It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unrest in Cairo, CNN Arabic feed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Unrest in Cairo, CNN Arabic feed

www.cnn.com

LIVE: Unrest in Cairo | CNN Arabic
Reporter: Anchor 'beaten like hell'
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Wed Feb 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

edit on 2/2/11 by argentus because: Headline change

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i cant belive this guys a live feed molotive cocktailes being thrown all around gunshots i saw a guy get caught on fire. its up right now do not know when it wil be taken down no audio i guess its really sad i wanted to visit there someday well that dream is ''burnt to the ground now. what are your thoughts and if you could post updates for people who arent around we need to stay up to date on this guys.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OMG I hope this is wrong.....all those treasures being lost! As for the news people getting thier butts kicked......well.....save the museum!! J/K
Seriously though, this is a sad situation.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't understand the language (could there be a link in English), also no images showing the musem.
I would like to know more about this if you have sources. If this is happening it is a really sad thing, I am hoping its isn't so.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

Your links just take me to a live feed from Egypt and it's hard to tell what I'm looking at...but I'll tell you, if those mid east people keep destroying the World's antiquities I'm going to stop thinking nice thoughts about them. And I mean it too.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
yeah this could be real bad. i don't know what museum it is or anything, but throughout history this has always proven to a really bad idea. the amount of knowledge that was lost in the library of alexandria makes me want to just,, die.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is more than civil unrest. This has been happening all over the place. our time will come also

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Fires are also burning around the museum and molotov cocktails are being thrown in the direction of the museum

Vehicles burn in front of Cairo's Egyptian Museum

Is all I can find on the latest news feeds, nothing saying the museum itself is on fire yet.
www.jsonline.com...
cnn

The museum is Cairo's Egyptian Museum, also called the National Museum.
en.wikipedia.org...

There are several artifacts & more there , one of the most notable being tutankhamun's
edit on 2-2-2011 by JustCurious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was afraid of this. It's irreplaceable, and invaluable. They've put fires out near it earlier today, but they are not out now. However, the fires seem to be in front of it, but not on the structure itself, as far as I can tell.

The museum contains 107 halls.

The Museum also comprises a photography section and a large library. The Egyptian museum comprises many sections arranged in chronological order

The first section houses Tutankhamon’s treasures.
The second section houses the pre-dynasty and the Old Kingdom monuments.
The third section houses the first intermediate period and the Middle Kingdom monuments.
The forth section houses the monuments of the Modern Kingdom.
The fifth section houses the monuments of the late period and the Greek and Roman periods.
The sixth section houses coins and papyrus.
The seventh section houses sarcophagi and scrabs.

A hall for the royal mummies was opened at the museum, housing eleven kings and queens. More than a million and half tourists visit the museum annually, in addition to half a million Egyptians.

Source:www.touregypt.net...

edit on 2/2/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
All Egypt must stop this. Renounce Jihad.

End Jihad now. You are deceived!

Come back to the West. Hurry.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I heard a report on bbc from an english egypitan actor, who is stuck in the square rigth now. He said when the pro president protesters came earlier they where been guided by a laser into the big crowds. and he reckons it was a plan by the govt.

He was reporting from his phone on bbc news 24. I avnt got a link because i was watching live on skly.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Calm down! it's not the Cairo Egyptian museum that is burning.

They said on CNN and Al Jazeera that it was a residential building close by!

And it was the pro-Mubarak thugs who started to throw Molotovs towards the building and its courtyard.

The military is using the National Museum and its yard and parking-lot as their temporary HQ.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLEEBABYLON
This is more than civil unrest. This has been happening all over the place. our time will come also

Yes. I agree. And I don't think most westerners get this yet.

As my signature has always said, what goes around comes around.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you !

Just keep saying it

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
the inevitable racheting up of the social unrest...

15 minutes of fame...frame of mind at work.. or else the despicables doing deeds they would not normally
do, just because they can possibly get-away with it, and hide out---but brag later on

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
All Egypt must stop this. Renounce Jihad.

End Jihad now. You are deceived!

Come back to the West. Hurry.

Lol .... this is really funny.

You know what, if Israel and their strange leader Netanyahooooohooo would have come out and supported the call for Democracy instead of backing a corrupt old douchbag, then maybe some of the protestors would have welcomed the intervention of the 'West'

So long as nut jobs like him seek to quell the uprising the west will be shunned.

What the dimwit should have done is offer to send help to the uprising.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
From reading this thread I am relieved to hear that there is not an actual museum burning (yet).
This whole week I have been dreading news like this. The Library of Alexandria burning was, in my eyes, one of the biggest disasters in history, with all of the knowledge lost for the generations to come. These musuems dont house irreplacable knowledge, but the artifacts housed there certainly are. I would just hope that the fire prevention systems are good enough (do they even have fire prevention systems? I've only ever been to US musuems)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxJoey

That's incredible. The fire is right outside of the museum according to the anchor woman. Could you imagine a large fire being allowed to continue burning in front of the Smithsonian?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Petrol bombs thrown at protest near Egypt Museum

(Reuters) - Petrol bombs were thrown in Cairo's Tahrir Square on Wednesday, a Reuters witness said. An Egyptologist said some had landed in the gardens of a museum housing the world's greatest collection of Pharaonic treasures.

The Egyptian museum itself however was unscathed.

The Egyptologist, who had been in contact with Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, said it seemed the petrol bombs were being thrown by protesters demonstrating in favour of President Hosni Mubarak.

www.reuters.com...

They were NEAR the museum, there are no substantiated reports of the museum being damaged at all except for the first day of protesting when some items were looted.

Can a moderator please edit this thread appropriately? including the spelling in the title.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Could you imagine a million uncontrollable people in a small part of a large city?

When the people take control, anything is possible.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join