It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada home to largest share of illegal workers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Nevada home to largest share of illegal workers

www.lasvegassun.com

Nevada has the largest share of illegal workers in the nation, with roughly 10 percent of its work force not authorized by the federal government, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan research group.
Nevada also has the largest share of illegal immigrants at 7.2 percent. Only 3.7 percent of people in the United States are illegal immigrants.
Nevada's tourism-rich economy lured foreign workers for years with promises of plentiful jobs in its construction and service industries. Immigrants urged friends and relatives to relocate to Nevada with their stories of fair wages. Emplo
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.michaelsavage.wnd.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Nevada has most illegals, highest unemployment

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is So Damn Interesting,,, Let me ask you a question Nevada and you people who voted for Harry Reid,,,,Do you not believe he knew this was happening to your state? Are You Now Unemployed?

Is the fact you're unemployed your fault or your employers fault or Harry Reid's fault for allowing your employer to send Headhunters to Mexico and other Latin American Nations to recruit affordable workers to take your job.
I'll ask you again, Do You Believe H. Reid knew?
How are you feeling right now?

Your once beautiful state, gone.

www.lasvegassun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is Harry Reid's State, Nevada, He is the same person that wouldn't answer the question asked of him by another American Citizen about the Senate Vote for the Repeal of Obamacare.

What do you think we would do or say if asked about the outrageous number Unemployed Americans in his State of Nevada and the outrageous number of illegals working in his State of Nevada?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am puzzled by the number count, not just in this report but in other reports...there is always a certain number...how do they know how many and if they do why don't they get deported as they are "counted"????

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I agree. they always seem to be able to spit out a number of how many illegals are here/working etc but we can't find them when we want to?

In other words. made up stuff for whatever slant they are pushing. Typically Progressives/Liberal crap.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharintexas
I am puzzled by the number count, not just in this report but in other reports...there is always a certain number...how do they know how many and if they do why don't they get deported as they are "counted"????

Let me Think,,,, The 2010 Census?
They used Hispanic Census takers in the heavily Hispanic areas, the same they did in Phoenix, AZ.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Nevada here.

No suprise really, we all knew this, all you had to do was visit to see for yourself.

The roads aare a dangerous place here in Vegas cause a good majority dont have drivers liscenses or insurance.

Over the past 15-20 years, Vegas has changed VASTLY because of the influx of illegal immigrants, work crews changed, and you could no longer get a job with some of these companies unless you were "one of them". They work for half the rate, and they dont pay taxes, resulting in them being able to afford these luxurious Machines such as Navigators.

White guys/black guys got outnumbered, and had to find new work for the most part because they couldnt compete with the wages. One of which is my father, who has been in the trade most of his life. Now, you will be hard pressed to find a Framing truck on the road because of the housing bust that went on here in the state.
Big companies such as KBI and Westcor Construction have downsized so much, that even now, the illegals cant even find work out here in that field, so they are moving onto other fields and taking even more jobs away from other industries. Now we have all these homes out here built by none other than those illegal immigrants, which lined their pockets instead of the Vegans.

Reid, what an embarassment. Why do you all think he got re-elected? All you have to do is drive around the city, and you will know why.

Vegas is NOT what it used to be, our schools here are CROWDED with "anchor babies", and nobody is doing anything about it.

Its really sad, and nobody cares.

And Im supposed to feel sorry for these people? Psh. I cant say the things I really feel on this site about this problem, but I think its pretty clear to some of you which side I am on in all of this.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

My Heart Goes Out To You and All American Citizens in the Late Great State of Nevada.
But, Jezzzzzz, How did they fix all those voting machines there, That's the only way he could have kept his job.

You're right, The wife and I won't go to Nevada anymore, It's Not Safe, and I Carry Concealed Every Where I Go, Just Because I Can!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The illegals are taking jobs in many fields. Millions of un-employed citizens losing jobs to foreigners.
I keep saying this and I will say it again, unless it affects someone personally or someone they know and love, they will not understand or care. A shame!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My brother works as a phone installer in Las Vegas.

He has found 3 bedroom homes with 30+illegals living in them.

He had a phone trouble call at a 4 bedroom home in north Vegas that had a family living in each bedroom the den had a wall put in converting it to two bedrooms the living room was split the same way.
Each room had 3 to 5 people living in it.

That added up to about 32 people.
Then in the back yard there were 4 travel trailers with about 4 people each.
That added 16 more people for a total of 48 people living at one home.12 families(zoned as a single family residence.)
Each family is paying the slumlord $400+ a month and by tracking the property owner the phone company employees have found 7 homes like this owned by the slumlord.

They figure this slumlord is making about $33,600 a month from these homes.

The phone company employees have reported this slumlord to the city for a least 5 years and nothing is ever done.
The neighbors have also reported these homes and nothing is ever done.

Someone in the city is getting a payoff to allow this to happen.

The local public hospital is about to go bankrupt from unpaid bills by these illegals.

Even bill collector in Las Vegas find it impossible to collect because its imposable to find the illegals to collect from them as many have more then one set of IDs.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
The illegals are taking jobs in many fields. Millions of un-employed citizens losing jobs to foreigners.
I keep saying this and I will say it again, unless it affects someone personally or someone they know and love, they will not understand or care. A shame!

I don't want to Kill My Own Thread,,,,, But My Friend Night Star,,,,, You've Told It Like It Is,,,,, They won't and don't care about the Citizens of America, Most of us, would never be a welfare voter for them to enslave!

It is the illegals and the Government allowing them to come here and have their kids and that is Bankrupting our States and Your State has more than your for share Nevada. From this site:
townhall.com...
Canada and the United States are the only advanced economies that still grant citizenship to babies born of illegal immigrants. 164 countries have eliminated this benefit. That is not to say we shouldn’t declare these babies to be citizens because other countries don’t. We should eliminate anchor babies because it is the correct public policy for our citizens, and an expression of fairness to all of the people who aspire to become American citizens.
There is another reason that people have adopted the impression that the law covers the children of illegal aliens – it is because the issue was rarely asserted. If a person came here illegally a century ago and had a baby, they would give birth with a midwife and then raise the child by their own means. The world has changed. People come here and have babies in hospitals. Even a simple birth can run $10,000. If the baby is a preemie, the bill can be as high as $500,000. Once they leave the hospital, they can be supported by their parents or they can become beneficiaries of the state. In one year alone, Los Angeles County spent over $50 million on welfare benefits for the children of illegal aliens.
This is Killing all of us. It need to end NOW!

edit on 2-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Of course he knows, and I'm sure that's his motivation for adamantly protecting Obamacare (or I should say, trying to protect). The medical community is feeling the squeeze and that will get them paid. Doctors, hospitals, etc don't care who pays the bill or whether it's fair, they just want their money. Add insult to injury, they take huge tax write-offs (not to mention the write-offs from silent partnering businesses on the side; which doctors are notorious for) because Medicaid is a loss for them (and you know Obamacare will be) and regular people foot the bill.

We have a huge corruption problem in this country. Kind of like Mexico.

ETA to Common Good. Please don't think that no one cares because they do! God Willing, this will get resolved sooner than later and things will start to improve. Thank you for speaking up! Don't give up hope.
edit on 2-2-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: add reply to another post

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Keep pushing that agenda!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

ANNED, That is absolutely incredible, So each family is paying roughly $100.00 per. month for their rent and the rest of the monies is for their own use, sent home to their Country for future use.
The smell must be awful and the cockroaches!!!!

Please, you can't have that many people living in a house that was designed and built to support the needs of a family of 4 or 5, for sewage to begin with.

At least he has a job.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Let me also just add that, yes I do believe that the recession and millions of unemployed should be pinned on illegal immigrants. Heck why don't we also blame them for 9/11 too?

Dear O.P

Good for you that you and your wife/partner came to this country the legal way, however please do understand that no one has the opportunities that you were presented, nor do they have the economic means to do so. We just happen to be the most powerful nation on Earth and we share one of our borders with a borderline 3rd world country that is on the verge of an internal collapse. I find it kind of weird that every time I come across one of your threads they always seem to be about your deep rooted hate for illegal immigrants.

We get it.

But please keep in mind that not everyone will drink the koolaid you're trying to sell here. Because I think most of the ATS population know that not everything that is going wrong with this nation is the fault of people trying to come here to achieve a better future. You out of all people should know the requirements that you have to meet in order to come here legally. It's not easy. You either need to get married, get sponsored by a company/relative or come here via asylum. Not to mention the sums of money it takes.
That is all.

Keep selling your koolaid as I know you're preaching to the choir here.
edit on 2/3/2011 by muse7 because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Nevada must run a politician with a good and strong name. Harry Reid isn't going anywhere as long as he's the Senate Leader. Sharon Angle just didn't carry the weight Harry Reid did. John Ensign and Jim Gibbons doesn't either. Clark County got Harry Reid elected. To vote him out of office, Nevada must run a politician with celebrity status to win over the materialistic Las Vegas. A lot of people don't like that, but until they do, Harry Reid remains Senator.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sharintexas

The OP references the information source. Pew. Google them and voila!

Pew is not the Dept of Immigration & Naturalization. Pew is like Silver Surfer in the comic books: they observe but they do not interfere, they are collecting data only. That is why these counted illegal immigrants are not being deported while this data was collected.

Actually, IMHO illegal immigrants are not deported because we do not have real Americans in the White House. Instead we have self-serving lawyers who became politicians. They come from wealth and are drunk on power. Like most people, they are easily swayed and manipulated. They are so corrupt they cannot hide what they do - nor do they care to. They live in gated communities and their children attend private schools. They do not care if you are unemployed, if a illegal foreigner took your job, or if an illegal kills you and easily flees the country. They are safe, their family is warm and well-fed. The corrupt politicians do not give a damn about the burden placed on our social structure and systems by those who use but do not contribute to the upkeep or expense. They don't care if the rest of us die at the hands of street thugs or the local police. That is why the illegal aliens are not deported.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
No matter what pretty look you oppossers to the OP are trying to put on illegal immigration etc.

It may change the look but it doesn't change the smell of it all.

This stinks and should be put to a stop now. Enough with the games and terminology alterations.

It all comes back to this.

Are you legally allow to be in the US per the currently immigraion laws.

I bet 90% would have to answer NO.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Let me also just add that, yes I do believe that the recession and millions of unemployed should be pinned on illegal immigrants. Heck why don't we also blame them for 9/11 too?

Dear O.P

Good for you that you and your wife/partner came to this country the legal way, however please do understand that no one has the opportunities that you were presented, nor do they have the economic means to do so. We just happen to be the most powerful nation on Earth and we share one of our borders with a borderline 3rd world country that is on the verge of an internal collapse. I find it kind of weird that every time I come across one of your threads they always seem to be about your deep rooted hate for illegal immigrants.

We get it.

But please keep in mind that not everyone will drink the koolaid you're trying to sell here. Because I think most of the ATS population know that not everything that is going wrong with this nation is the fault of people trying to come here to achieve a better future. You out of all people should know the requirements that you have to meet in order to come here legally. It's not easy. You either need to get married, get sponsored by a company/relative or come here via asylum. Not to mention the sums of money it takes.
That is all.

Keep selling your koolaid as I know you're preaching to the choir here.
edit on 2/3/2011 by muse7 because: typo

Do you realize how many people have lost their lives due to illegal immigrants? Many have had previous arrests and deportations and just come right back again. Do you realize how many illegals have all their needs met while our own citizens fall through the cracks and worry about how they will feed their families? Too many illegals who are on welfare have lied their way through the system and make above the poverty level. They have no reason to be on welfare yet reap all the benefits.

When an illegal comes first for jobs and any kind of help even though it is gained dishonestly, that is wrong and unfair. There are poor people all over the world and it is impossible for America to take them all in without becoming a 3rd world country ourselves.

Many hospitals have closed due to illegals. My city is struggling to keep ours open as we speak. Being here in the city where time is of the essence in an emergency situation, we desperately need this hospital to remain open.

Illegals cost us plenty of our tax dollars. We support their medical and other needs while many cannot afford their own. Illegals have no background checks which allows diseases to come in, rapists, murderers, pedophiles etc. It's not just the nice folks coming through. We have laws for very important reasons.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Deep Rooted Hate, No, I Despise illegals, from all walks of life. You can go ahead and keep your love for the illegal in your heart and open the door to your home and feed them and clothe them and give them shelter for nothing in return, But Not Me. I've and Many Others have paid our dues and we keep paying our dues every day, we work and pay taxes and create jobs.

You can continue to condone acts of murder like these three here from Denver CO.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52bd730eb3b8.jpg[/atsimg]
hit-and-run fatality are, from left, Norma Paola Vera-Nolasco, 32; Guadalupe Bastida, 47; and Yolanda Bastida-Nolasco, 43.
They killed a hard working American Citizen and fled. They had be stopped in the past for traffic violations and giving tickets they never paid, YES, according to the story, it was know at the time they were here in our Country illegal, Then, they tried to flee back to Mexico and then return as they have done before in the pass after being Deported!

You can be as nice to these criminal as you want, but keep them in your home and don't open the door.
They have no desire to obey our laws our customs or Even learn our language.

You talk about Mexico being a 3rd world nation, It's their own Damn Fault!
They have Gold, Oil and aquaculture and industries and I just remembered, tourism. They live the way they do and are treated the way they are, Because they allow it to happen to them, they could always raise up and take their own country back from the ileitis.
How about this:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/559e4a7f5cf1.jpg[/atsimg]
Nancy Davis in New Philadelphia, Ohio. Nancy and her husband, Sam, an American missionary couple, were shot at in Mexico and may have been targeted because they were driving an expensive truck, police said Thursday. Nancy Davis, 59, was hit in the head and died in a Texas hospital Wednesday afternoon, about 90 minutes after the two were shot at in Mexico.
Do you Understand Now, muse7. This couple of OLD PEOPLE Our Senior Citizens of The United States, They Were Missionaries, There to help and she is killed for their Truck!!!!!!!

But why should they, Hell, They have the Soft, Weak and Big Hearted Stupid American to Abuse and Kill and Spit On!

edit on 3-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join