It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is this? RE: Wikileaks, FBI, and Osama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wikileaks-Solomonts January 18 2010 meeting with Spanish Minister of Interior Rubalcaba

"Summary 1-
........They discussed....the controversy surrounding the FBI's use of a Spanish politicians photograph from the internet to create an image of the bureaus most wanted terrorist, Osama Bin Laden..."

A cable from the Madrid embassy contains this remark. Has anybody heard anything about this? I don't know if they were just clowning around, playing an office prank, used this diplomats image as a joke and word got back to the diplomat or if they were attempting to forge images of Bin Laden. But then again, with technology as it is today why would they need the diplomats photo to create a current image of bin laden, why not just use an old photo of the real bin laden? Any thoughts?

I don't start a whole lot of threads here so I'm kinda feeling my way around posting this and hope I do it right. My apologies if it's sloppy but I thought it warrants posting.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe the "controversy" they discussed was simply that some people were theorizing that this happened and this was causing grief and unwanted attention. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
this topic hurts my brain

i cant even begin to think of a comment as i am just way too confused

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I recall that the pictures for Osama Bin Laden distributed on playing cards to Gulf War soldiers turned out to be a photomontage created from some stock photographs that happened to show a Spanish politician who had a similar appearance.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I suppose that they didn't have a current 'photo of Bin Laden so they "mashed" one up (& got caught in the act).

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abbby
Wikileaks-Solomonts January 18 2010 meeting with Spanish Minister of Interior Rubalcaba

"Summary 1-
........They discussed....the controversy surrounding the FBI's use of a Spanish politicians photograph from the internet to create an image of the bureaus most wanted terrorist, Osama Bin Laden..."

A cable from the Madrid embassy contains this remark. Has anybody heard anything about this? I don't know if they were just clowning around, playing an office prank, used this diplomats image as a joke and word got back to the diplomat or if they were attempting to forge images of Bin Laden. But then again, with technology as it is today why would they need the diplomats photo to create a current image of bin laden, why not just use an old photo of the real bin laden? Any thoughts?

I don't start a whole lot of threads here so I'm kinda feeling my way around posting this and hope I do it right. My apologies if it's sloppy but I thought it warrants posting.

That, the use of the Spanish diplomat's image, was reported here (New Zealand) at least a year back, maybe more.
As far as I can remember, the claim was that they wanted an idea of what OBL would look like now - and some low-level minion found the diplomat's image on the internet and thought "Hey, I'll use that"... The Spanish government were not impressed.
Vicky

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
its a good job that politician didnt spend his summer vacation in the tora bora mountains or he would be screwed.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Certainly a great conspiracy find.
Until somebody manages to explain this clearer, it is weird indeed!
What happened to old Osama anyway?
Are they still looking?
Bush promised to smoke him out of his hole, and it didn't happen.
Bizarre!

So many people died and went to war on the pretext of finding this man.

Now we hear nothing.

I guess conspiracy is real.
Thanks for reminding us!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's pretty clearly explained in the 3rd paragraph of the document:

3.(C) The [American] Ambassador reiterated USG[overnment] regret that Spanish politician and congressional deputy Gaspar Llamazare's photo had been used to create an age-processed image of Osama bin Laden. He explained that the FBI forensic artist had selected features from a database of stock reference photographs to create the image and was unaware the subject he used was a Spanish politician. He added that there was no political or other motivation, that the similarities between the photos (posted on the Rewards for Justice website) were unintentional and inadvertent. Ambassador said that the Embassy had acknowledged the error and contacted Llamazares on January 16 who seemed satisfied with our outreach. Even so, the FBI was looking into the process that led to the unintended depiction and would offer a letter of explanation. Embassy Legatt would be contacting Llamazares to set up a meeting to clarify the matter. Rubalcaba welcomed the Embassy actions to put the controversy to rest, noting that Llamazares, despite his leftist leanings, was a good chap with lots of common sense.

Sounds harmless enough to me. . .
edit on 2/2/11 by OnceReturned because: lol at the last line of that quote

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I heard about this a year ago. It is actually TRUE:

Times Online Jan 2010

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
its a good job that politician didnt spend his summer vacation in the tora bora mountains or he would be screwed.

lool its normal stupid fbi and cia again in the game
the f**** been laden must laught out loud in is home smoking a big cigar with bush jr

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Osama bin dead for almost a decade, and people who think that he is the cause of America's troubles make me laugh until i cry at the tragicomic absurdity of it all...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This all ties in to the whole idea that 9/11 terrorists and victims alike are nothing more than digital manipulations of stock images and have no basis or real identities in reality. OBL is a stooge/scapegoat who denied involvement, indicating that he knew the people who were responsible. He is long since deceased. As 9/11 was a massive hoax orchastrated by the powers behind the u.s. government(and other governments) abetted by the u.s government, military, media, corporations, universities, religious organisations and civilians(amongst others)they need to have a visual villain in the picture to continually justify to the dumb public(via their means of deception-t.v.) their continueing illegal and heinous activities in the middle east. later videos of OBL are proven(badly thought out) fakes. When are we going to shake from slumber and see this and other sagas-7/7 london and madrid bombings etc for what they really are--massive emotion-provoking hoaxes designed to overtly personify evil and convince the public of the necessity of war, to be used as a cloak to encompass hidden agendas of power and greed. i know some people out there will be quick to shout but to all honest and decent people, please spend time mulling over www.septemberclues.info and with an open mind, if you do not come away convinced of these claims, i will be very much mistaken.

new topics

top topics

join