It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Desert Storm/9-11 War on Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Operation desert desert storm began on 15 January 1991 to to remove Saddam's Iraq force from Kuwait but what we saw an was told was not the truth.
what we was lead to believe was that civilians was not being killed or injured which was not true all the news we heard was one sided we was not allowed to no the real story.
the reason why the war ended was because the UN forces opened fire on a high way killing retreating forces and civilians the numbers was never counted but it was called the high way of DEATH!
so the UN left with out getting rid of all of Saddam's weapons of mass destruction this is the reason why I think 9-11
had to happen because the UN needed a reason to go and finish what they started and remove Saddam from power
that was the first place they went to after the attack 9-11
check out these video's and let me no your opinion

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Now we have in-bedded journalists which helps the fighting force get there country's support if we new the truth would we still send our troops off to these wars where they may never come home.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My thoughts: the Iraqi troops were escaping from kuwait after looting; they made a horrible tactical error by being packed on those highways to Basra and Baghdad.
Coalition troops stopped the retreat and shotup the convoys.
1)War is nasty business, but you play to win.

General Schwartzkopf wanted to go all the way into Bahgdad because he knew we'd have to go back if we left Saddam with any republican guard troops and equipment. Popular opinion on the street ( liberal debate) said" the U.N..sanctioned action to remove Saddams forces from Kuwait had been "achieved".
I also think we should leave war fighting to the commanders on the ground; not the NSC and president ( civilians) and Frickin' u.n. "permission"a few thousand miles removed.
edit on 2-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

you right
they should of finished him off back then rather than starting a new conflict but the president was more interested in public opinion than getting rid of Saddam

edit on 2-2-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
My thoughts: the Iraqi troops were escaping from kuwait after looting; they made a horrible tactical error by being packed on those highways to Basra and Baghdad.
Coalition troops stopped the retreat and shotup the convoys.
1)War is nasty business, but you play to win.

General Schwartzkopf wanted to go all the way into Bahgdad because he knew we'd have to go back if we left Saddam with any republican guard troops and equipment. Popular opinion on the street ( liberal debate) said" the U.N..sanctioned action to remove Saddams forces from Kuwait had been "achieved".
I also think we should leave war fighting to the commanders on the ground; not the NSC and president ( civilians) and Frickin' u.n. "permission"a few thousand miles removed.
edit on 2-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

I agree, we should chased the Iraqi Army troops all the way into Baghdad after the liberation of Kuwait from Iraqi occupation and depose's Saddam Hussein's government. The deba'athification and rebuilding of Iraq would have been much easier after the 1991 Gulf War. A proper occupation in 1991 would have been easier with Arab States and the Coalition with more troops, talks between two factions, and keep eyes in watch of Iranian backed-insurgents. Then Iraq would be a first-world class economy in the middle east. However our supply lines weren't able to keep up with the assault force thus halting much of the advance. Not to mention that we don't have support from the allied coalition. Just like WW2 General Patton said, he wanted to go all to way to Moscow after Germany was defeated in crush the communist regime there. Instead he was backed off by Politicians and the Public Opinion.

new topics

top topics

join