It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: US and China in military standoff over space missiles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
and queue 14 pages of anti-american rhetoric that favors a nation like China. China is just as guilty, if not more, than the U.S. for suffering and strife on this planet.

get over yourselves

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by john124

Well this does sound major and alarming, but I am hard pressed to believe anything and everything that Wikileaks has to say. I am a bit of a skeptic on them. IT seems they are out for sensationalism just as much as they are out for the truth. What better way to get ratings and fame then to exploit the major power players.

One thing I have always wondered as I have never paid that much attention to the site is this. Did they ever say anything about anyone other then US?

it was known about before the wikieaks cable release on the subject...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Russia Loses New Military Satellite in Space, Reports Say

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

Right but China didn't threaten America with military action like we did to them. We can't afford another bull# war with a country that big and with nuclear capabilities. Unless you're in favor of a nuclear holocaust? Get over yourself genius. There's a thing called reality...come back to it.

edit on 2-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You are absolutely right I just googled it and this happened back in 2007.... That is like 4yrs ago, so what is the big hubbub about it now? I guess i am more confused now then I was before.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
The real story here is that some private space company stands to make a LOT of money-

If they invent and orbit The Dyson Vacuum (R).

I said it here first, and I expect a modest percentage when it happens.

There is many 1000's of tonnes of junk floating up there, so can't see countries that have polluted space over the past few decades taking responsibility & paying all the necessary clean-up costs.

I don't think it fair to classify it as a global issue when it's only a select few countries who are responsible for the mess.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
FUnny how the US never went back to the Moon... lol

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

Why is that funny?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights

Basically, what they are saying here is that two nuclear states nearly went to war and majority of the world didn't have a clue. I understand the need for secrecy in such things as military affairs but something as serious as this should not have been kept hidden from the public.

We elect them to behave RESPONSIBLY - not play secret war games behind our backs!

They were just seeing whose penis was bigger.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Originally posted by the.lights

Basically, what they are saying here is that two nuclear states nearly went to war and majority of the world didn't have a clue. I understand the need for secrecy in such things as military affairs but something as serious as this should not have been kept hidden from the public.

We elect them to behave RESPONSIBLY - not play secret war games behind our backs!

They were just seeing whose penis was bigger.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Haven't we alway heard that size doesn't matter......it's the way you use it.

America have a responsibility to take the higher moral ground as they are the Major Peace keeping force on Earth.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I would rather the two sides fight this war by shooting each other's satelites down. There could be a big scoreboard at the U.N. and vegas can get in on the action by letting people place bets. Way better than conventional warefare were lives are involved. On a serious note I am sure there is more to this then we are being fed. Probably something like, If you shoot our satelite down you will face military action. But I could be wrong. You can weaponize space all you want, but as long as someone has a missle system that can reach space then all you can do is hope you can keep the elemant of suprise.
Both side have the ability or will have the ability to weaponize space. Both sides have the ability to destroy said weapons, as long as these types of checks and balances exist we don't have much to worry about. When someone can put a weapon in orbit that is either invisible to known tracking systems or has the ability to defend itself with a high percentage rate then we will need to worry.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered

Why is that funny?

Because the ETs said NO! You're not going any further fellas! Keep your nukes and stuff on Earth!

India last year planned a manned mission to the moon, then they did a complete 180... hmm... maybe they got the brief too?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by apodictic
YESSSSSSS we're America let's threaten the WORLD because nothing bad could ever happen to us!!!!

Oh yes it can!!

Last September, Dr Liam Fox, the Defence Secretary, warned that rogue countries or terrorist groups could wipe out electronic systems by producing an electromagnetic pulse through a nuclear explosion high above the Earth.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Boeing used to heave (12 years ago) details of amongst other space weapons, the EXOKIMATIC KILLBOT. lol. There on their web site. The Exokimatic killbot was a small spaceship capable of taking out enemy satelite.

Nothing new here. I noted, about 4-5 years later that they do not have a weapons section on their site anymore. obviously they totally stopped development of the already functioning items they had, which included two production versions of the 'EXOKIMATIC KILLBOT'

The fact that they publicly called it a kill bot struck me as stranger than the fact it was designed to eliminate satelites with minimal degree problems.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
lol.

the current boeing system only shows that the military is investing in the equivelent of a AAA service to quickly deploy and reapir enemy er I mean, any orbiting satelites:

www.boeing.com...

Full list of boeing military satelite systems

www.boeing.com...

All they need are a few Paypal Buy Now Buttons

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
lol, no need for wiki leaks to demonstrate that boeing are already living in wonderland

www.boeing.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Errr.........what?

Stop babbling and derailing the thread

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Why dont you take a moment and read the documents.

There is no "military threat" mentioned in the cables, only responsible diplomacy.

The irony is that the wikileaks cablegate releases have shown that U.S. foreign policy behind the scenes is no different from the public line, a fact which seems to be lost on some.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Didn't all counrties, at the UN, agree to not weaponize space????

I'm writing an in-depth thread on that very subject, stay tuned it's going to be a whopper!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Didn't all counrties, at the UN, agree to not weaponize space????

I'm writing an in-depth thread on that very subject, stay tuned it's going to be a whopper!

Will R2D2 be included ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join