It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA to set limits on chemicals in drinking water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

EPA to set limits on chemicals in drinking water

www.cnn.com

The Environmental Protection Agency will set a limit on the amount of the chemical perchlorate, as well as other "toxic contaminants," in drinking water, it announced Wednesday.

The national regulation on perchlorate will reverse a 2008 decision made by President George W. Bush's administration, the agency said in a statement. It comes after EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson ordered agency scientists to review "the emerging science of perchlorate."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Wow. Now there's some good government decision making. Since they can't eliminate the toxins, just limit the amounts of toxic contaminants in drinking water.
EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson isn't getting paid enough. She thought to tell the scientists that it might not be a bad idea to monitor and review the poisons that are in the water used by the populace. I never would have thought of that. Thank goodness we have inspirational decision makers like her to make those hard decisions.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
and it took till 2011 to figure out that we might not want to be drinking horrible chemicals....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Read this earlier...line was EPA to reduce amount of rocket fuel in drinking water. I thought, well hey now, that is a great idea, especially since I had no idea rocket fuel was so common to drinking water...nice.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Will believe it when it happens.
What i don't get....say you will regulate such things as removing the
chemicals you (government) added/had no interest in the first place...and all the while
support the businesses that make and create these substances to begin with.

Regulate the chemicals at the source. Those that are not a natural occurrence should not "happen" to begin with!

It may be a start at a government agency finally doing their job. Maybe the FDA could take a few pointers as well and take out some of the poisons they force us to eat daily...
...We can only hope they will get the message.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
EXCELLENT! I'm looking forward to the higher water bills. I'm already looking forward to what they'll help me with next! I hope it's toilet paper. I bet there's chemicals in that stuff to make it soft.

top topics

join