It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
"RIP UFO over Jerusalem: Reopened you were fun"

ExCloud ... just wanted to say that your attitude here is awesome. You deserve major props and have totally kept your dignity in this episode. Between yourself and Laymanskeptic I perhaps feel like maybe I should put some more effort it during events like this as maybe it really is appreciated. For the most part I'm really put off deeply explaining anything, as I just don't anyone pays attention, but you persons have given me a fuzzy moment today.

Laymanskeptic, I apologize if when you first asked me questions I was a little short with you; just normally persons here ask me questions to poke holes in my character as opposed to genuine questions. Which yours was!

Good jobs to the others who have kept investigating too like MM, and even the mister angry Unknown Soldier. The frustration that builds from trying to talk to persons is always a bit difficult to deal with I guess.

To some of the others ... The 'faux' experts (on both sides), the rhetorical supporters; those persons who said ... oh that's too technical for me, so therefore it's not true ... People get places through hard work and research, by perseverance against odds.

And chances are if you 'feel' like an expert you're not one. I wake up every morning thinking I'm not good enough to do the things that I do, I go to bed every night wondering how I could have done things better. The first part of the equation is probably a bad thing ... no doubt I probably stress too much and will die of some kind of stress cancer.

That's not the point though ... the point is be hungry for information and the truth, be wary of persons who are quick to self evaluate how great they are, and one day someone might call you an 'expert' ... but beware it's a temporary title. Today's expert rests on their laurels or comfy chair, and soon becomes tomorrows self important announcer.

Oh wells. Hope this all doesn't come off as too pretentious hahaha. Just saying good job all.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by laymanskeptic

Originally posted by serisony
reply to post by laymanskeptic

Here's my question, Is this the original footage for video 1? You downloaded the original video 1 footage, or got the raw file from the poster? I'm trying to understand how you came up with the mirrored image because a frame by frame analysis of the original video doesn't seem to reveal this discrepancy.

On some versions you might have downloaded (from the same youtube account eligael), you can find it I think around 1:28.

Whatever version that is, it's around the moment when the shot starts to tilt up... you'll find it.

eligaels original upload is a better version to check for such effects. The shakes at the very beginning have the biggest change.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I've read the whole thread but this is (I think!!) my first post.

All along, I'd taken note of both sides but still felt unconvinced. However, that cloned and mirrored example that's been posted is what does it for me. It's definitive. I've worked with imaging software like photoshop for years and the moment I saw that image I recognized it for what it was. As far as I know, an ordinary, run-of-the-mill vidcam should not be able to produce that cloning and mirroring effect of only part of an image, so it was done on a computer using software effects.

I have to admit that I'm gutted.
I was hoping against hope that this on-the-surface quite remarkable footage was the real McCoy, but sometimes we've just got to bite the bullet.

Thanks to everyone who's put forward reasoned arguments. On both sides.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by believerofgod

I explained to you what real shake should NOT look like. It should not be 100% consistent in both time and magnitude. Human bodies are not robots. Real shake would be random and inconsistent in time and magnitude, especially when you are trying to steady a camera to get a good shot. The only way to replicate the shake that is best visible in video 4 is to be a robot with electrically controlled servos.

If you watch this video at 1:46, you will see the light inside the circle NEVER leaves the circle for quite a long period of time... Real shake would never be that consistent, and the light would have left the circle if a real human was filming.

If you understand how default fake camera shake works, you would understand why it stays in the circle.. When you set up fake camera shake you set both a time per second and a magnitude. The magnitude is important, it is the maximum amount of pixels the shake will move. In other words, it sets how big the circle is for the light to jump around in.

There is no way a human can replicate the camera shake found in video 4.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jmariak

I just wanted to throw in my thanks and admiration along with Jmariak. I hate the hoaxers, too. I can't stand being led around by the nose by these hoaxed events due to may lack of knowledge. Following this case on ATS has changed that. I learned tons of new stuff that has allowed me to integrate stuff I already knew. I will be better armed from here on out. ATS you are the best of your kind. Thanks to Mr. Mask for his long tolerance. Great job!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quartza

eligaels original upload is a better version to check for such effects. The shakes at the very beginning have the biggest change.

It doesn't matter.

Its a hoax.

People really shouldn't advertise proven hoaxed wares for hoaxers.

Unless you personally have reason to do so?

Eh? Eh eh?

See you next time...when "someone" tries this crap again.

Must be getting hard for you? No?

MM
edit on 5-2-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yeah, ok, I see it now. Nail in the coffin on that one. Video 4's explanation seems very technical, and thorough. My only question there is, if this thing was real and supposedly not of this world/dimension, would the light source still behave the way you would expect it to? I mean if it was real, and nobody had caught anything like it before on camera, wouldn't that also explain the anomalies happening. All we have to go by is previous knowledge, but if this is indeed the first time this was caught on film, I wouldn't expect any of the laws of our world to be applicable.

Also with all the debunkers, and experts in these forums, I would be interested to see you guys make a video yourself of something similar to this incident if not better. Most of the debunkers seem to have a clear idea of video editing, and exactly how this was done. If you guys could replicate this type of video and make your own hoax, I would absolutely love to see that. For one it would prove that it could be done, and for two would also show how easy it is to get people to believe in something that is completely non-existent, and if it originated from the likes of this forum, would also prove that anyone could make such a video. If these videos are all fake, than it would have to be some amateur film makers, and therefore wouldn't be hard to replicate. Proving these videos are fake by making your own versions of it, would surely help the die hard believers let there hopes go. So who is up to that challenge?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by laymanskeptic

Originally posted by serisony

Here's my question, Is this the original footage for video 1? You downloaded the original video 1 footage, or got the raw file from the poster? I'm trying to understand how you came up with the mirrored image because a frame by frame analysis of the original video doesn't seem to reveal this discrepancy.

On some versions you might have downloaded (from the same youtube account eligael), you can find it I think around 1:28.

Whatever version that is, it's around the moment when the shot starts to tilt up... you'll find it.

Hi Quartza. Yes I used Eligael's original upload to find the anomalies. I'm sure you can find those same anomalies :-) give it a try? for your education :-) wouldn't hurt to try for yourself would it? :-)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Mmm.
"Mount Zion" or "Dome of the Rock", Judaism or Islamic.
1- These people that did the footage are Israeli's. Judaical people from origin.
2- The UFO illuminates the Dome of the Rock (Islamic), It stops in some videos as if it were on the pure center of the dome of the rock.

If I were Islamic, after looking at this footage, I would feel that Allah/God is endorsing my faith, and so endorsing what I am doing.
Very volatile footage. I do not think that anybody. ANYBODY from Judaic origin would even think about illuminating the Dome of the Rock in such a way as I see in this video. EVER.

Maybe if this Judaic person has a seconds agenda that is very very secure.
Not a single innocent guy of 42 years old. No way.

Believe me on that one.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by believerofgod

I explained to you what real shake should NOT look like. It should not be 100% consistent in both time and magnitude. Human bodies are not robots. Real shake would be random and inconsistent in time and magnitude, especially when you are trying to steady a camera to get a good shot. The only way to replicate the shake that is best visible in video 4 is to be a robot with electrically controlled servos.

If you watch this video at 1:46, you will see the light inside the circle NEVER leaves the circle for quite a long period of time... Real shake would never be that consistent, and the light would have left the circle if a real human was filming.

If you understand how default fake camera shake works, you would understand why it stays in the circle.. When you set up fake camera shake you set both a time per second and a magnitude. The magnitude is important, it is the maximum amount of pixels the shake will move. In other words, it sets how big the circle is for the light to jump around in.

There is no way a human can replicate the camera shake found in video 4.

Gotcha!
Now I see where you are coming from.

It seems as if it finally coming to an end on here and with all the evidence that has been put forth, I just have to say job well done! This site can definitely be addicting when such matters come into play. Now back to my womanizing ways
Signing out

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Hey thanks again MM for getting this dug out to be sifted through and debunked to its fullest. I will see you again when the next real video or hoax video comes out. We will see we will see.

Thanks again everyone who participated in conversation and rational debates. This is why I use to come to ATS to read threads such as this. It is once again nice to have a good thread like this come about. It has been a while since I have got to see this kind of work done and not a lot of rude commenting. There was some, but usually threads are dwarfed in it these days.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

It doesn't matter.

Its a hoax.

People really shouldn't advertise proven hoaxed wares for hoaxers.

Unless you personally have reason to do so?

Eh? Eh eh?

See you next time...when "someone" tries this crap again.

Must be getting hard for you? No?

MM
edit on 5-2-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

Pleas don't assume anything about me.

If you must know, I stand behind the mirrored edge argument that the video is a hoax.
During this time I have kept an open mind and there is nothing wrong with that.

I simpley wanted to state a better source for the topic at hand.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Hi Quartza. Yes I used Eligael's original upload to find the anomalies. I'm sure you can find those same anomalies :-) give it a try? for your education :-) wouldn't hurt to try for yourself would it? :-)

Thank you for assuming I did not. It states in my post that I did search and found other examples.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That's a good spot laymanskeptic , does this mean this is headed for the Hoax forum now ?
If you have After Effects the technique can be replicated via Effect -> Stylize -> Motion Tile -> Mirror Edges

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Originally posted by ExCloud
"RIP UFO over Jerusalem: Reopened you were fun"

Laymanskeptic, I apologize if when you first asked me questions I was a little short with you; just normally persons here ask me questions to poke holes in my character as opposed to genuine questions. Which yours was!

No worries Pinke :-) I sensed that you were the right person to throw questions at and get authentic answers in return, and authentic they were. You know your stuff, and I feel comfortable knowing that.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Thank you for assuming I did not. It states in my post that I did search and found other examples.

Oh sorry about that. But that's great you found other stuff :-)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

MORE ! I WANT MORE!

SECOND THAT

I think there are more telling signs we may yet still be overlooking.

Just how many more coffin nails do we need
No more room in the lid for nails

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So it looks like the camera of choice for UFO hunters and hoaxers alike would be a 3 chip, CCD HD camera.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What about the Utah UFOs, which appeared days earlier? You are telling me these are fakes also?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Hoaxers lose again

No actually they won..

Why?

THEY got full mainstream media exposure... and certainly the worst one #4
THEY were laughing their heads off while this thing went viral
THEY were most likely taking notes from this huge thread about what mistakes NOT to make next time.
THEY have mega views on youtube... which after all is what their reward is and 80% of those will never believe it's fake

WE have spent days of our lives arguing over this... mega lost time

Sad... really sad... but at least this one is toast. but we still have the Turkey UFO

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join