It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removed from Hoax Bin?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Dialog...

Tis a wonderful thing

Now I am back on the fence on this one... seems I too jumped the gun

I have to admit I never even checked most of it out yet, when I see 'proof' followed by 'hoax' followed by 'debunked' followed by 'debunking debunked' its just too much to take in at once, I guess I have my homework for tonight.

Thank you Professor Z

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I was under the impression that the whole point of this website was for open discussion of the truth of various claims.

When staff start making judicial kinds of decisions as to what is no longer allowed to be discussed because it's not true, already a line has been crossed that makes no sense to me.

I see plenty of things that don't make sense to me on this website, but I've always been perfectly comfortable trying to discern fact from fiction on my own, and with help from member posts. I feel like it's an insult to my intelligence when a mod comes along and officially labels something a "HOAX" and trashes the thread before I can even make my own mind up. I feel like ATS is starting to try to mother me.
edit on 3-2-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by bsbray11

Amen!

My thoughts exactly.

Deny ignorance!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

hoaxes are discussed in the hoax section. we're not stopping the discussion, just not giving the hoaxers any reason to believe their junk is legit.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by bsbray11

hoaxes are discussed in the hoax section. we're not stopping the discussion, just not giving the hoaxers any reason to believe their junk is legit.

That explains why threads are moved to the hoax pile, but there are times, and I cant link to a thread for obvious reasons, where a thread is out and out deleted, with no chance for a hoax-nonhoax discussion. This is understandable if its a repeat hoax or a topic in violation of the TnC, but what I think bsbray is asking, and I am wondering too, why would a thread be trashed and removed just because of the hoax-iness of it, because it does occur from time to time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join