It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Hoaxkiller one tried to define the horizon using a horizon that was not defined and or out of focus.
As you can see there is no way you can accurately put a line over the horizon and use it as a perspective to then attempt to compare it to an already blurry overpixelated leading wall ledge. This whole parallax study was flawed from the get go.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Paradigm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Simmy

But that right there seems to be the problem. Even after clearly seeing / hearing evidence that it's not even remotely possible that video 2 is authentic, people still seem to say "well maybe if" or "it could just be". In this instance, we are dealing with earth technology, this is tried and true methods. No alien craft or extraterrestrial influence can account for the audio being manipulated.

What could be done to remove all doubts about the clear hoax that these videos are? How much MORE solid proof is needed?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by laymanskeptic

WOW

Thank you so much for your service good sir

That makes perfect sense, so as we suspected video number 4 is a Hoax as well. The orb was imposed in to the footage. Those kids seemed to be acting and then you have the footage being doctored. Thank you for your contribution once again. This is an elaborate hoax among a group of Teenagers after all.

reply to post by Jaylemite

Thanks for that information. So these kids have a previous history of interest in the phenomena. They happen to be involved in film making, ahhh the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. Video 4 had an obvious artificial feel to it especially in the acting. Keep us posted i shall check out those fb's and see what I can do.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simmy

Originally posted by DeboWilliams
reply to post by Simmy

Just because some videos are unexplainable does immediately make ALL ufo videos unexplainable. I've seen some videos which cant be dismissed no matter how close of a microscope is used. But this isn't one of them. Doesn't mean videos of UFOs aren't real, just this one isn't.

Yes i agree and respect your opinion. It could well turn up to be a true hoax however some people just call it hoax without even investigate the case. It could well turn up to be genuine and i am not talking about this particular case but on all cases. There is a lot out there that in the past they were called hoaxes while now scientists and with the new technology we have they have turned out to be the opposite. I also believe we have the evidence but the problem is debunking it very quickly because in peoples eyes or ears is impossible or because we were taught differently in our history books...

I guess we will find out, sooner or later the truth will come out...

Take care

Just to add to this.. Just opened my local paper online and find this. I mean they find new stuff every day and it will not be far away before we find life.

www.timesofmalta.com...

If this find is already here some where can you please direct me to it as would like to read more about it?

Thanks again

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It seems nobody cares about this sighting. No news about it in the Israeli media anywhere of something that should have been picked up by hundreds.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If these videos are not real, is this the first time that multiple UFO videos from different vantage points ( of the same event) have been faked? I have seen many bogus UFO videos before, but I can't recall a particular event that has generated this number of "faked" videos. If true, I guess this is a new trend in Ufology.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
In reply to the OP's offer to comment, I'm going to call real.

If it is indeed real, then we were fortunate in that there were enough people around at 1.00am to film this. If someone had the resources to put out an advert in the Jerusalem press, I'm sure you'd get about 10-20 independent eyewitnesses to corroborate the sighting. But no one organisation has the funds or the motivation to do this.

As a previous poster stated, he'd seen a daylight UFO demonstrating highly advanced technology, I can claim to have seen similar. And my sighting was undeniable, witnessed by multiple people at multiple locations, as I since discovered. But, because there was not several videos of the event, it remains unknown about.

There are probably dozens of other instances like this. One day, we will get undeniable proof. Not sure if this is quite it.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams
reply to post by Simmy

But that right there seems to be the problem. Even after clearly seeing / hearing evidence that it's not even remotely possible that video 2 is authentic, people still seem to say "well maybe if" or "it could just be". In this instance, we are dealing with earth technology, this is tried and true methods. No alien craft or extraterrestrial influence can account for the audio being manipulated.

What could be done to remove all doubts about the clear hoax that these videos are? How much MORE solid proof is needed?

Again there is no conclusive evidence that video 2 is not authentic.

This is how we do things in court. We weight the evidence and look at both sides. What you attempted to do is present your case. You found insignificant audio anomalies from a cellphone camera.

Every cellphone video/audio has anomalies.

In court you would need to look at the other sides evidence.

The evidence that this video is REAL is being presented.
There is alot more evidence for it being real.
Than the small amount of evidence for it being a fake.

In face I have seen zero evidence that 1,2,and 4 are FAKES
ZERO

if it was a fake you would have DEBUNKED IT BY NOW

so far you have not been able to.

link   
reply to post by Simmy

Yea I just head about that on my morning news. Theres a post about it somewhere on this sight called "NASA to release a announcement about alien planets", which they did yesterday. It was said that also Keplar (that new telescope) found 1253 more planets that are not in our one solar system. I don't deny, I unequivocally believe theres life other than what originated here on earth, it's just that these videos aren't the proof we've been looking for

link   
reply to post by Simmy

Simmy
If this find is already here some where can you please direct me to it as would like to read more about it?

Here you go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Simmy

Yes, I saw this on the BBC website this morning:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
It seems nobody cares about this sighting. No news about it in the Israeli media anywhere of something that should have been picked up by hundreds.

That is not correct they covered it! Click Me!

For me personal this is not a hoax how many theoretical explanations well come afterwards this one feels real.!
But for a lot of other ones I had my doubt! but if the makers all decided to come out as it was a joke then I will say its a hoax!
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sqorpius
If these videos are not real, is this the first time that multiple UFO videos from different vantage points ( of the same event) have been faked? I have seen many bogus UFO videos before, but I can't recall a particular event that has generated this number of "faked" videos. If true, I guess this is a new trend in Ufology.

They are unable to debunk the voices of the 2 men and the voices of the 4 kids in the car.

There are 6 eyewitnesses.

Why did they sound so "real" and "shocked:" at what they saw.

Did the hoaxers hire 6 actors?

Nobody on ATS has been able to debunk the case

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks guys for the link...

Regards

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thank You for the very thoughtful and considered post! This sure has opened a can of worms at ATS, and future sightings will continue to do so when the subject of 'real or hoax' is raised.

I posted in the original thread some thoughts about the technicalities of hoaxing. I'm sure some other members are involved in visual effects professionally (as am I) and rather than going into specifics about the pieces I think we have to address an insoluble problem: Visual Effects packages now make it relatively easy to produce flawless hoaxes. Online tutorials teach not just the technical aspects but also the theoretical knowledge so that the average latchkey teenager can become very adept at this art in short time. I personally know dozens of people who could have produced these pieces, flawlessly, in an evening with little effort.

This means the only true measure of authenticity has to be 'multiple witnesses with no connection to each other'. The more, the better. Think about this, it's staring us in the face: 3 videos of the same event. World-famous landmark-tourist-destination in a densely populated city. Where are the eyewitnesses? What are the odds of 3 videos coming out and no 'man in the street' interviews, etc by the MSM? Believe me, they'd be all over it. This is a profoundly important site to a huge chunk of the world. If it had been seen by even a few dozen, or hundred citizens or tourists, the religious factions would be going ape about this 'sign from God'.

I am not concluding that this is a hoax. I am just saying: we must re-assess our 'authenticity priorities' and put 'convincing footage' lower on the totem pole.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There are people talking to the Witnesses and the Witnesses are saying "they really saw it and they really filmed it and it was not a hoax" Usually hoaxers will confess pretty quick when they know they were caught.

Again the evidence for it being a hoax is FLIMSY AND WEAK

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Very good. This is an interesting discussion and a very good example of the depth we at ATS will go to investigate to affirm or debunk these videos. Hoax or not.

This is unfortunately the first time I find myself being very disappointed in the ATS staff for deleting threads which still hold value as far as investigating this. I hope that attitude does not move into the category of censorship. I doubt that it will but deleting complete threads is definitely the first step. At least leaving them open and locked we can still reference parts of the old threads.

And here is to Mr. Mask for asking to continue the discussion and to the ATS guys who did it.

We have been discussing this topic at work. I was linking the ATS thread to them to discuss via email and they had been closed which we did not like. We know about the hoax statements and were still discussing how cool the whole events were regardless.

My biggest rad flag is the fact that such good video from multiple sources (following the story)...especially the good quality of the fourth video....why would this event not be all over the media there? I mean here we have a streak in the sky and people jump right to a UFO explanation or a chem-trail. In this video we have a bright UFO over a major site and no real news story? Doesn't add up. We also have a major city here and we only see video from a lookout point all from nearly the same perspective.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSearchforSpork
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thank You for the very thoughtful and considered post! This sure has opened a can of worms at ATS, and future sightings will continue to do so when the subject of 'real or hoax' is raised.

I posted in the original thread some thoughts about the technicalities of hoaxing. I'm sure some other members are involved in visual effects professionally (as am I) and rather than going into specifics about the pieces I think we have to address an insoluble problem: Visual Effects packages now make it relatively easy to produce flawless hoaxes. Online tutorials teach not just the technical aspects but also the theoretical knowledge so that the average latchkey teenager can become very adept at this art in short time. I personally know dozens of people who could have produced these pieces, flawlessly, in an evening with little effort.

This means the only true measure of authenticity has to be 'multiple witnesses with no connection to each other'. The more, the better. Think about this, it's staring us in the face: 3 videos of the same event. World-famous landmark-tourist-destination in a densely populated city. Where are the eyewitnesses? What are the odds of 3 videos coming out and no 'man in the street' interviews, etc by the MSM? Believe me, they'd be all over it. This is a profoundly important site to a huge chunk of the world. If it had been seen by even a few dozen, or hundred citizens or tourists, the religious factions would be going ape about this 'sign from God'.

I am not concluding that this is a hoax. I am just saying: we must re-assess our 'authenticity priorities' and put 'convincing footage' lower on the totem pole.

Even if you find 100 witnesses and put their audio on ATS. Some desperate person will use FREE AUDIBLE software and find a way to make it look like a HOAX.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

It is probably because nobody but a group of teenagers captured footage and nobody else is claiming to have seen it. Nor will they cooperate with the media in the first place. Im sure the Isreli media is aware that publishing a story on some youtube videos without being able to have eye witness accounts or the witnesses/film makers input or testimony would not be proper journalism. They would look like the examiner, national enquirer daily Sun tabloids.

The trail grow cold one it leads to the teens that uploaded this. There are several logical debunking videos afloat on YT to accompany these videos. So maybe people are being informed of what is very wrong here. When i return tomorrow I expect more exposing of this orchestrated hoax.

People say "there are several videos of the same thing so it cant be fake" like sheep i have to lol. Youtube is a cesspool of multiple hoaxes. Several hoax channels are hosting this footage if you know your way around yt. I could even provide a list of HOAXER/troll channels upon request. It gets updated weekly.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

Yes except that in this case no whitnesses other than the people who claim to have filmed an UFO came forward. If it would have been real it would have been kind of hard to overlook.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join