It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best tank????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Look it may be easy to use im not saying its not all I am saying is that just cuz its easier to use doesn't mean its better after all that is all they said that it was easier not that it was better

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
About the lack of Iraqi training in the Gulf War, there were instances where American tanks were put up against Iraqi ones at ranges of less then 500 meters, more specifically during 73 Easting and the 24th IDs advance. At this range even the T-55s gun can penetrate an Abrams. Also, during these instances the Iraqis were motivated to fight, holding till the Americans were in small arms range and even firing at the tanks. This shoots the theory that the Americans won battles because of air support dead.

And yes, the T-72s used by the Iraqis were bad export models but all Russian tanks pretty much stem from that design. The T-80 just uses a different auto-loader and drive train while the T-90 is a renaming of the T-72BU. Also, the Iraqi penetrators were either tungsten or steel, they aren't that stupid to use Aluminium.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
we have just gotten in like these new tnaks devolped in japan there like high tech and stuff but there are about 500 of em poretty cool eh?
i could ask my dad he works for minstrey of defence maybe even look at some top secret goverment stuff

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Id vote for the Abrams or the CHALLENGER 2 Both have been proven in large scale combat. The english invented the tank so they will always get points in my book. There are alot of other nice tanks in the world but alot of them are not yet battle tested so I hold out judgement on them.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Look it may be easy to use im not saying its not all I am saying is that just cuz its easier to use doesn't mean its better after all that is all they said that it was easier not that it was better

Actually they said that after having tried both they perfered the LEO-2 FCS cause it was easier to use.If it was any average joe puting such an opinion forward that would not mean much , but coming from multi year vets its a telling comment.

Its dangerous to think that a bit of kit is better just cause your country made it?

You know that the Challenger-2 , M-1A2 and Canadian LEO-1C2 all have the same FCS and its made in Canada.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I believe the T-90 is an awesome tank. Its merely opinion so its safe to say i'll chose it over all the others. Why? Well i'll feel safe with ERA armour and mobility with effective firepower.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join