It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox hosts slam 'anti-Semitic, anti-American' al-Jazeera amid Egypt protests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmpathicBandit
oh come on now, EVERY news network has a "slant" towards their own country or "agenda" lets be honest if we're gonna take the blinders off now..

Yes, precisely.

And Al Jazeera's slant is pro-Islamist, anti-Israel, anti-America and anti-British. Just recognize it, and don't get lulled to sleep by some...seemingly...unbiased coverage of the uprising in Egypt. They will remain relatively quiet so long as "the street" is moving things toward the removal of Mubarek...and the increase in influence of the Muslim Brotherhood (and other Islamist factions).

If it starts to move the other way, you will begin to hear them speak up again - in keeping with their slant.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EmpathicBandit

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd love to hear some quotes from these so-called anti-west comments made on AJZ. I won't hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

oh come on now, EVERY news network has a "slant" towards their own country or "agenda" lets be honest if we're gonna take the blinders off now..

Yes, precisely.

And Al Jazeera's slant is pro-Islamist, anti-Israel, anti-America and anti-British. Just recognize it, and don't get lulled to sleep by some...seemingly...unbiased coverage of the uprising in Egypt. They will remain relatively quiet so long as "the street" is moving things toward the removal of Mubarek...and the increase in influence of the Muslim Brotherhood (and other Islamist factions).

If it starts to move the other way, you will begin to hear them speak up again - in keeping with their slant.

I haven't seen much anti anything from AJ..
Now the JPost is a different story..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd love to hear some quotes from these so-called anti-west comments made on AJZ. I won't hold my breath.

Nope, no bias at Al Jazeera...

newsbusters.org...

Just maybe the people who work(ed) there have a better idea than some of its cheerleaders on here.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

From the article..

What was even more interesting was Marash's assertion that the anti-American attitude came more from the British administrators than the Arabs at AJE.

Marash was the highest-profile American TV personality hired when the English language affiliate to Al-Jazeera was started two years ago in an attempt to compete with CNN and the BBC.

Many BBC employees have ended up at Al Jazeera and AJE. The British media are not generally known for positive portrayals of America and have a history of anti-US bias. It says quite a bit about the state of British journalism that it is totally believable that British administrators at Al Jazeera English were a greater source of anti-Americanism than the channel's Arab journalists.

did you even READ the article you posted??? this all points to british bias, NOT that of an objective (however arab slanted) news network.

Marash garnered considerable attention when he joined Al Jazeera English in January 2006 as the network's Washington, D.C. anchor,[1] thus becoming the de facto American face of the new English language station. Two years later, in March 2008, he stepped down from his position. Marash explained, "To put it bluntly, the channel that's on now — while excellent, and I plan to be a lifetime viewer — is not the channel that I signed up to do."[2] Specifically, he cited the loss of editorial control and his inability to vouch for content that the network was broadcasting, as reasons for his departure.[3]

WIKI SOURCE
edit on 2-2-2011 by EmpathicBandit because: to add wiki of david marash

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The only person of honest character left in news with a mind of their own is Glenn Beck from Fox. The rest of Fox and the rest from all of the other networks are robotic slaves to their corporate masters.
edit on 2-2-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
As Fox News is to the Right Wing Agenda...so is Al Jazeera to the Islamist Agenda.

Not exactly, Fox news is actually right-wing pro-authoritarian.

Russia Today is right-wing lower-authoritarian/libertarian.

Think of the ideology as a diamond shape, as opposed to a horizontal line with left wing and right-wing at the appropriate ends...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

did you even READ the article you posted??? this all points to british bias, NOT that of an objective (however arab slanted) news network.

Of course I read the article.

And, it clearly states that the network has an anti-American bias...which is my point. What difference does it make if that bias is coming from staffers with UK Passports ad/or the Arabs on their payroll? Hint...to stay on the payroll there you need to toe management's line (like at any network or company).

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

what it clearly states is that the anti-american attitude is not the view of the network, but the view of SOME of the journalists who work for/with the network... and those journalists aren't even of the same nationality as the network, how does that add up to the network itself being anti-american?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by Surfrat

O'LIEly? Is that you?

Yes Pinhead it's me
Think I'll go fishing at the beach tomorrow
Let me know if the world blows up

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

what it clearly states is that the anti-american attitude is not the view of the network, but the view of SOME of the journalists who work for/with the network... and those journalists aren't even of the same nationality as the network, how does that add up to the network itself being anti-american?

Groan...from the article...

He said there was a "reflexive adversarial editorial stance" against Americans at Al-Jazeera English

He quit, not because a few British journalists were showing bias, but because the editorial policy of the Network was biased.

Why are you so strident in your denial of this Network's angle? If you agree with their slant, so be it...but don't try to pretend the bias is not there, because it is.

That would be like trying to pretend that Bill O'Reilly does not have a pro-American bias in his commentary - of course he does!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Why are they panicking in the States? There's nothing wrong with Al-Jazeera. Seems to me that the hysteria in the American media is that they will have to 'eat their words' once the American public learns that Al-Jazeera isn't the terrorist loving, Jihad-backing, western hemisphere hating network the American government and media wants them to believe. I cannot wait for the American people to become 'awaken', so to speak.

Cheers from Stockholm :-)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Ah the irony. Funny that in this whole affair is that most people here in this forum are anti-gov (anti American Gov) but if an international outlet is anti-american-gov politics... ohhh the horror! Some quick jump to the conclusion that they are anti-american-people monster.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You all need to understand what is said in english on al jazeera is 1000% different than what is said in arabic. Go check out some of the videos from al jazeera at MEMRI.org
For some smart people, you are showing real ignorance on what "Al Taquia" (lie to the infidels) is...do your research folks...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join