It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hiccups!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I hate hiccups!

I grab a paper or plastic bag and lay down and breathe into the bag. Slow and steady, usually works within minutes.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Exactly what i do...as stated above...works for me too

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I did not see this one...so I will share:

My grandmother used to give us a huge spoonful of peanut butter. The smooth, non-chunky kind, and it still works to this day. Yes it kind of goofy, and not all that appealing, but it really does work. It has something to do with the amount of air your taking, or need to take in and the peanut butter sticking to your mouth makes you work harder to get some air in while slurping around on the sticky mess in your mouth. It works... everytime...seriously...I have cured many a case of hiccups in our house with grandma's age old trick!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Just about works every time as a cure...

Takes two people though. (maybe a mirror would work).

You simply stare into each other's eyes for a couple minutes....

Seriously, it really works, try it.

It's the only thing that works for my wife when she gets them. We were at a movie, before the show, and another patron recommended it. We were skeptical, but it worked, and has ever since.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: wagtail
I absolutely guarantee a spoonful of honey or straight cordial will smash hiccups into the middle of next week!
anything outrageously high in sugar - and you can quote me on that!

Thanks.... chocolate worked like a charm!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
An old bartender trick. Do a small shot of bitters and lime. This works in an instant with hiccups from drinking at least. It is high in sugar so like someone else above said sugar may be the thing.

I'm going to try a simple syrup of sugar and water next time to see if that works. It would be a quick and easy solution using warm tap water

top topics

<< 1   >>

join