It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Mubarak opened fire on protestors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Considering how events are going, we are sure as hell not going to sell or give them ADS or LRADs.

Mubarak has become a pariah.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

What do want to bet this will STILL be the fault of the United States...seriously...damned if we do and damned if we don't.

I posted a shout out from between the American rock and the hard spot on another thread, so I will spare you all. But, Jordan proved the model. King Abdullah let his cabinet go, he is reforming the government and they are moving forward with none of this chaos.
edit on 2-2-2011 by angelwrangler because: cannot spell when exhausted

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
I am surprised that the Egyptian government hasn't taken advantage of new technology for crowd/riot control. Im sure they have been to some of the military conventions that display LRAD crowd deterence or the ADS (Active Denial System) for crowd/riot control. This would be a great time to test these system out to see how effective they are.

That wouldve been useful to them last friday, noq its about instigating maximum fear and shooting at the protesters. You can think of it as punishment, Mubarak didn't enjoy being humiliated on TV.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
reply to post by MikeboydUS

What do want to bet this will STILL be the fault of the United States...seriously...damned if we do and damned if we don't.

I posted a shout out from between the American rock and the hard spot on another thread, so I will spare you all. But, Jordan proved the model. King Abdullah let his cabinet go, he is reforming the government and they are moving forward with known of this chaos.

Its not about just reforms, its also about freedom. Egyptians have been living in fear for their entire lives, the country has an emergency law for 30 years! you know what that means? That today i could be dragged from my home into god knows where and never be heard of again. No trial no rights. CIA used their sadistic police to torture terrorist suspects for a reason. US has been helping Mubarak if not encouraging him, all for the good and safety of the USA and to give the world a peace of mind. Mubarak used that to control his people.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Does anyone think we should make this right...or is this a guns and butter conversation?

Don't just blow by my post...gas is up 6 cents a gallon in most places already?

The President of the United States has been expected to speak to the world like this was our country and its not. We are the bane of the world of democracies because, why? We did not overthrow the Egyptian government! Somehow, in their minds, we were complicit with Mubarak...because of Israel. Do they think the US would have over thrown Egypt's government if they were not an Israel. Can you imagine what would have happened if we had either way?

This is US diplomacy, 300 years old taking care of a world's countries thousands of years old. It's a global geriactric day care center and we are the the kids.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Aljazeera are reporting 4 dead in the last half an hour in (Tahir) Liberation Square

They are also reporting ambulances are on the way and trying to get into the center of the city

EDIT: Another update, Aljazeera are now showing pictures of tanks re-entering the demonstration center and people who are either dead or injured being dragged along the streets by comrades.
edit on 2-2-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Shame. Shame that innocent blood is being shed. Shame that I help pay for it. Shame that my government is complicit in allowing this. Shame that my culture and standard of living results in the repression of my fellow beings. No more. What is the line in the sand?
Where is the Change President Obama?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
yes i see the military, i hope they do the right thing.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's becoming ridiculous that the world can't see what is happening, where were the pro Mubarak supporters when the protesting first kicked off? there were none. Now the government has got together in the last few days to rally support of Mubarak through government services.

The suspicion now seems to have been demonstrated to be fact: news media across the world have shown images from Cairo of police ID cards recovered from rioting pro-Mubarak forces allegedly paid to assault journalists and pro-democracy demonstrators. The Mubarak regime has seized control of state media, is lying the Egyptian people, and is paying “goon squads” to brutally assault journalists and unarmed pro-democracy demonstrators.

www.casavaria.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
...pro-mubarak might use guns. Shouldnt we fear a massacre? The plan is for the anti-mubarak to head towards the palace from the square with the intention of dethroning the president. What will happen then? ....

and CNN confirms this with this tweet:

"we just knew that one of the demonstrators just died from live bullet shot by the NDP thugs here in Tahrir Square."
twitter.com...
edit on 2-2-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

With ATS motto of "Deny Ignorance" and with regards to the caliber of supposedly "awakened" individuals on here it just amazes me to see so much of the opposite...and in a single post no doubt

So you say this was "PRO- Mubarak" supporters doing a lil somethin somethin involving a gun that has now caused so called "ANTI-Mubarak" posse to head over to some throne and disassemble it...or something like that?

Oh but wait! CNN actually CONFIRMED it all? Well geez I know for one thing that I sure will sleep better tonight whew!

Come on people!! Have some of you not learned anything while being a consumer of media on ATS?!? Have yet to hear someone use the phrase "Critical Thinking" and "Objectivity" sometimes in the same sentence and asked yourself....

"Hmm...I wonder if I have ever been guilty of that before? Maybe I should do my part and research those terms, and better yet seek out some threads/posts where they have been used in order to see in what context they were used in so that I can self improve and possibly became somewhat of a better contributor of information on ATS? I mean since they really are one of the last real hope of being able to get valuable information that has been expanded upon, cross referenced, and scrutinized by many of its members in an effort to bring out the TRUTH in a way that I could never expect the mainstream media to deliver
"

Nah SCREW IT...I will do my part to help make sure that ATS as a whole doesn't stand a chance of ever hoping to refine it's bringing out the truth process and separating it from all of the massive amount of deception, and flat out fabrications, that serve nothing more than to be a plague...a virus in which the global puppet masters relish in having socially engineered in such a way that has made it a weapon that is more powerful than any bomb/bullet/knife could have EVER hoped to of been achieved!! A weapon that could literally be employed with such surgical precision that could literally cause a handful of nations....nations that go back as far as ancient antiquity TO BE OVERTHROWN AND OBLITERATED OVERNIGHT!!

Yea nah...I will just regurgitate the same lies that the mainstream media passes off as true reality and then stamp my position on it and say SEE!! I was right! While being oblivious and completely ignorant of whether or not there were any "Agent Provocateurs" operating as disguised PRO-Mubarak....or maybe even ANTI-Mubarak "protesters" I mean like seriously come on....even if there were some there (not to mention the very large number of "protest" signs that instead of being written in Arabic were written in ENGLISH, and done up so as if they had been part of a MUCH LARGER print order put in...in advance of this completely SPONTANEOUS PROTEST?!?!) but wouldn't one think that even if there were AGENTS present, they surely would have been more disciplined and responsible concerning proper gun usage, so I DOUBT that there were any of them there that night

Look man I could go on and on, and I HOPE that NO ONE is offended by what I just said and the way I chose to say it because seriously people...if we really are hoping to even stand half a chance against this brutal evil global NWO (folks in case none of these major events has had a MAJOR impact on you in opening your eyes over the course of the last few days....then let me spell things out for you, FOLKS THIS IS IT...THE BALL HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN PUT INTO PLAY NOW!!!) I do not care how anyone tries to spin this crap, let me tell you....THE ABILITY TO TOTALLY BRING A NATION (LET ALONE MULTIPLE NATIONS!) TO IT'S KNEES AND THEN BE OVERTHROWN LITERALLY ALMOST OVERNIGHT, WAS NOT....COULD NOT....NEVER WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH PROTESTING CITIZENS PISSED OFF OVER THE PRICE OF BREAD OKAY!!!

I am sorry but this was CLEARLY an example of a well planned (word I got through some of the research I had been doing....RESEARCH, NOT BEING SPOON FED MAINSTREAM PROPAGANDIZED INFORMATION! Was that 'ole Georgie boy and others that many of you are all too familiar with, and have been for quite some time had originally planned what we see occurring right now before our very eyes literally 25...THAT'S 25 YEARS AGO FOLKS! With 'ole Henry of the geesh-when-will-this-dude-die-from-old-age-already Kissenger reportedly going on record by saying, “only the first Scene of the first act of a drama that is to be played out.”

Kissinger on Egypt unrest – “This is only the first scene of the first act of a drama that is to be played out”

Source (just one of many on Google): Pris on Planet Link

No this was a well planned, well coordinated, multi-pronged attack that had NOTHING to do with PRO this, ANTI that! I refuse to now continue on doing the CRITICAL THINKING at the same time that I am DENYING IGNORANCE and present you the OP the challenge of learning and doing it yourself. However I will conclude by saying if you chose to go the easy/lazy way out with regards to your original post, and chose to go ahead and run with that...allowing that total piece of useless rubbish to form and shape your opinion on how you feel about what has and is happening over there.....lol then boy will you sure be surprised on what happens next on the global geopolitical stage

And I challenge the rest of my fellow ATS'ers....this is the game changer folks. This is the preamble for the NWO and the chessboard is being set. The BEST THING WE CAN DO FOR EACH OTHER is to resist making direct copy/paste dis/misinformation threads and then actually calling it news. I know personally that SOME OF US may be looking more and more towards ATS in the coming months in order to take advantage of, and benefit from the COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE that exists here in order to keep a pulse on TPTB next move and future plans through historical/present analysis. But the only way to foster such an environment is to discourage posting what I had mentioned above....raise the bar in reference to journalistic standards on here so that this place can further evolve if we are to even hope to have a chance in defeating those evil bastages!

Deny Ignorance (hopefully that term doesn't end up being just a catchy buzzword with no meaning)

NT

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
on TV I hear constant heavy firing, could be the military?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
tl;dr

something about the "NWO" i think..

Are you suggesting that what we're seeing now is some orchestrated attempt at global unrest by some kind of shadow conspiracy?

People revolting on their own behalf just isn't creative enough? There must be some higher power at play.

:/

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Yeah, Aljazeera reports the military have been firing large caliber rounds into the air constantly for the last hour. They have openly said they have no intention of harming the protesters so i guess they are just trying to scare people into enforcing the curfew

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by plexus

Yeah, Aljazeera reports the military have been firing large caliber rounds into the air constantly for the last hour. They have openly said they have no intention of harming the protesters so i guess they are just trying to scare people into enforcing the curfew

Why are they harrassing reporters then?

evanchill Made it back safe. Soldier tried to confiscate my camera. I convinced him to just take the battery, and the memory was hidden.
twitter.com...

Im not sure if military got involved or are trying to stop the battles on the streets.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I know there are numerous government agencies masquerading as other government agencies at the moment and causing a whole bunch of confusion really. It's literal chaos.. no one in the streets even really knows who's who, people just seem to be running around aimlessly.

I hope the military don't get involved, but as you say if they have been roughing up journalists and confiscating equipment it's the first signs of an overall larger event about to take place.

Aljazeera are also reporting large groups of men wearing balaclavas surrounding the outskirts of Liberation Square.

:/

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think the military should get involved to stop the violence and shoot back at the armed pro-mubarak group. And maybe you are right, if they taking away cameras that might be a hint at something not pleasant they are about to do.

CNN says the military remain passive and arent even sighted. This is so absurd, its like they are right there witnessing this horror and not doing anything about it, how will they live with themselves?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think i understand what's going on a bit better now, what about if the military said they would not harm protesters.. but, they would not get in the way of someone else harming the protesters.

Witness accounts are coming in of the army doing nothing to stop the gunfire earlier which killed 4.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Some of us think that this is like 1956 was for Hungary and Eastern Europe in general.
Except, they may just get their freedom from a more aged empire with much more humane face...

The recent thing is that there are pro-Mubarak protesters. Well, are they protesting against the other protestors?
I took the liberty of examining photos of both kinds of folks.
The Muba supporters, they look rich and healthy.
The average rioter looks like a dissatisfied Arab youth with bad health and a lot of books, with very meager resources, probably some good education, originally nonviolent - or only espousing violent words, no stones or stuff - but after a few days that may change.

The open expression of dissatisfaction in a community has a special place in Arab society just like Superbowl for America. Watch the old B/Wfilm "The Battle for Algiers" about the Algerians fight to freedom.

I sympathize with them deeply - I think they are spontaneous, and they have one common goal: remove the tyrant and help themselves as much as they can. They even installed some protective guards - the same happened in Hungary in 56. (Nothing was stolen from shops with cracked shopwindows - if a revolutionary took a piece of bread, he placed a coin there.

I am biased that it was Egyptian security that mangled up a few mummies and cracked a few windows merely to smear the revolutionaries. Looking at the pix again, it is not substantial damage.

Zahi Hawass... well. I'd like to meet the man. Guarder of the treasures for decades...

Let us hope theocratic rulers do not come out of the woodwork suddenly - but it would be hard for them to do so, since Egypt and especially El Qáhira is a center of more liberal, cosmopolitan, multifaceted culture, judging from music and books.
edit on 2/2/2011 by Kokatsi because: mainly spelling, a couple of clarification clauses

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What would happen if I went up to a soldier and asked him why they dont protect the unarmed civilians?

From facebook and tweeter there are large groups of anti-mubarak people coming from all places heading towards tahrir. If they are successful, they will attack the president's palace. I cant see this going any other way, Obama is not even showing compassion, but just indifferent in his voice.

Originally posted by Kokatsi
Let us hope theocratic rulers do not come out of the woodwork suddenly - but it would be hard for them to do so, since Egypt and especially El Qáhira is a center of more liberal, cosmopolitan, multifaceted culture, judging from music and books

Yeah I cant see that happening, Egyptians always favored liberal leaders and no one thinks theocratic rulers would be better than Mubarak. The culture is liberal by nature so that is true and people always condemned terrorism and islamic fundamentalists, even Muslim brotherhood are moderate by comparison to whats out there and they are the worst case scenario.

And if a situation keeps getting worse and worse then shouldnt the White House change its tactics?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
So lets close the Suez Canal then, since the world is none of our business too.

Fine, we'll just ship across the Indian and pacific oceans...

Let the EU worry about the Suez.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join