It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your level of education?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

He charges $200 an hour.

Where is the hour?

I think a lot of lawyers are as criminal as someone who robs you.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Education? Wow, okay, but nothing beats hard work and well founded experience. Degrees just prove that you can retain and regurgitate at will.

So:

8 O Level grades 1970s
Bachelors Degree in Avioncs Studies
Masters Degree in Aerospace Engineering
Higher National Diploma in Total Quality Management
Higher National Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
NVQ 5 in Engineering Management

Hate maths and cannot spell to save my life.
These are just words on paper. I did not start learning until I started working. You learn by doing.
My first serious lesson was learned after watching all our Chinooks go to the sea bed (18 Sqn) and thinking, "damn, a few minutes earlier and those Argies would have got me too".

Take it from me, it is nice to have degrees on your wall, but you really learn from life itself.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I am experienced, and experience counts a lot.

But I do enjoy seeing people enjoy their accomplishments. If I had worked to earn a Ph.D. i think i would have it tattooed on my back. That's a major feat. The degree, not the tattoo.

Education is an unfair thing. Not everyone gets one, or gets a good one. What we make of the education we are given counts for so much. Some people turn their back, throw it away or all too often never have a position in the field that their college career prepared them for.

If you are raised by college educated parents you will probably attend schools of higher learning. Not everyone has adult guidance to point out the importance of education as they grow up.

Some people barely need to crack a book while others have to study and memorize until their eyes run and their head aches. Life is funny, but like who does or does not get an education, it is not fair.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I found out they where using electroinc mind control in london schools in 1992, while doing my alevels. I gave up when i found out and left a year later, after not bothering doing any more homework.

All you people with phd's, did you stumble across them using electroinc mind control in schools, lol?

Tell me all the phd people, how many secrets did you ever find out?
lol
edit on 2/3/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
None, zero, negative, no level. Did not graduate from high school, I never fit in, so I skipped hight school and pretty much all school's and everything else, was always a loner, in all things including school. I didn't like learning didn't fell right and something was always bugging me, so I just took off. Though the funny part is, I skipped school, and usually ended up at the library, reading more books and learning about things, then I would do in actual school, such has always been my fate, trying to avoid something, then ending up doing more of whatever I was trying to avoid in another way, thus by defeating the whole dam purpose of avoiding it in the first place.

Other then that, the school of hard knocks, were most of the people who I hanged around with are dead or in jail, and just life in general, I can interpret energy pretty easy, or gather info pretty easy just by opening up and looking at things. Did not even get my ged because I freaking hate doing math, and am to lazy to relearn all that crap I never used or will use, even though it would take me a couple of hours to read and relearn the whole dam 500 pg book on all that stuff, if I'm focused. I still am to lazy to do it.

My favorite class in school was gym class, mostly because I'm a pretty physical guy, and I cant stand still or focus on one thing for to long without getting bored. I really can't see how anybody would be able to sit through all those schooling classes for hours on end that they do in schools and colleges, without going crazy. I just can't do it, I rarely can focus on any one thing unless it's interesting, but mostly my conscience is spreed everywhere so it makes it hard to focus, even when surfing the net, I usually have like 5 sites open and trying to read them all, even while I think of something else entirely, kind of just like processing the info into by subconscious, while my mind is on other things multitasking I guess. Anyways I'm not very good at the whole schooling thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I got my PhD (Playa Hatin' Degree) from the FU.

edit on 2/3/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This thread is just for fun guys

British College = American High Scool i think.

And British University = American ???????

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

British University = McDonalds College.

Nah, just joking. It is exactly the same in the US and UK. Again, the US has their elite Universities just as we do. Plus they have the good old MIT.
edit on 3/2/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling 1 out of 10 see me!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

What is your level of education?

A work in progress.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Ok,
Masters degree in Corrosion control Engineering from University of Manchester institute of science and Technology,
Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from RGIT Aberdeen,
Chartered Engineer,member of the institute of mechanical engineers and the American society of mechanical engineers,
qualified IRCA registered lead assessor(quality management system auditing to ISO 9001)
100 yard breaststroke swimming certificate
member of the tufty club

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Got my High School Diploma
CRMA Certificate (that was worthless) Passed with a 98
Currently enrolled in College for Information and Librarian Services so far have straight A's.

That is it. I am enrolled in college for the Librarian thing as that is career goal!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Tufty club????? And people say Masons are evil.
Watch out, watch out, there's a Tufty about. Just like clowns evil, evil I tell ya.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
Will be graduating with a worthless business bachelor's degree this May. Worthless because I learned nothing meaningful or truly useful in a business school. I'll probably go for a worthless MBA in few years too.
edit on 2-2-2011 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

hahah I love that, College is way too easy!!! I don't put much effort into it and I am still passing, what does that tell you, that fricken degrees is absolutely worthless!!! Certifications even more worthless but I need a job and in order to get a job, I need to be the monkey and go to school!! I have learned very little btw! All you need to learn, you learn on the job! Once the HR bitches realize this, they know they are out of a damn job!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

CDL (I can drive a semi wit 48 ft trailer)
I think that is a lorry to people in England.
edit on 2-2-2011 by ]

I was just thinking "you can drive half a house with a trailer attached, the US is indeed the future" I was so stunned I was gona pop out for a fag
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
BA History, AAS Electrical Engineering Technology, AAS Mechanical Engineering Technology, AAS Automotive Technology; ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician with L-1 Certification, Certified Electronics Technician, EPA Certified Universal for Refrigerant Transition and Recovery, Journeyman Electrician, Hazwoper 40 hour, Class A CDL with HazMat, Certified Forklift Operator

edit on 3-2-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
AA degree, various certs.

Degrees don't tell much by themselves.

A better question is how big is your current library?

Mine is over 1700, I was just given about a hundred more, so now I have to reshelve...ugghhh, not looking forward to that. And my library books are only the ones I've read and decided were worth keeping, or the ones I'm currently reading.

Another good one is what fields have you worked in?

I've been a USAF crewchief (among other jobs), a shrimp fisherman, professional dancer, computer salesman, college instructor, grower, construction electrician, caregiver, business owner, writer, and a few other things.

By the way, I dropped out of high school halfway through my senior year because I'd finished reading the school's library (it was a small school, and I had 5 study halls) to join the USAF.
edit on 2-2-2011 by apacheman because: add line

I enjoyed reading all of the posts here, but the one above I liked the best.

For me:
B.S., Computer Science
CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
EnCE (EnCase Certified Examiner)
Distinguished Graduate, NCO Leadership School, USAF

I know I have learned more though outside of the classroom. Like Apache, my library is over a thousand volumes, all books that I have read and deemed worthy of keeping around. And Yes, I do go back and re-read them.

I think the most important thing you can teach a child is not just how to read, but teaching them that reading constantly will teach them more about the subjects they are interested in then they ever will learn in a classroom.

Good Thread!!

edit on 3-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

33RD degree masons have nothing on Tufty initiates,the squirrels shall be the NWO!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
well for me, I was always a rebel during high school.
I played contact sports til a medical condition took me out of
competition. But as far as schooling, I never liked
High School for the education. I did like it for it's
social interface. I then received a 4 yr college
scholarship and went 1 yr and dropped out of
college to get married. College was a waste of time
at that point. My attitude was not where it was
supposed to be for an institute of higher learning.
So I left college and went into the work force.
Several yrs later I learned in the real world the
importance of an education and then returned to
a 2-yr institution and had my attitude for learning
back in gear. I graduated from the 2 yr school
in the top 5% of my class with an Associate Degree
in Applied Science. Then again went back into the
work force. and over the next 10-12 yrs went back to take
multiple classes, programs and individual occupational
courses where I had to change occupations several times
due to societal and economic changes. But if you added
all of the time in school together collectively, then I'd say
it would accumulate to about 17 yrs of education. Even though
I do not have a BA or BS Degree, I have spent more time
in a classroom than most of them have. Not even counting
the tons of time I spend on the internet everyday doing
research. I have no clue how you could measure all of
this education time. But not all education is given in
a classroom environment. Even though I do not have a BA,
I do however have an IQ of 141 last time I was tested which
was roughly 10 yrs ago.

My biggest complaint with the higher learning
establishment was I felt that I was being taught
classes that did not apply to my desired curriculum.
Why would I need to take a philosophy class if my
focus was in computer science? Why do I need
english literature when I'm focusing on writing
source code in 12 OTHER computer languages.
This did not seem relevant to me and it still doesn't.

I think a lot more students would be in college if
THEY got to chose what classes they wanted to take.
Just give them the basic classes for the BA degree
and then let THEM choose what classes they wanted
to supplement those basic classes with. Demanding
that they take classes they feel are unnecessary or
not even related to their field causes anxiety and does
cause students to drop out. But that's just my opinion

My classroom days are over, but thanks to the internet
my education level rises everyday but with no diploma
on the wall giving recognition of such. So I declare myself
a graduate of the school of Hard Knocks

best wishes

boon

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
As for me, I finished my B.Sc (major in chemistry) and honors year (1st class) at a group of 8 university in Australia. I'm an organic chemist by trade and a medicinal chemist by choice
Currently doing my Ph.D at the same university with the intention of doing post doctorate research in Europe upon completion.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wow such a diverse lot of people we are educational wise!

When ive saved up enough money, im hoping to study a Honours Degree in Natural Sciences, including Astronomy and Planatery Science.

Im already enrolled on the Natural Sciences Diploma for March which should be at the least a 2 year course, can't wait

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join