It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons on the loose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

A school in Uganda was shut down in May after parents complained that their children were being attacked by demons, The New Vision reported this week.

Parents accused a local man of bringing the demons to Bisika primary school.

He had sourced the demons, known locally as mayembe, from a witch doctor to help him acquire wealth, the paper reported.

Officials ordered the man's arrest and the temporary closure of the school.

The man, who is still in custody, said that when he failed to satisfy the demons' "demands for 300 virgin girls and cows to provide them with blood ... for sustenance" they broke free and attacked the pupils.

www.smh.com.au...

And more here: allafrica.com...

Looks like Faust was at it again! I wonder why they didn't describe the demons though?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think its more that people in 3rd world countries just dont understand things. Lack of education? Just like the 'Monkey Man' that was attacking people in India(?) last year.. 1 person tells 2 people.. those people tell 4 people a slightly different story.. not long after Demons and Monkey Men are attacking people in the town...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ya, they shut down an educational facility because of demons. The irony is stabbing me in the eye.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It is Uganda... not really a world leading country... Babies were being raped in Africa because people thought it would cure AIDS. I think a school could get shut down becuase of a wild rumor or 'threat' from a local.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calculon386
Babies were being raped in Africa because people thought it would cure AIDS.

WHAT! I haven't heard that reason yet! Have any links?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure i read that here... i'll go check....

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Okay.. here it goes:
Baby Rape Sparks Outrage
Perpetrators Believe Myth that Rape Will Cure AIDS

Baby Rape Sparks Outrage

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm going with the lack of education theory myself. While I do believe that demons and devils can appear on our plane, in this case its most likely ignorance.

Africa is not a very intelligent country with alot of tribal beliefs still held strongly by the people.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the leg work.

I am speachless over the horror of this article.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sure.. as was I, that why I remembered it from so long ago! I can't think of too many things worse that humans have done. Even if it DID cure AIDS... geez!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
WTF!?!? ARE THEY FOR REAL?!?!?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
the first article, hilarious as hell (no pun intended). they way they made it sound, it would seem that they guy was going to some sort of market to "acquire" the demons. And how stupid can one get? A demon that requires nothing . . . . get real.

the second article, just when i thought that i could forget about the stupidity of humans. I read it before but i put it out of my mind. SOmethings are too unspeakable for me to think about.

top topics

join