It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mystery Crop Plague, Monsanto, And The Threat To The Entire Food Chain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Is Roundup - Monsanto's glyphosate-based herbicide causing Sudden Death Syndrome?

Sudden Death Syndrome is a serious plant disease, in many fields; A threat to the food supply world wide.

Yet following many different stories in the news we are lead to think no one really knows the cause.

However if we look beyond the surface of mainstream news reporting... a dark picture emerges,
one of a storm looming that has the potential to bring about a world wide food shortage, and potentially famine.

This is urgent, and now the approval by the USDA of Monsantos new Alfalfa 7
the storm has never loomed so large.

Investigators Baffled As Wheat Fields Wither

The Oregon Department of Agriculture and Oregon State University are investigating the yellowing of upward of 40,000 acres of wheat in Umatilla and Morrow counties. So far, the cause is a mystery

www.capitalpress.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72030487bd7a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca8c59691cac.jpg[/atsimg]

The latest reports out on several staple crops reveals the devastating and unprecedented impact that Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide is having on the health of our soil, and harvests.

A sobering connect the dots

Dr. Don Huber walked past a soybean field and noticed a distinct line separating severely diseased yellowing soybeans on the right from healthy green plants on the left (see photo). The yellow section was suffering from Sudden Death Syndrome (SDS), a serious plant disease that ravaged the Midwest in 2009 and ’10, driving down yields and profits. Something had caused that area of soybeans to be highly susceptible.

Don Huber spent 35 years as a plant pathologist at Purdue University and knows a lot about what causes green plants to turn yellow and die prematurely. He asked the seed dealer why the SDS was so severe in the one area of the field and not the other. “Did you plant something there last year that wasn’t planted in the rest of the field?” he asked. Sure enough, precisely where the severe SDS was, the dealer had grown alfalfa, which he later killed off at the end of the season by spraying a glyphosate-based herbicide (such as Roundup). The healthy part of the field, on the other hand, had been planted to sweet corn and hadn’t received glyphosate.

Sudden Death Syndrome is more severe at the ends of rows, where Roundup dose is strongest. Photo by Amy Bandy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebafcdc7288a.png[/atsimg]

This was yet another confirmation that Roundup was triggering SDS. In many fields, the evidence is even more obvious. The disease was most severe at the ends of rows where the herbicide applicator looped back to make another pass (see photo). That’s where extra Roundup was applied.

The diseased field on the right had glyphosate applied the previous season. Photo by Don Huber
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2dd2428914c6.png[/atsimg]url

Wheat affected after 10 years of glyphosate field applications
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e7827ab4090.jpg[/atsimg]

Corn, Wheat, Soy, and next up? Alfalfa!

But again, this is not being reported in the news!

A child investigates Monsanto - One Of The Best Informative Videos Ever Made.

Study after study shows that not only is glyphosate contributing to the huge
increase in SDS but also to the outbreak of numerous other diseases.

responsibletechnology.org...

But insidiously, the herbicide does not kill the plants directly.

What it does do is cause a unique perfect storm of conditions activating
disease causing organisms in the soil, while at the same time wiping out plant defenses against those diseases!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5bf883784ff.jpg[/atsimg]
eatdrinkbetter.com...

In fact, Roundup herbicide weakens plants and promotes disease in a number of ways, including:

•Acting as a chelator of vital nutrients, depriving plants of the nutrients necessary for healthy plant function
•Destroying beneficial soil organisms that suppress disease-causing organisms and help plants absorb nutrients
•Interfering with photosynthesis, reducing water use efficiency, shortening root systems and causing plants to release sugars, which changes soil pH
•Stunting and weakening plant growth
•Promoting disease-causing organisms in soil, which then overtake the weakened crops

www.foodconsumer.org...

There are more than 40 diseases of crop plants that are reported to increase with the use of glyphosate

Residues of Monsanto's Roundup herbicide found in GM food and feed have also been linked to cell damage and even death.
www.responsibletechnology.org...

powerpointparadise
www.capitalpress.com...

Related Above Top Secret Thread: In A Stunning Reversal USDA Approves Monsanto GMO Alfalfa 7

It is the soil, the plants, the animals, and yes- you and I, the entire human population under seige

"Monsanto - No Food Shall Be Grown That We Dont Own"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/766ce50c07c0.jpg[/atsimg]

If your concerned, please share this with everyone you know.

edit on 2-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

edit on 2-2-2011 by minigunner because: Double post

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting post, but I feel as though I am missing something here.

So, in retrospect, Monsanto as we know, is forcing their hand towards a monopoly on crops and seeds. Heirloom seeds from plants other than monsanto put farmers on a Monsanto Blacklist which in return does not allow them to carry Monsanto for the future, which in turn suffocates the farmer if they are later unable to plant a seed not from Monsanto; this is becoming much harder these days as many are reporting the struggle to acquire seed from producers competing with Monsanto. Plus, if the farmer does plant this seed, there is reporting that farms on either side plant monsanto, which in turn infects the non-monsanto crop.

So if the farmer does choose Monsanto seeds, sprays Roundup, which kills the crops. Monsanto has made money on both crop seed and pesticide, but the farmer has zero yield to money spent on dead crop, also suffocating the farmer.
So if the farmer is unable to turn a profit from their crops, then they won't be able to purchase more seed or pesticide. So wouldn't this be counter productive for Monsanto?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Excellent post

It's only a matter of time until we get the desired depopulation TPTB want to achieve per their inscription on the Georgia Guidestones.

I am so sick at heart over the machinations of Monsanto that there are no words to express. Total sterility in lab animals in 3 generations. How man generations of humans?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to [url= by minigunner[/url]

Good question... But it is based on wrong assumptions.

You assume the goal is profit.

The real goal is depopulation.

This is so horrendous a conclusion most peoples minds shut down. But as you follow the money time and time again you come across this horrible truth.

They want total control and depopulation. They already have more money than God. Now they are playing at being gods.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
monsanto is honestly one of the worst, if not the top dog, worst companies to ever exercise power on earth. they are literally on the way to putting all vegetables to extinction. i believe the mass bee deaths are attributed to monsantos pesticides and herbicides. since monsanto thinks it owns the world, it makes poison-proof plants that are made to fight of poisons. since only their plants are immune, only their plants live after they dump poison over acres and acres,,,,bees are not immune to this poison and they regulate all the flora in the world, and monsanto is killing them, which effectively promotes their agenda of non-pollination and thus more power over crops and ,,, once again..... more money. it's allllll about the money.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

Well thats a really good question, and I am glad you asked.

The key to the answer is twofold.

One, is knowing that the Roundup ready crops perform better than a non GMO seed with
with the previous applications of Roundup, aka glyphosate

Also, add in the extra fertilizer that is needed which Monsanto also has under wraps...
and then it makes sense.
www.energybulletin.net...
www.sourcewatch.org...

Oh, and that and the fact that Monsanto may not only have on its agenda to make $$$$
edit on 2-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I did consulting work for then in the mid 90's. Google: pcb monsanto. I signed a confidentiality agreement, so you'll have to look on your own.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

you're hot.

All crops are being taken over by Monsanto's new strains. Soon everyone will have to pay Monsanto if they grow crops, because Monsanto has the patents.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

www.washingtonpost.com...
like i said before loook up monsanto on wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...
look at all the # theyre doin! controversy after controversy
Like my bro praze said the ONLY thing that explains monsantos actions is DEpopulation ,
This IS happening people no iffs no buts , they want us to starve to death.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The straw that broke the camels back ....
Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was chairman and chief executive officer of G. D. Searle & Co., which Monsanto purchased in 1985. Rumsfeld personally made at least $12 million USD from the transaction.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i've posted this link ever time i see some thing about monsanto, i feel it is a must read.
check out the last paragraph on page 5 some heavy weight name tied to them.
www.vanityfair.com...
edit on 2-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: didn;t post link right

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

did you have any thing to do with pensacola plant, i live just down the road from there.
lot of stuff had changed and been done there

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Its possible, even logical that this is one of the ways they could regulate,
"depopulate".

www.responsibletechnology.org...

That article is by Jeff Smith whom I quoted in my OP.

"This study was just routine," said Russian biologist Alexey V. Surov, in what could end up as the understatement of this century. Surov and his colleagues set out to discover if Monsanto's genetically modified (GM) soy, grown on 91% of US soybean fields, leads to problems in growth or reproduction. What he discovered may uproot a multi-billion dollar industry.

After feeding hamsters for two years over three generations, those on the GM diet, and especially the group on the maximum GM soy diet, showed devastating results. By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies. They also suffered slower growth, and a high mortality rate among the pups.

And if this isn't shocking enough, some in the third generation even had hair growing inside their mouths--a phenomenon rarely seen, but apparently more prevalent among hamsters eating GM soy.

Surov said “The low numbers in F2 [third generation] showed that many animals were sterile.”

And the last thing in the world is to want hair in my mouth.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to [url= by burntheships[/url]

There is a breakdown in the DNA. Monsanto is playing God but don't know what they are doing.

It is real life Jurassic park only dispersed throughout the world. This is scarrier than dinosaurs. They can be hunted and killed. This cannot be stopped and can end humanity.

Like Carlin said, the planet doesn't need saving - we do!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Monsanto. I imagine plenty of people have an idea of what these folks are up to. But even if you've never heard of them, there's no shortage of coincidental evidence that they are up to no good.

I'll tell you a personal story, though it may be a little off topic. I work at a luxury resort on a tropical island. A couple months ago Monsanto rented out the resort to host a retreat for their top muckety-mucks. The most striking thing to me was that at every event they put on, armed security formed a perimeter. We're talking about a little island with an extremely low crime rate, where most people don't even know what these folks are up to. If you've ever seen guys in aloha shirts with large bulges under their arms and wires coming out their ears, then you can understand when I say that "like a sore thumb" doesn't even cover it.

We were told in no uncertain terms that the word "Monsanto" was to never be spoken. We were to refer to them as the "Master" group. How cryptic is that? Who do these clowns think they are? Can't be too proud of their jobs if we can't even say what company they work for, huh?

In any event, word got out about who they really were, and people showed up in droves to protest them, even on this small island. I must say, seeing the CEO get confronted and harassed while trying to lay out by the pool with his wife while on vacation was a special thing. Even if you've never heard of this company in your life, the fact that their people can't even go on vacation without a ring of armed guards and a promise that the corporation they work for will never be named would indicate that you must be up to no good.

I was heartened by the protests over their presence, and glad to know that I wasn't the only one who knew what these jokers were up to, but that was before I listened in on some of their meetings (but that's a whole other thread). Anyway, yeah, these guys are absolutely wrecking the planet, and they apparently know it, but hey, they're getting paid real good money to do it, so who cares? Got a new Mercedes in the driveway. Isn't that the goal here?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Money, yes and what in the world else?
I just finished reading about the sterility that GMO soy causes...

Got to thinking that nearly every processed food these days contains
textured vegetable protein....made from.....soy.

And nearly 90% of the soy is GMO.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What about GMO corn and corn sugar?

Then rewatch Lady GaGa's video Telephone and see the real message.

These globalists will put on super hero costumes and dance over our dead bodies. Obama peace prize and cheney what???

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
i agree that it has to be about depopulation...killing everything cant be good for profit, even if you own it all...dead crops cant make money, and there will be less money if everyone is dead, so it HAS to be about depopulation...the revolution should begin here...there is no difference between government and corporations, so we need some Egyptian-style protests to destroy everything Monsanto...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Yes, yes. Seeds of Deception.

I have to love this Jeff Smith, hand it to him hands down.
Of course his reading is nothing like Dancing with the Stars...

And how about those Redskins..?

However, he is here again delivering the goods.

Genetically Modified Corn Study Reveals
Health Damage and Cover-up

By Jeffrey M. Smith, author of Seeds of Deception

When a German court ordered Monsanto to make public a controversial 90-day rat study on June 20, 2005, the data upheld claims by prominent scientists who said that animals fed the genetically modified (GM) corn developed extensive health effects in the blood, kidneys and liver and that humans eating the corn might be at risk. The 1,139 page research paper on Monsanto’s “Mon 863” variety also revealed that European regulators accepted the company’s assurances that their corn is safe, in spite of the unscientific and contradictory rationale that was used to dismiss significant problems. In addition, the study is so full of flaws and omissions, critics say it wouldn’t qualify for publication in most journals and yet it is the primary document used to evaluate the health impacts.
www.seedsofdeception.com...

Is it time for the Franken corn yet?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join