conclusions. That's just something that happened as I was reading the thread - I was only sharing it nonchalantly.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

And yet even though the story you are bringing forward can't be proven to exist, the ideas you remember from it are shown to you on a Google search as well as being here on ATS, and yet you are still calling those supplying evidence to your end people who don't believe in conspiracies.

I think I alone have shown you that the concepts you speak of are still in existence and being discussed even though the post you cited doesn't exist any more (if ever). Is that worthless or would you rather hear me mumble something about UFOs whilst I suk you off?

-m0r

(Suk meaning believe in Thai sub-dialect 'Surin' - watch your culture values before getting all nansy!)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Must be a famous topic.

Actually, ATS is the only non-mainstream source listed (in position #5) on the first page of Google search returns on "Jerusalem UFO."

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Mr Mask

I don't know what else to tell you.
They can't all be hoaxes.

-------------------------
I guess we can agree to disagree.

Since I respect your long history here...please don't take this in a sarcastic tone.

But really, why can't they all be hoaxes? The first clip was 100% proven and shown to be a hoax using mirrored tiling on the sides, showing they edited the video in a digital editing program to hide fake shake added artifically to the clip.

The clip's background is a still image easily found online. In fact, if you go to "google" and image search the words "Jerusalem night" it is the first clip to show up.

Now, the first clip was proven to be a hoax. Meaning, the FIRST introduction into this story was proven to be digitally created...faked.

The second clip is simply a recreation of clip one, and admitted (by the hoaxer of clip one) to be the footage taken by the guy standing in the first clip.

Now...clip three was proven days ago to be the second most popular pic when searching for "Temple Mount Night" and the actual wikipedia image used on the wiki for Temple Mount.

Now thats clips 1-3 knocked out.

So...clip four, as you can plainly see, is also proven fake.

Why CAN THIS NOT be all fake? Nobody reports this...no witnesses...all clips have discrepenisies that can't be ignored once weighed and looked at with logic and software that both prove a hoax in each case.

To top it ALL OFF, the story is connected to a known hoaxer who is famous for what?

Making CGI fake UFO clips. Its what he does. He also speaks Hebrew...and now he claimes he has access to interviewing these "Clip makers". Odd...no?

Look, I'm all for "UFOs are real"...I know they are...but crap like this damages that case incredibly, and does nothing more then make a mockery out of everyone who says "UFOs are real".

These videos are made by NOTHING MORE than dishonest slobs making a fool out of anyone they can just to get attention and money. Plain ands simple.

And this is an attack on anyone who takes UFOs seriously.

Stop supporting this vids people..stand up for truth and REAL EVIDENCE of UFOs (something there is much of). These vids are criminal and the makers should be sued by ANYONE who thought they were real for even a second.

MM

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Actually, ATS is the only non-mainstream source

Depends on your idea of what mainstream means. Is Fox mainstream?

-m0r

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
also taking down an ATS thread would have strong backlash and bring attention to it more, while taking down a new blog post that JUST came out...wouldn't

I don't think it was taken down by the government. Haha. I'm just saying, if YOU'RE going to start speculating and pretending you know everything, I can play that game, too.

And I totally agree - we shouldn't give hoaxers any more attention..

Still, it's just as much a fault of the skeptics as the "believers" that there is so much confusion here. Both sides should look at everything as objectively as possible, and weigh every new piece of evidence/info.

Thanks for that summary, by the way! I honestly didn't know if all the videos had been debunked or not. Unless we're 100% sure though that all videos are faked, it's really arrogant to say that you know they're all fake. Because what if a real one was leaked earlier than we realize, and the government reacted earlier than we realize? All we can do is speculate unless we have 100% proof from unbiased analysis that all videos are hoaxes. I wish I understood video editing more. : (

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I fully understand that even the MSM has had its eye on this site for this subject, it is the reason I'm fighting my paranoia with every new member who joins today.

But I can't shake, honestly, the weird feeling I get when I see tons of "just signed accounts" come in here with no problem posting links and vids, with many of them leading to sources that I think benefit from this hoax.

But I get what you mean, and for that reason I have been careful with each new member.

But the ones that come in blindly saying no proof has been displayed, or that there is no evidence showing possible hoax...and continue to do so without even "considering the evidence at hand"-

Kind a weird.

So my apologies to the new members who are "not" here to promote this hoax knowingly by lying. I know many of you are really just honest interested folks who found this site through popular internet searches.

But I also know some of you are not.

MM

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
And I'm sorry, I'm not jumping to conclusions...but I do think it's odd that TWO times this week, web sites I've tried to look at for info have either disappeared or stopped working (the Jerusalem web cams and now this blog post). It's definitely odd, and it is something I notice as a logical human being. If it happens again, haha, I'll be really curious!

By the way, how come no one can find a local conversation going on from people in the area talking about how they DIDNT see the UFO? I still find THAT odd. Like if there was a much talked about UFO sighting in Austin, and it was a hoax, and I was in the area at the time of the sighting...I'd be tweeting ! haha

I'm telling you, there are odd things about this story. And if people are hanging on to those oddities hoping for some kind of Alien Smoking Gun, that's what they're doing. But to act like they're just being stupid is...well...stupid.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ok I can't see your tile thing, I even used photoshop on the originals, but I honestly think that you all have done great work trying to debunk this. The problem I have is that after your so called debunks, people retort with good examples of how it could be real.

You debunkers have not proven any of that wrong. You have hardly even recognised it. Its like as though, you are working as hard as you can against it. Thats ok, because you firmly believe its fake.

To me it also seems a little suspicious. Your unwillingness to even address these issues, is making me lean toward the fact of you being Disinfo Agents. One thing thats helps this in my mind is many of the debunkers. claim these videos are fake yet, the Utah videos are real. Unknown Soldier for example. (look at this guys name and tell me he is not here for any "Disinfo" Missions.)

The Utah footage to me seems to be really bad. I would think it highly more likely that someone could recreate that footage. Its not real good at all. I guess bad footage is not as easy to debunk.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

Thing is believing begets scepticism.

Scepticism also begets scepticism.

Only one of these things will win.

That's right scepticism; believe in it or not - that's your champion.

So whilst some people can put forward proof of their ideas of what it is, others will keep at it until the actual truth of the matter, as best as can befit, will arise.

The same can't be said for belief. In fact - belief is nothing short of signs of slavery.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Which brings up an important point, and one we may wish to consider for such a widely-covered event such as this.

The last time we had a UFO event in the mainstream media bring attention to ATS, we did our best to create a summary post showing all the hoaxed aspects of the O'Hare UFO. Admittedly, that was most likely a real event as we have the opposite of what we see here -- lots of eye witnesses, and only one image (out of dozens) that hasn't been thoroughly debunked. Then we promoted that post on the site home page.

To Mr. Mask and our other active champions of invalidation in this thread, is this something we should do on this topic as well? While the opening post is very good, this thread is fully-seasoned throughout with additional and compelling evidence for hoax.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

What's the point of your "conspiracy in Jerusalem"?
Tourism in Jerusalem?
It would be helpful if a few of the "actors?" would come forward and admit it was all an orchestrated
event.
Where are the people in these videos? They can't hide forever.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think it was the media's immediate labeling of it all as hoax because of the 1 obvious photo - even before those more compelling video analysis came out - that really made me suspicious. The media didn't even mention how the obvious hoax video was so different than the rest. Why not MENTION that? It's like the first thing I noticed.

There's been a very passionate effort to put the videos in that "hoax" category from the very beginning that struck me as pretty odd compared to how other sightings are handled. Doesn't mean it's NOT a hoax, but the more convicted some people seem about it being a hoax, the more suspicious I am. Especially since we're having to rely on heavy video analysis to debunk anything but the photo one.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'd love to see a thorough wrap up of everything - not with a conclusion - just here's all that we know and have on file. From the @THEJersualemUFO twitter account to the debunking, etc.

It's odd that no one's come out about this...if it's a hoax or not. No one's even saying I was in the area and didn't see the UFO! Why is no one searching Hebrew sites for this info? I've tried to but haven't come up with anything.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
as mentioned above
im sure all of us here at ATS would love to have a new thread summarising why and how this is a HOAX!
i am honestly lost and have been pulled one way to the other so much my limbs are barely hanging on!
so please lets have the full explanation in one new thread!
many thanks and great work to all those that acually did work and not bitch!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Also from ATS source apparently-
There may have been witnesses
www.ufoeyes.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
And seriously, I think the Jerusalem web cams working until someone spotted the orb...and then not working after that would be worth noting in a summary.

But that's just me ; )

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Since I've been asked - whatever is best, in this case, for ATS I suppose:

It comes down to how do you wish to be perceived and how you do not?

If you think that making a big issue out of this for hits and therefore advertising revenue then I accept that - you are a business afterall.

If you wish for the scrutiny and scepticism of people who can do so with due diligence and decency then I ask for a reprisal of November 2010 policy which saw many members head off to Reality Uncovered.

If it is some middle ground then I think you should state it openly and perhaps apologise to those who have been culled, either purposefully, via mistaken administration or by choice.

Thing is I don't think you are asking a genuine question about how ATS should be but rather make a statement on a popular thread.

Again; that decision is yours to do so - you are in direct control of the analytics of this site and know where best to persue or otherwise.

Just know that you are not alone in knowing the results of that and a more reflective stance and transformational practice attempt at running this site would be appreciated by those who were once key members of the general member team here.

So; That's the answer to your question from me.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Maybe if they end up real, as I think its still inconclusive, they will make you look the fool.

new topics

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join