It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
so i will just point out the thread where I make the challenge.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coming back nearly 24 hours later I would have thought someone would have U2U'd me to either take up the challenge or call my bluff. Zero people have come forward to accept the fairly generous concessions. I was expecting that. What I didnt expect was for everyone to ignore me, and whats worse, my offer (and their systematic ignoring of it) has strengthened their resolve. So you know what, the challenge is now

$10000

but of course conditional. $9000 of that has to go into a trust account for your children (whether they exist now or in the future). It will be released at age 18. So have a think about it, prepare a strategy, do some homework. Of course the $10000 challenge now requires 10 academics/experts/appropriately qualified people. There must be proof of their place of residence and the distance between where any two are located is 500km. This is to discourage getting a room full of puppets to make a dodgy assessment of the video. What do you reckon?
edit on 9-2-2011 by pezza because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pezza

Pretty sure I could rustle up some expert from India, another from Zimbabwe and I know there will be plenty of Thai folk who have bought, I mean earned, their qualifications who will put their name to saying this is all absolutely real.

Do they have to answer questions or just put their name on it?

-m0r

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
so just to settle the nerves of the moderators, im not with any govt organisation, media etc attempting to "entrap" or perturb the forum into a comprimising position. Im just interested in stopping this dragging of science through the mud at expensive of 4 hoax videos. Im not a skeptic at all, i just dont like lousy videos showing up on my TV in the middle of my countries worst national disaster in history (potentially at the time). You will notice i am not on any other thread discussing those hoaxes, perhaps part of a blanket strategy by "the powers that be" to mislead those threads. Im just here, in this one thread.

edit on 9-2-2011 by pezza because: more words

edit on 9-2-2011 by pezza because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pezza
so i will just point out the thread where I make the challenge.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coming back nearly 24 hours later I would have thought someone would have U2U'd me to either take up the challenge or call my bluff. Zero people have come forward to accept the fairly generous concessions. I was expecting that. What I didnt expect was for everyone to ignore me, and whats worse, my offer (and their systematic ignoring of it) has strengthened their resolve. So you know what, the challenge is now

$10000

but of course conditional. $9000 of that has to go into a trust account for your children (whether they exist now or in the future). It will be released at age 18. So have a think about it, prepare a strategy, do some homework. Of course the $10000 challenge now requires 10 academics/experts/appropriately qualified people. There must be proof of their place of residence and the distance between where any two are located is 500km. This is to discourage getting a room full of puppets to make a dodgy assessment of the video. What do you reckon?
edit on 9-2-2011 by pezza because: spelling

I told you to get the Ten Grand ready mate, If your serious I will have it. but your not.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
and if you think I will tire out after a couple of hours, weeks, months?? Think again. I have plenty of time.

I am the clockmaster!!

and expect the following, the longer I go, the bigger the ego will be.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
I told you to get the Ten Grand ready mate, If your serious I will have it. but your not.

Yep, please contact a mod right now. I will paypal him the deposit. Lets say $500 USD, up front.

If the mods dont respond within 12 hours I will do the following. I will place a $100 note at any point in the Inner Sydney region. I will post its location. It will be in a heavily crowded public place so you wont think im doing "surveilance" or other pathetic tactics. It will be obscured too so just not any old person on the street will pick it up. I dont want to throw my money away

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Lets say $500 USD, up front.

Actually, im 50/50 on paypal. What I might do is just send 5x $100 Visa cards that you buy down at 7/11

you might think it is outragous but science has made me alot of money in my career. I might as well give a little back.
edit on 9-2-2011 by pezza because: fix quote

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by pezza

Pretty sure I could rustle up some expert from India, another from Zimbabwe and I know there will be plenty of Thai folk who have bought, I mean earned, their qualifications who will put their name to saying this is all absolutely real.

Do they have to answer questions or just put their name on it?

-m0r

no, just names wont be good enough. The conditions will be genuinely in the best interests of finding the truth. Perhaps we may debate the conditions in an open manner here on this thread. But in no way would I let 10 expert contributers with pretty shady credentials take on the task. I think I have already made some extremely generous concessions. How about you guys pull your weight and make an honest attempt.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
hey, i told you tonights show was going to be a ripper. DONT GO AWAY, we will be right back.

after this break....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRICKETS croaking

whats going on here? did everyone disappear. Are you mobilising your lawyers? Youre starting to bore me.

Im thinking about having a wank and going to bed

definitely NOT going to wank over those Jerouslam UFO videos thats for sure

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
and let this be a warning to you. If think about hoaxing a pathetic video again and peddling it to the media you will have me to deal with. If these guys dont take the bait then the challenge remains open for any potential hoax until Dec 21 2012. Of course subject to my initial assessment.

Lets clean the trash out, NOW!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
page 153 might be the turning point in the history of ATS, the point at which we remove all the "noise" to see the real data. This might be the very needed reform that will result in ATS claiming the prize of the first scientific community to prove 100% the existence of ET life.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
anyway, im out of here. Time for bed (minus the wank)

7 day cooling off period still applies

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Thank you for insulting me.... I will now report your post.

Who are you exactly? Why do you think you know who the debunker(s) are when you never met them? And what have you done to prove these objects are real? Instead of insulting the people who actually did measurements and found 100% concrete proof of CGI manipulation, what exactly have you done?
edit on 9-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Just to fix your inaccurate statements...

The original debunk of the first video when it came out was that there is parallax issues, and perspective issues. This lead me to believe the background was static, and a composite. Then after finding evidence of motion tiling which is commonly used when adding fake camera shake, this confirmed the parallax and perspective issues. The camera was moving artificially so there was no real parallax, and this messed up the geometry/perspective as well.

I stand by my original conclusion that the parallax and perspective is incorrect, and it is further supported by evidence of fake camera shake and motion tiling.

There is some evidence that the background of video 1 is a static image and Mr. Mask has researched that path further... I am not 100% sure about that anymore, but when this all started it was one of many explanations for the parallax and perspective issues, and can still be and additional factor.

Nobody has proven it wrong to date. There were several amateur attempts, but the person attempting to prove it wrong didn't even understand the original argument and measurements, and didn't understand the issues. Half the points made were irrelevant.

So what do you have?
edit on 9-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: typos

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Just to add.... If I "didn't know what I was talking about", then why would Robert Sheaffer support my analysis, and then Space.com support Robert Sheaffer's support of my analysis, and even get mentioned by Discovery.com?

I guess all these websites and people "don't know what they are talking about"?

Where is your work?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
In re to the OP subject: Jerusalem UFO videos... the first and second one in particular -

I have seen a number of articles from all corners of the web; from the MSM and the not-so-mainstream, that claim to have some better-than-thou insight into the subject matter. There are just all kinds of claims still appearing with regularity.

To date, I have not seen any single one of them so compelling and so undeniable as to offer an absolute, undeniable proof.

This is also, by the way, my main disagreement with the ATS policy of clamping the [HOAX] label on these things. It's not that there are not hoaxes out there, because there are. But it is my opinion that these kinds of subjects should be left to the individual to decide.

By tagging something in this manner, ATS could be seen as acting in proxy for those dark offices that many of us believe are in business solely for the purpose of distorting truth and hiding reality by misleading the public. In sum, it simply runs counter to what ATS, at least outwardly, espouses.

I would also like to add that just because one could hoax a video, doesn't mean that someone DID hoax a video. The truth here is that there is enough good, inexpensive and easy-to-use video & photo editing/manipulation programs on the market to make nearly everyone an expert hoaxer.

But again, just because it could have been contrived in this manner, doesn't mean that it actually was. And it is this truth that makes the labeling of these things as absolutely this or that, fact or hoax, the wrong thing to do. It slams shut the open mind and creates a wholly unhealthy attitude.

I genuinely hope that ATS will eventually change its policy with the [HOAX] category and leave it to the individual member to decide for themselves.

-Redoubt

edit on 9-2-2011 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

There is more than 1 video.
Are they all hoaxes?
---------------------------------------
This sounds like a crop circle debate.
They can't all be hoaxes.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
To date, I have not seen any single one of them so compelling and so undeniable as to offer an absolute, undeniable proof.

What exactly do you think this is?

The Jerusalem UFO videos have created much controversy since they first appeared, with many believers vigorously defending the videos as real. They dismiss skeptical explanations such as these, but do not offer any better analysis. In science, of course, it's not enough to simply criticize a theory or explanation — critics are expected to put forth a better solution that fits the facts.

www.space.com...

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join