It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox hosts slam 'anti-Semitic, anti-American' al-Jazeera amid Egypt protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Fox hosts slam 'anti-Semitic, anti-American' al-Jazeera amid Egypt protests

www.rawstory.com

As Americans flocked to the Middle East-based news network (or at least its website) in unprecedented numbers, and many praised the network for giving the Arab world a source of news not controlled by governments, the Fox News host went on a rant against the channel, arguing it's anti-Semitic and anti-American -- and therefore a hero of the American "far left."

On his show Tuesday night, O'Reilly said the network "contributed to the rise in anger in the Arab world" and "makes a living blaming most problems in the Middle East on the USA and Israel."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Aaaaaahahahaha...Thanks for the laugh.

Looks like some of the mainstream networks are beginning to get nervous, because they realize the entire planet knows they are nothing but corpomedia talking heads who are serving no purpose other than furthering on the agendas of their corporate masters, and now they are losing ratings to Al Jazeera! haha

But Shill O' LIEly is absolutely shameless with his propaganda and twisted views of reality. No surprise that he would try to paint Al Jazeera as the bad guys, as he realizes they do not endorse his bizzare neocon talking points of how the world should operate.

My guess is that he and the rest of the shills at Faux News, CNN, MSNBC and all of the other major networks masquerading as "news" are going to continue to see their ratings drop as more and more people wake up and realize JUST HOW MUCH these major networks are brainwashing their audiences with endless propaganda and NON news, causing them to begin switching to ALTERNATIVE news sites that actually carry REAL news.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

"makes a living blaming most problems in the Middle East on the USA and Israel."

I'm all for making a living telling the truth..
Seems 2010-2011 is gearing as the era of truth, what with these events and Wikileaks exposing the truth behind the lies..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
When you get close to the hornets nest you will get stung !

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
they have done some amazing coverage of recent events in egypt. it is a dang shame we have to go to foreign news channels to get the news. wtf is wrong here.
kx

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal. That is all.

Google that plus "Fox news" and this whole story makes a lot more sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
wow. i can't believe some people, you can tell they haven't even been watching AJ from what they are saying on there..

THIS is why i don't watch fox.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
As Fox News is to the Right Wing Agenda...so is Al Jazeera to the Islamist Agenda.

Just because a "disinformation network" like Al Jazeera takes an opposing view to an American network that, in your view, does the same thing...does not make them a bastion of the truth.

Al Jazeera is all anti-Israel/anti-America all the time. It does not present any kind of balance in its reporting, and so should be getting called out by the Deny Ignorance crowd as pointedly as Fox News coverage does (which does at least air voices dissenting to its main thrust) when it leans too far to the right.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
O'Reilly is the biggest tool I've even seen. He exemplifies what is wrong with journalism today.

Love seeing Letterman put him in his place..

edit on 2-2-2011 by endlessknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Wow, really? I don't think you've ever watched a single second of AJZ. Go watch their English live feed right now, it's the absolute best coverage of Egypt you will find. And not.one.single.word of opinion, about anything. No "Israel", no "America", nothing but news.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
O'Reilly is the biggest tool I've even seen. He exemplifies what is wrong with journalism today.

Love seeing Letterman put him in his place..

edit on 2-2-2011 by endlessknowledge because: (no reason given)

Great vid..I have new respect for Letterman..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This video content is off topic in relation to egypt and AJ but is another example of what a gigantic D bag this man is..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by mobiusmale

Wow, really? I don't think you've ever watched a single second of AJZ. Go watch their English live feed right now, it's the absolute best coverage of Egypt you will find. And not.one.single.word of opinion, about anything. No "Israel", no "America", nothing but news.

Well...yes I have. More than enough to know that they ave a decided Islamist slant and agenda. People call Fox out on its Right Wing Agenda...but then act as though Al Jazeera is lily white and neutral?

Take the blinders off please.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
oh come on now, EVERY news network has a "slant" towards their own country or "agenda" lets be honest if we're gonna take the blinders off now.. the fact of the matter is that this is quickly becoming a global issue and as such, should be covered unbiased (like AJ is doing at the moment) and not BLOCKED from view or SKEWED by a disagreeing and disapproving american outlet.
SURE AJ may be canted towards an arabic point of view.. DUH. that does not mean they are the equivalent of FOX news?? they are the ONLY network covering this issue live. now THAT says something about who's who in the world of media don't you think?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Absolutely shameless comments!
Everyone but you knows that Al Jazeera is anti - USA
If you want to see brainwashing's just look at the protesters
Fox does a good job as do other US networks. We have a lot of choices.
Just keep believing the dribble coming out of your Al Jazeera propaganda machine.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
As Fox News is to the Right Wing Agenda...so is Al Jazeera to the Islamist Agenda.

Just because a "disinformation network" like Al Jazeera takes an opposing view to an American network that, in your view, does the same thing...does not make them a bastion of the truth.

Al Jazeera is all anti-Israel/anti-America all the time. It does not present any kind of balance in its reporting, and so should be getting called out by the Deny Ignorance crowd as pointedly as Fox News coverage does (which does at least air voices dissenting to its main thrust) when it leans too far to the right.

I assume you've never seen Al Jazeera from what you say! I can't watch their TV, but I read their website all the time, and no, they're not what you say.
You're talking nonsense.
V.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Everyone but you knows that Al Jazeera is anti - USA

why dont you go start a poll thread and we'll see who is for or against al jazeera.. i can CLEARLY see the exaggeration in "everyone" but come on now..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

O'LIEly? Is that you?

Man, that was some serious PWNage by Letterman.

On a serious note--NONE of the news outlets are entirely free of their own slant and interests, including AJ. But does that make them anti-semitic, and anti-American, as this blowhard is bellowing?

It's funny, because in all of the recent coverage, they seem to be almost THE only station behaving like a NEWS station. And honestly, I don't trust ANY station LESS than Faux news, although I distrust ALL stations. lol

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

On a serious note--NONE of the news outlets are entirely free of their own slant and interests, including AJ. But does that make them anti-semitic, and anti-American, as this blowhard is bellowing?

It's funny, because in all of the recent coverage, they seem to be almost THE only station behaving like a NEWS station. And honestly, I don't trust ANY station LESS than Faux news, although I distrust ALL stations. lol

Yes, every news outlet is bias..
Only their slant and degree of bias changes...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join