It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Repeal: Harry Reid Confronted in Gourmet Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would have paid to see this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/282f49032f43.jpg[/atsimg]

In a voice that could be heard on the other side of this medium-sized food emporium,
the shopper with ObamaCare Repeal on his mind -- no shrinking violet he -- loudly declared
to his fellow gourmands (many in lines waiting to check-out) that indeed the graying personage
standing right there amongst them was none other than "U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid,"
and, pointing directly at Mr. Reid, said,

"This man is personally holding-up the ObamaCare Repeal bill by refusing to allow it to be brought to the floor of the U.S. Senate for a vote," and which law if left on the books "can eventually bankrupt the United States of America."

From the check-out area came applause, apparently at the spectacle.

berkshireeagle.blogspot.com...

Then, all of the shoppers should have cried in in unison...

We want our Obamacare exemption slips! NOW!

edit on 2-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Fact of the matter is, alot of Americans as of late, have taken the time to inform/educate themselves. And with each passing day, many more are coming to realize that their rights and liberties, are under attack. Further, they are now seeing the Unconstitutional social programs that are being implemented, as a clear sign of " force". And what do we know of human nature? When someone forces someone to do something, there usually is a negative response.
And that is what this and other examples are proving. That the people of this republic are awakening, and beginning, ever so slowly, beginning to take a stand.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think if I had to pay 100% of my health care costs on my own, I would worry a lot more about staying well.

If you force me to pay for health insurance, I am liable not to care as much about prevention.

Good for the people in the store for pointing out the hypocrite that will not be affected by the law that he passed anyway!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

And what better place to do it than in an open market?

These days, it seems speaking out can be dangerous...even risky.

I am actually supirsed to see that Reid left, and did not call the Police State in!

And meanwhile....

The Wall Street Journal reports on the many exemptions granted by the federal government.
online.wsj.com...

Continuing saga, Politico reports on the Obama administration's pick to head the HHS Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, an office that will be key to the "reform effort."
www.politico.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yepo, Reid, and him at least 733 applicants, mainly employers and union-affiliated insurers, received an exemption from a requirement so far.

How many milliions is that already exempted.

Where is the outrage?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

There is no outrage, due to the fact that while Obama and his minions, ( oh yes that being Reid ), have the attention of the people looking elsewhere, there true intentions are ongoing in back door deals. Case inpoint, lets take Obama care, that Reid pushed through the halls of Congress...not one, NOT ONE democratic or Republican read the bill in its entirety. Which, if I may point out, Boehner even stood in front of Congress, and addressed that very issue. Why did it fall on deaf ears? Well my friends, some one wrote a blank check, and now we are left to pay for that deposit!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I think your blank check scenario is spot on.
I wonder, if someone has taken time to dig deep,
and find the globalist ties behind the Obamacare agenda?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to [url= by burntheships[/url]

Look no farther than all the CFR/Trilataral/Bilderberg.

Amazing how groups measured in the hundreds with the same globalist agenda can occupy almost all the positions os appointed power isn't it?

Almost makes you want to think a few people are controlling who becomes President when every president puts the same group in power, doesn't it?

When every presidential candidate since JFK has been a stooge of these organization it is not too much of a stretch to understand the books are cooked and choice becomes an illusion.

Prove me wrong. I dare you!

eta: obama ditched reporters on a plane to run up to the Bildrrberg meeting right before he got elected. And the "you" is not BTS, it is a retorical usage.

edit on 2-2-2011 by pianopraze because: addition

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I can prove you right!

Oh that CFR! [i/]

The Council of Foreign Relations figured out how many news stations, radio stations and publications it would take to control the majority of opinion. They purchased them and put an editor in place in every one. This documentary explaining how this elite group has controlled the big picture with propaganda from so many angles it has brainwashed a nation.

A good long documentary on the CFR...and propaganda.

Its a good primer.

edit on 3-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

from the video David Rockerfeller's own words given at the CFR:

"We are greatful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost 40 years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the World if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the World is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

Here are his own words from his biography:

David Rockerfellers 2002 "Memoirs" ISBN 0-679-40588-7 Chapter 27 "Proud Internationalist" Page 405:
"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States characterizing my family and me as "internationalists" and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure -- one world if you will. If thats the charge I stand guilty and I am proud of it."

Notice I have had this in my signature for all to see and reference.

This is not a Conspiracy. This is published policy.

I also like the part where it descirbes the Media's drive to make LOCAL police seem horrible so the nation will eventually accept FEDERAL police... like TSA is doing now... see this ATS thread.

Excellent video. New stuff I hadn't seen

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by pianopraze

I can prove you right!

Oh that CFR! [i/]

The Council of Foreign Relations figured out how many news stations, radio stations and publications it would take to control the majority of opinion. They purchased them and put an editor in place in every one. This documentary explaining how this elite group has controlled the big picture with propaganda from so many angles it has brainwashed a nation.

A good long documentary on the CFR...and propaganda.

Its a good primer.

edit on 3-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

So how do you know that the CFR is on your "side"?

Because the RED SCARE which accompanied the "debate" has been a long held tactic of American born propaganda. In fact the TERRORISM wedge was utilized in almost the exact same manner - replace OBL and Obamacare. both target the same demographics who are proven to be easily scared and reactionary. Plus FOX the AGENT, is the same and also utilized the same approach.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Ummm....let me clarify ...

I think the CFR is a globalist cabal. They have long ago moved to the agenda of
world domination, globalization.

They are in process of breaking the nations, all nations sovreignty.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Janky Red

Ummm....let me clarify ...

I think the CFR is a globalist cabal. They have long ago moved to the agenda of
world domination, globalization.

They are in process of breaking the nations, all nations sovreignty.

Precisely look at the two quotes from my post for absolute verification of this goal.

Also Jim Marr's "Rule by Secrecy" Quotes CFR member Admiral Chester Ward:

"objective of CFR members is 'to bring about the surrender of the sovereignty and the national independence of the United States.... Primarily, they want the world banking monopoply from whatever power ends up in the control of the global government'"

new topics

top topics

join