It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by atomicn
So USA didn't get nominated for starting 2 wars and bringing nothing but destruction in the name of greed?

Damn maybe next time usa maybe next time.

Obama got the peace prize less than a month after sending more troops into Afghanistan, doesn't that count?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Love it!!! Truth tellers are awesome! Wikki leaks is a class act...they are careful with what they post... and tell enough truth to let everyone know that there is alot going on that the big bad boys don't want anyone to know! Give them a Nobel Peace Prize...it is well deserved!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Weird world. Obama once wins the prize, the owner of wikileaks faces charges but in retrospect the possibility of award is at hand. Drama! Can a person elect out of sanity and become part of the establishment by electing insanity as a trademark of lifestyle? Weirder every day!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
WOW!! The Nobel Peace Prize has seriously become a joke. First Obama, who has caused more of a divide in the American people than G.W.Bush and Abe Lincoln rolled into one. Now Asange gets nominated and will probably win? WTF is going on in this world? I swear, every day our civilization is becoming more and more like Springfield from The Simpsons. Just a bunch of idiots with mob rule. Asange getting the Nobel Peace Prize is JUST like Homer Simpson getting the Pulitzer way back in the Mr.X episode.

I want to get off this rock man. People around here are making me ill. I think I'm going to start spamming NASA and the Air Force and Naval Space Commands emails BEGGING them to let me voulunteer the rest of my life to go work in one of their Lunar mining colonies just to get the hell out of here. I would rather put in 40 years hard graft up on the moon, than live amongst today's society on Earth. YOU'RE ALL SIMPSONS CHARACTERS!!!! And I love the Simpsons as a show, but it's the last place I'd want to live.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by smthngmssnghr.

Just as a soldier sacrifices himself for the greater good of peace, so must we all enter dangerous scenarios to further the greater good of ourselves and society at large. Peace is an ideal of society in the same way happiness is the ideal of individuals. How do we arrive at either peace or happiness? We go through hell.

Yes, you are exactly right, but only in theory.

The problem is we are dealing with reality here.
The truth is, there is no way you, or any one else for that matter, can ever guarantee that for every weapon we lay down in the name of peace, the enemy will do the same.
No way!
In fact, they won't hesitate in picking up that weapon and using it against you.

Same can be said about any of the wikileaked Top Secret documents.

Also, what makes you so sure the enemy even wants peace?

The road to peace always originates from two opposite and separate directions and both travelers must be willing to begin the journey and meet somewhere in middle.

Sadat was assasinated for just simply thinking about the possibility of peace with Israel.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
How stupid has the conspiracy community became, everything and anything in this world can be controlled.
You think the individuals that have been in control of civilization since the beginning of the modern era, have been outwitted by a stupid front like wikileaks?
what if they cottoned on to the fact that more and more people were taking heed of the conspiracy and they instead put the conspiracy out themselves in order to make us believe what we want.
we are sheep, always will be.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Unfortunately, you may be right. Peace isnt something natural selection dictates, nor something God seems to call for. Either theory you choose, that of an intelligent creator, or nature, both theories call for groupsto compete violently to kill each other off, so they can dominate the gene pool.

The elite have always embraced this. The masses claim they long for peace, but their behaviors in general and lust for violence in sports and other entertainment says otherwise.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Also, what makes you so sure the enemy even wants peace?

The road to peace always originates from two opposite and separate directions and both travelers must be willing to begin the journey and meet somewhere in middle.

Sadat was assasinated for just simply thinking about the possibility of peace with Israel.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the Middle East peace processes, but making an effort to learn more. I do know the CIA has a hand in the cookie jar, so to speak. And what the hell IS the CIA? Do they bring justice, raw and unfiltered data, terror? Isn't every president privy to the most up-to-date agendas of the country's extensive institutions, or lack there of?

'Maybe integrity is a non-issue. Maybe the function for peace involves oppression,' thinks some politician. And nothing is done, spoken, or acknowledged where it can be avoided, and less weighty thoughts become a mental commodity.

We have blue prints of the "building blocks of life", or DNA, for what it's worth. Does such a blue print for morality exist? Can it exist? I think it does exist, in myriad contexts, and to this day is standing monumentally. Sometimes when it is even worse for it to exist, being judged by the misfortunes it storms us with.

This is why religious wars are the ultimate show of power in world politics.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smthngmssnghr
And what the hell IS the CIA? Do they bring justice, raw and unfiltered data, terror? Isn't every president privy to the most up-to-date agendas of the country's extensive institutions, or lack there of?

I would just like to say. The CIA has MANY things that go on that the presidents don't know anything about. There are about 38 levels above the "top secret" clearance, and NO president has ever had access to that information. The President is nothing more than a representative puppet of the higher-ups that run the show behind the curtain. The common misconception is that the president calls all the shots, and everything goes through him before it's approved. This is false. The intelligence agencies all work for themselves, and all have their own separate agendas, whatever that may be.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Obama got the peace prize less than a month after sending more troops into Afghanistan, doesn't that count?

Come on now, be truthful.

Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for having good intentions.

Al Gore got his for a wicked PowerPoint presentation.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2011 by apodictic because: ridiculous mods lalalala

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
heres another

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Wikileaks nominated for Nobel Peace Prize,

What kind of prize do they deserve? It's not anything to do with peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
and sometimes i really do love my government ... cuz of stuff like this .

they got my personal vote for this ... even tho my knowlage of wikileaks is rather limited i heard also that the site is trying to do the right thing .. people should not be left in the dark over important matters and i think there should be no such thing as top secret government paperowork ....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
they got my personal vote for this ... even tho my knowlage of wikileaks is rather limited i heard also that the site is trying to do the right thing ..

aaaaaaaand this is why they're nominated. LOL

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by SalemRaven

WOW another one

So far I've only seen about 3 other people on here who can see wikileaks for what it is. It's starting to get really sad how hard it is to convince these people that they're being lied to, even with all the pieces of the puzzle clearly put in front of them they continue to act like a retarded child and not realize how to put them together.

Because in order to convince people you need proof...!!

Just saying it is true and connect the dots isn't enough. Anyone can connect any dots to anything and come up with a conspiracy about anything.

All you have are assumptions from things that you believe you see and then go telling people it is hard fact. Try taking off your tinfoil hat or a little while and do some real digging, then find 110% proof of your claims and get back to us with your own mind blowing expose.

Maybe you'll get the next Nobel Peace Prize....LOL

Innocent until "PROVEN", guilty.

And the Jewish connection? Where is it? Sorry I don't see it. They are as many non-Jews on that trust as there are Jews. Not all of the world elite are Jewish, in fact there are only a small percentage that are.

Like I said, calling people dumb for not seeing what you are seeing is arrogant and naive. Because if your the only person seeing it, then there is most likely nothing to see. There are many, many highly intelligent people on these boards and to claim that your more intelligent than them because they just don't see what you are seeing should be a warning sign that you may need to seek some sort of help. It isn't healthy to have delusions of grandeur...

And anyway, what if what your saying is true...!?! Who cares...? Not me that's for sure..!! They can do no worse that those in power today. A one world Government would probably make this planet a much better place to live. And most Jewish people I know are some of the nicest people I know.

As long as they continue to fund environmental issues after they take over and help clean the planet up, I really don't give a stuff what else they do.

And if some Aussie dude wants to rule the world...More power to him..lol

I'd be proud to know that one of my own kind holds everyone elses balls in his hands for the crushing...LOLOL
edit on 2/3/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

The problem with people is no one questions ANYTHING. YOU NEED TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, FOR THE LAST TIME. Do you understand that? I DIDN'T COME HERE TO GIVE PROOF. I came to tell people DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH so you can find out YOURSELF. But obviously, no one chooses to do that. They "hear that assange is telling the truth" so, he's telling the truth! I've posted multiple videos in this thread that describe the falsehood that he spreads, you choose to ignore it. I posted a video of Assange admitting that he keeps selective truths in his leaks, you choose to ignore that. Live blindly, it's your life.

www.siasat.pk...

www.natvan.com...

mahamatzav.org...

A small percentage they may be, but they are the most powerful and control EVERYTHING IN THE COUNTRY. My god, dude.

I'd also like to see where I claimed to be more intelligent than anyone else? Oh wait, you can't show me that? Then STFU and stop putting words in my mouth.

It's plainly obvious, however, that you lack the intelligence (or maybe the motivation?) to research on your own. Instead, you choose to be a SHEEP and follow what everyone says. Oh, this guy has the secrets of the world? MUST BE TRUE. I have found connections of Julian Assange to Zionist Jews. However, like I've previously sated, it takes a long time of research. You find one thing, that leads to you researching something else, so on and so forth until you put the pieces together. Sorry that I don't have a folder of saved documents for you to gander at. I was researching for the truth for MYSELF. If you choose not to believe it, FINE. That doesn't change the fact that the information that's out there is freely accessible, you have to find it. Stay out of my #ing face and keep it to yourself big guy. I don't CARE what you people believe anymore. The human race is #ed because of sheep like you who thinks a one world government would be just dandy.

Edit: And I am NOT the only person seeing it. If you would READ the thread besides the FIRST PAGE, you would see there are multiple people on here who know WikiLeaks is a shill. We are just in the minority, that doesn't give us any less credit than someone who follows blindly.

So now I ask you, where is YOUR proof? Where's the proof that he's credible? Where's the proof that EVERY SINGLE THING in EVERY SINGLE LEAK is the truth? Can you provide me with that? If you can't provide me with that, then you're pretty hypocritical.

It's a #ing psy-op that you're falling for completely, of course there isn't going to be one page of blatant evidence saying so. That would defeat the entire purpose wouldn't it?

PLEASE stfu and don't come back here and whine. I left this thread cause I'm tired of these people riding Assange's balls like he's some #ing messiah
edit on 3-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Mate I'm not falling for anything...

I just don't give a rats ears...!!

I have no beef with anyone who wants to rule the world. Like I said, they'll probably do a better job than the current bunch of losers. Hell If I had a Trillion, Trillion Dollars, I would set about owning the world too.

M8 JA is just a dude, like everyone else. And remember he's only the founder of Wikileaks, there are people doing this work, not just him. Mostly just normal people like you and me, sitting on computers digging and looking for dirt. Just like the average people on ATS.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

It's just all psychological warfare bro. I don't mean to get angry I just hate seeing intelligent people fall for this kind of # and follow Assange like a messiah. There are plenty of TRUE whistleblowers out there that don't get ANY credibility like Assange does. He's hyped up on the media for a reason. You'll never see any REAL whistleblowers on there. Just think about that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join