It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ok i want that ten grand. GOP didn't they prove that the tiles weren't mrrored by the buildings?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

No, some people thought they did because they ignored key evidence... but then it was proven to be a mirror:

..and they didn't even try to explain the mirror on the bottom. Nor did they try to explain why the mirror moves with the camera shake and is not fixed to the viewport. Nor did they explain why the two mirrored edges create a 90 degree angle.

However, motion tiling and mirrored edges and fake camera shake explains all this in one neat package.

edit on 9-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

There is more than 1 video.
Are they all hoaxes?
---------------------------------------
This sounds like a crop circle debate.
They can't all be hoaxes.

Why not? Because more then one video means it is more credible? If a group 0f people decided to create a hoax they could easily do so the same as just one person. It is a multi-hoax. This is not the first time this method has been used on yt.

n0t unc0mm0n

reply to post by pezza

I would wager myself that $10000 will sit idle in pocket until the due date. Your offer will either be ignored or someone will claim they will "prove hoax videos real" only to buy time. They will then disappear and fade in to obscurity and lay low like the hoaxers until all blows over. Return with some excuse like "i was tied up" or "MIB intercepted the findings and silenced the professionals"

You can quote this comment come the due date

edit on 9-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
my god. will you people who think this is real please get some common sense. The video above posted by gift0fpr0phecy is enough evidence in itself. Please explain to me how these anomalies can have happened naturally? Do you have evidence of family holiday movies with the subject matter wrapping round the viewable area of the video? NO. do you have bits of landscape mirrored and jumping round all over the place... NO.. these videos are fake people, banging on that they are real will not make them so.

i'll put it here again.....

look at the bottom left and tell my how this can have occurred if it isn't doctored.
edit on 9-2-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

Frightening isn't it? When i first seen the videos i thought "oh my this is bad if a hoax" knowing how fragile peoples beliefs have become. They will have the idea that "this is a sign" etched in stone no matter what. To them it is not about evidence, proof or even FACT. It is about as frustrating as dealing with a junkie that cant help themselves but continue chasing the dragon. This is what ufology has been reduced to.. a fictional belief system.

I noticed they are not tackling the FACTS, the mirrored image being explained. It is just absurd and comical. I had no idea people have grown so fanatical it's like part in that film "The Mist" lol
www.youtube.com...

Now the Messiah has returned according to some lolz
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The world has gone insane

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thats awesome except that he could have done that himself. I don't get that much shake in my videos sorry. I would have noticed that.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Is this one a hoax also?

Look at upper left corner.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

That one im unsure, has not received as much interest and subject of a thorough analysis. Odds are it is probably a hoax but im weary to call it. The Utah UFO is legit as far as im concerned but question to what it was is up for debate imo. Could be that the Utah UFO inspired the hoaxers to copycat.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I went to Youtube and downloaded it 720p and went Full Screen. Looks real to me.
Jerusalem is a UFO hotspot.
---------------------------------------------------
The guy who was in charge of Lockheed Skunkworks said there are 2 kinds of UFOs -- Theirs & Ours --
edit on 9-2-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams

yea, this thread should just officially be closed, because theres literately nothing else to discuss anymore. dead

to add to the photos showing tile mirroring

and 2 more to prove that videos 1 and 2 was filmed at 2 seperate times.

How can this even be possible? We are talking about the recordings from 2 seperate camers of the exact same time / event. Why can't the cameras seem to agree on what's happening?

That would be like, a recording of a wedding, in 1 the guy says I do, in the other the guy says I don't.

So please someone tell me how this could happen?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

That's a bird.

I'll stake my steak on it.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

What exactly do you think this is?

I think it is one of many explanations based on an opinion of the individual presenting it.

Most of the time, when these kinds of vids and photos surface, the scramble is by those who deny rather than accept. There are always umpteen dozen who will absolute call something a fraud... while very few who call it undeniably ET.

The thing here, in my opinion, is to avoid being one of the absolutists... shutting down the discussion or even continued observation because you (or anyone) think that everyone else should bow to a single viewpoint.

That's not denying ignorance. That's guaranteeing it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Oh i wouldn't argue with that. Theirs and 0urs that is. I have seen UFO's on many occasions. Seen one most recently last fall around mid October for a couple of seconds. Driving downtown i noticed something HUGE in the sky that seemed to be over the area of a local park. It was cigar shape it was there as i looked at it driving to work for a few seconds and had to look away for a split second coming to a traffic light. Then was gone. Im pretty damn sure it was not "ours" and my wife was with me i did not even mention it. It was like... ahh you would not believe me never mind.

It was huge, if you ever seen Star Wars Empire Strikes Back when the rebel alliance escape ships are retreating from Hoth, that is what it kind of looked like. Was not very uniform in a human kind of engineered way. Looked something very much unlike anything we have.

For some reason when someone calls the Hoax videos Hoax videos people assume they do not believe in UFO's or of UFO's. This hoax is not representative of the UFO subjects credibility as a whole, it is meant to separate real from fake. Some act as if this proven being a hoax will discredit the UFO phenomena and that is not the case.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

??? So you are just going to deny it is even present in the original video...

WOW!

You can see the shake right after the UFO shoots into the air. Actually, clearly, many people except you are able to see it. That just proves that you didn't even study the video.... or even try to confirm the findings...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
I think it is one of many explanations based on an opinion of the individual presenting it.

One of many explanations? Oh really? Care to list those many explanations?

Most of the time, when these kinds of vids and photos surface, the scramble is by those who deny rather than accept. There are always umpteen dozen who will absolute call something a fraud... while very few who call it undeniably ET.

The thing here, in my opinion, is to avoid being one of the absolutists... shutting down the discussion or even continued observation because you (or anyone) think that everyone else should bow to a single viewpoint.

Cop-out. You are taking the road of uncertainty... You lean towards it being real but claim to stay in uncertainty.... That road leads nowhere.

That's not denying ignorance. That's guaranteeing it.

No, what you are doing is guaranteeing ignorance... you keep avoiding trying to find answers... so you never get them.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That is common for people trying to support a sighting... they will post a video of an entirely different event, on an entirely different time. What you just posted is irrelevant and OFF TOPIC, and has no relation to this event besides being roughly in the same area.

Tactic fail..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've been following this from the beginning, like the rest of you, and doing my own investigating and what not.

Some points to make...

1) I am leaning toward these all being hoaxes, since at least 1 of the videos clearly is. However, this 1 "clear hoax" video so doesn't fit with the rest. I mean it doesn't even make sense. So, I'd say it's more likely it was a second hoaxer riding off the coattails of the first. I think it's odd people would assume the same hoaxer or group of hoaxers would put all these together...3 'video' ones and then 1 with a picture from a web site?

2) As far people picking apart the other videos, I haven't read the analysis too in-depth because I don't even understand it really - but the news outlets are pretty much taking that one video editor expert's word as golden. I have seen no thorough analysis of the videos besides on message boards like these. And that's all the news has to work with.

You can overly analyze a video and turn it into fraudulent or genuine footage, depending on your own bias. I trust you video experts more than myself, but considering I've seen the same types of people also attempt to make something out of nothing with other videos...like 911 conspiracy theories. Just saying it goes both ways.

3) If there is even just one of these videos that cannot be disputed, this case IS NOT OVER! Or shouldn't be "shut down" as fa "100%" hoax.

***If anything, the fact that there are obvious hoax videos along with a non-obvious one... just brings up more questions in my opinion.***

4) What's annoying me is there has been no real investigation.

Interviewing witnesses-
-No media outlet has tried to contact the original YouTube uploader. Some UFO expert who can't be trusted claimed to have talked to that original Egila-or however you spell it-name, and of course believed his story. He said the witness was already worried about getting into trouble. I'd say it's far-fetched...but WHY IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS TALKED TO THE WITNESS A RANDOM UFO GUY ON THE INTERNET? No one from Fox News tried to do this?

Web cam stuff-
-One poster here found a Jerusalem live web cam and was able to spot the orb. Apparently someone else was able to spot the same orb a couple of nights around the sighting, but then on no other dates before...when this was happening, I was able to look at the old web cams, too.
But guess what? The web cams no longer load: www.02ws.com...

Witnesses-
-I've also looked for Hebrew/foreign conversations about the sighting on the web. I don't see anyone saying they say the UFO. However, I also don't see anyone saying they DIDN'T see the UFO - like if you were in that area at night and didn't see it, wouldn't you be talking about it and telling people yeah this is a hoax. Or if you did see it, you'd be talking about it. Either way. I find it odd there's nothing out there, but locals and us commenting on the story.

@THEJerusalemUFO
-So, this twitter account was smartly created at some point and has been tweeting for fun with people. In the beginning, I think it was just @JerusalemUFO and there was definitely no web site on the account. But right around the time Space.com published the Jerusalem UFO hoax article, guess what site was added to Twitter account? Space.com. Probably just cuz it relates to the subject, but I mean it's curious.

Is there a good chance this is a hoax? Yes. But if there was at least 1 or more real videos out of this, we also know that it's one of the most compelling UFO sightings ever and that if there is a cover up, it would be very hard to investigate - web cams not loading, hoax videos being released to muddy up the debate, somehow witnesses or reports from area being silenced, media outlets assuming it's a hoax from pretty much beginning...on and on.

On things like this - whether it's UFO related or another issue - have to be thoroughly investigated by sites like these. Because that's all the investigation will come from. I think you've all done a great job so far!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
They will have the idea that "this is a sign" etched in stone no matter what. To them it is not about evidence, proof or even FACT. It is about as frustrating as dealing with a junkie that cant help themselves but continue chasing the dragon.

LOL! That's a beautiful analogy US!

IRM

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I mean the bottom line is we just don't know anything that's really going on with the government, let alone that in Israel. We're all kept in the dark about most things. And this is frustrating. Especially for smart people. : )

So, the reality is the only way you're ever going to know the truth about anything is to experience something first-hand, OR...use the Internet to find those clues and first-time leaks and whatnot. So, we may sometimes be on the wrong track, and we don't want to give hoaxers more attention than they deserve.

Again, whether you're researching info about UFOs or marijuana or the war, the fact of the matter is you really do have to rely on your own intellect to figure stuff out. You have to look for those little clues and stuff that slip through the cracks! If the collective Internet thought more like that, it'd probably be a good thing.

So, don't rag on the fanatical types too much! They're just trying to fight the system and discover truths for themselves. So, when something exciting like this happens, it's empowering! Maybe this isn't our Smoking Gun, but I'm glad people are always fanatically looking for it...
edit on 9-2-2011 by hootlj because: just wanted to add a bit at end

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hootlj
I mean the bottom line is we just don't know anything that's really going on with the government, let alone that in Israel. We're all kept in the dark about most things. And this is frustrating. Especially for smart people. : )

So, the reality is the only way you're ever going to know the truth about anything is to experience something first-hand, OR...use the Internet to find those clues and first-time leaks and whatnot. So, we may sometimes be on the wrong track, and we don't want to give hoaxers more attention than they deserve.

Again, whether you're researching info about UFOs or marijuana or the war, the fact of the matter is you really do have to rely on your own intellect to figure stuff out. You have to look for those little clues and stuff that slip through the cracks! If the collective Internet thought more like that, it'd probably be a good thing.

Appreciate the insight. They're still fake though, if that's what bush your trying to beat around
edit on 9-2-2011 by DeboWilliams because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join