It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your level of education?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

where does that put me on the 'too-cool-for-school' list?

Top of the List Hottie...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Will be graduating with a worthless business bachelor's degree this May. Worthless because I learned nothing meaningful or truly useful in a business school. I'll probably go for a worthless MBA in few years too.
edit on 2-2-2011 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have a 4.0 GPA and I do have a Diploma on the Wall, although to me it means nothing in comparison to my Life's experiences. I believe we all come full-circle in our approaches to life and most times schooling is when we begin to live.

I would also like to add this thought:

Sometimes our Greatest Teachers teach us how not to be!

edit on 2/2/2011 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I graduated high school and had 4 year (based on gpa) scholarship that I didn't use.
My last employer gave an IQ test that was mandatory before you moved on to the second stage of their interview process. I was told I scored higher than 90 percent of the other employees and that my score would make upper management take notice... funny thing was, I was denied a promotion because I didn't have a degree. Yeah, that makes sense. A degree doesn't make a person intelligent. I know a lot of college educated dumb arses!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Yeah, that makes sense. A degree doesn't make a person intelligent. I know a lot of college educated dumb arses!

I have no degrees but my IQ is Mensa standard..
Many very smart people are driving trucks and fixing plumbing..

I was great at math but hate it...
I do what I enjoy...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
A certificate in music
A diploma in psychology
A diploma in music
currently in 3rd year music

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Dropped out of highschool as a sophmore, (10th grade), and now am in my 3rd semester of college. 1 more semester after this and I graduate, (atleast for my core classes), then another semester, then ill have my Associates of Sciences.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I left highschool in year 9 before the third semester back in 86 and now I is a stoopid wots cant spell an english or learn a book fast..

all of the above is true.

Plus me mathamaticals are always rong.

but I do dislike bad spelling and make sure I make as many typoes as possible when pointing out to someone that they indeed used certain words incorrectly.

Oh yeah grammas only for making pie.

I can brew a bloody nice beer tho!

(again all of the above is true... don't believe me? I have a profile!!! lol)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I laughed when I read the title of this thread and still am LOL

Formalized education is indoctrination in a system of can'ts. It's the only way to maintain the status quo and a sense of authoritarianism. That being said, being fully applied or functional in a dysfunctional society is no measure of sanity or intelligence. Experience and your ability to adapt to changing socioeconomic and technological topographies I think is a bit more important in the long run. After all, you can't kill a deer with an iPhone or build a skyscraper with a toothpick, without some difficulty ;-)

So, experience for me, is 38 years of engineering, hardware/software development, network/security engineering and particle physics research. Some of my positions were with the private sector but most involved governments, universities, think tanks or military/paramilitary groups. I prefer the jobs where I am hands on, I'd rather do the "physical" work and see the finished product than just think about it and leave the hard work to someone else. Oh yeah, formal education; two college level courses and a Phd (Hon) - long story.

Somebody mentioned libraries; ~1970 electronic data books (from 1980 through 2004), ~800 fiction, ~230 non-fiction and 42 original works from the 1800's to early 1900's.

I started with Gr. 12 drafting and am a firm believer that almost anyone can do anything they chose to do with motivation and willpower.

"A man's (person's) goals should always be further than their reach" as the quote goes...

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/3.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Credential-ism is the scourge of the earth.

Vocational degrees, medical degrees, science degrees are cool though.

In other words, I don't have any.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
reply to post by Haydn_17

Credential-ism is the scourge of the earth.

Vocational degrees, medical degrees, science degrees are cool though.

In other words, I don't have any.

Sure you dont, have any certificates to prove it?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I am studying Dentistry at uni (2nd year now).
Anyone having a toothache?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Well, crap!

I wondered why I wasn't a multi-millionaire like the 15 year old kiwi I just saw on the news - own company, and totally grown up.

I have a BA degree majoring in English and Philosophy - it took a lot of effort at the time, and it led to a few interesting jobs in different countries.

And it led to a lot of being able to organise my brain.

So, to you people who think English and Philosophy are a waste of time, take it from me - they are well worthwhile.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
High school diploma. Currently going for a B.S. in IT Management. Only going to get the piece of paper. Formal education is strictly for the birds; I have learned sooo much more simply by hanging out in the library.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm a High school graduate, graduated with first honors. I was on the school's mock-trial/trial law team as the lead defense attorney. My school placed fifth in state for the first time in my school's history. I started at a university in the fall of 07' majoring in Anthropology because I considered becoming a forensic anthropologist, but I decided against anthropology because I thought there were too many holes in the current theory (I'm not trying to start a debate with that statement btw). I dropped out of the university and traveled for a while, living out of two suitcases, trying to figure out what I wanted out of life. I saw the world & have traveled 26,000 miles in the past two years. Great experience btw, I think all Americans should travel before they are in their 20's if possible in order to become well rounded and sensitive to other cultures. I'm currently in college to become a nurse. I've decided that I want to make a career out of helping people.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Hi Mas,

Yes, I am long overdue for a dentist but I am too scared to be hurt - toothwise and billwise, so I am putting it off.

Dentists and lawyers are the biggest earners, right?

I consulted a lawyer and adding up phone calls (2 of about 2 mins each), appearing in court (about 10 mins) - not for me - he sent me a bill for $230 NZ dollars. Also he was no good in court.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
My credentials are pretty darned stellar...

1) I survived and escaped a drug infested ghetto at a young age and have spent my entire adult life in middle classed neighborhoods. All but one of my friends, as a child, either died or wound up in prison.
2) I survived being married. Twice.
3) I procreated. Twice. A son and a daughter.
4) I have held management level positions in more than one Fortune 500 company.
5) At 44 years of age, I have accomplished or lived the majority of my dreams.
6) I have some of the best friends in the world, here and in real life.
7) I am content and well adjusted, mostly.

So, given those facts, I don't see a reason to discuss what grade I made it to, or what advanced degrees or certificates I may or may not hold.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
No real qualifications at all, and don't really care for them..

I am a master craftsman if that counts..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I consulted a lawyer and adding up phone calls (2 of about 2 mins each), appearing in court (about 10 mins) - not for me - he sent me a bill for $230 NZ dollars. Also he was no good in court.

I'm not surprised, $230 wouldn't pay for the first phone call with a good lawyer..

Man they know how to charge...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff,

You are so right. What matters is how we survive in this world.

To do what you did is amazing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join