It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your level of education?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Dropped out of college after finishing my first year and joined the Marine Corps. After that I realized I learned way more reading books and having conversations with people than I ever learned in my 13 years of schooling. The educational system is only a giant scam designed to bleed you dry of your money and indoctrinate you into socioeconomic norms designed to make you feel inferior in the "real world" unless you have enough money to buy your way to the top.
edit on 21-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by piercebitchone

Um, sorry to say, you spelled "shills" incorrectly.
ETA- B.S. Communications.

edit on 1/21/12 by scooterstrats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
I think it has been said several times already...but I don't put a lot of thought into how educated someone is or not...and that is only because one of the most brilliant people I know dropped out of hight school and never went back...my dad!

He made sure I went to college...got a degree...only because the world seemed to require me to!

Later on in life...I went back for a second degree...and now I am working on a third!

So being educated in a certain field is important...and does help the way you view the world and the people in it...but I don't think it puts a person above or below another.

AS in Sociology.

AA in Social Science.

BA in progress...Social Science too!

EASA certified high voltage electrician (up to 24,000 volts)

Lots of certificates in all kinds of silly things...helps boost up the resume!

You have managed to combine both "soft" sciences (i hate using that term), such as social science, and some technical sciences such as your certification as an electrician. A lot people shy away from a path like that, finding comfort in the routine that each topic area provides. I think learning about topics that seem opposite is really when the learning takes place. It gets those neurons really firing!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
BS in Civil Engineering. After 2 internships I no longer work in the field but rather in one that makes me happy.

"Intelligence and wisdom are not the same thing" holds very true to a college degree. I know many people who have dropped out of college that are more intelligent and wise beyond their years.
edit on 21-1-2012 by dymiox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join