It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancelled TV program you wish would air again.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerbowski
"The Tick"

OH HELL YEAH, you mean the show and not the cartoon right?

That guy is awesome in every role he does!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

In Lak'ech

This is really simple for me; I would like the following shows:

Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis

And I would like for the "SyFy" channel to go back to the "Sci-Fi" channel and return to showing "sci-fi" shows as opposed to "syfy" programming.

Keep the mind attuned to a positive frequency!

Inner Sun
11 Tones : Ahau

edit on 12/17/2008 by Universal Light Being because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Deadwood
X-files
New York Undercover
The Shield

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
To the op and apologies if this has been posted, i didn't read through all the pages.

I have read but i cannot remember where, that there was such a high sales in the first series on dvd/bluray that they are planning on restarting Firefly

i loved this tv series also

Would have liked to have seen more of flashforward, i can't think of anymore at present, i never wanted SG1 to end also.
edit on 3-2-2011 by richy200 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
FIREFLY!!!

edit on 3/2/11 by Chadwickus because: FIREFLY!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Voyagers was pretty decent...and even a bit educational.

The Shield?, etc.? What, there aren't enough crime shows on tv for you these days?

I think CBS now stands for Crime Broadcasting Service.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mathoryn

There is actually a station on over air television called "Antenna TV" that plays both of those shows back to back.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Th first four seasons of The West Wing were possibly the best work Aaron Sorkin ever did. I own the first four seasons on DVD. They are the only television shows I own on DVD.

Martin Sheen definitely did the best acting of his career since Apocalypse Now in that series. The scene in the National Cathedral after Mrs. Lanningham's funeral was riveting the first time I saw it. I was nearly floored.

I wouldn't have minded that show doing a M*A*S*H. If it had lasted longer than the real eight year limit it would have been great. Well, providing they let Sorkin back in to work his magic.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Buffy
Dollhouse
Angel

Whedon is a god!

They should stop cancelling his shows. They rock!

Those are the only shows I watched that I really cared when they were canceled. Oh and Moonlight, that was getting good but a little too much like Buffy but I still liked it.

BUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The undergrads...

Married with children..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well I would take over Sci-Fi (renamed by moi)

my new network would be lead by the foloowing series...

The A-Team...

Unit from afghanistans.... advanced weapons unit

Babylon 5- new series...

new cast with a new five year arc (with a 'borrowed' station)

The outer limits...

the pretender... one of the great tv shows out there and yet no mention... slight change.. A new pretender...

A new leaper... someone who breaks into the facility and leaps...??? someone say military, not as bright as sam, but better???

New GI Joe team... As for funding... I think we may be able to get some propaganda funds from dohs... After all it is the original war on terror...

new series set in now time not 80's... whole new toy line...

return of the cartoon star gate...

a live action Batman show is called for... new theme song..

new series continuation on old one

and last but not least...

You got it... Terminator with a minor change... How does he go to great world leader from well..idiot... you have to introduce his tutor... and some stories need to cover secondary objectives... like some of his generals...

well these are not the only changes I would make. These are the revived shows... some would be in testing phase...

Never saw firefly so I would have to watch pre-revival

quite a few new shows would be ordered.... quite a few...

main points.. to keep shows going

Quality Control on tv shows... writing quality requirements... no earth final conflict fiascos... penatlies on writers for garbage and on actors and producers.... no garbage...

Strict contract enforcement on actors... no quitting till show is over...

Whole series outlines for three years minimum.. (b5 style)

Fan written episode contest....( all submissions property of moi)
so they might be turned into cross media events with books, comics, or online episodes...

All actors will be the hungary type... not the prissy prima donnas...

Also I would revive some of them as exclusively online shows...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Moonlight is a good one, just recently picked up the show on DVD to see the last episodes I missed. Interestingly, the lead gal played a Vampire in the movie Underworld...kind of ironic really....

Although, like Forever Knight, I'm kind of blah on the whole whiny vampire thing... So you can't see the sun and have to drink blood.....BIG DEAL!....that's all kind of trumped by the immortality, superhuman speed, strength, and senses thing (oh, and flight)...don't you think? I'll make that trade any day.....

The PI angle was better than FK's cop angle though...much more fitting vamp job.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would have to say,

X-Files

Stargate SG-1

The Unit

Roswell

Kolchak: The Night Stalker

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light Being

I absolutely fell in love with Stargate SG1 a couple of months ago (well, seasons 1-8). I cried when Daniel SPOILER ALERT, ascended because I thought he was off the show for good. I threw a tantrum when they cut his hair
. But when O'Neil stopped being a member of the team I just couldn't watch it anymore. His replacement was just too.....generic. I think that's the right word. General Hammond's replacement left something to be desired.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I take it you like Firefly? I loved Wash (Alan Tudyk). My favorite scene in any of the shows was one from the flashback episode when Wash had a mustache

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I absolutely cannot stand the new vampire trend. You've got all these pouty little pretty boys (oh woe is me!). I guess I'm just a firm believer in the evil, controlling stereotypes. I played Vampire the Masquerade for a while and could never bring myself to play some self loathing type of vamp.

On topic:
Sorry it's taking me forever to reply to some posts on this thread. It is my son's 2nd birthday today and we went to a mouse themed pizza parlor/arcade so I haven't been at my computer until now and only b/c I'm at work >.<

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

oooooo I remember that show, that was good. It also brought back a memory of a show where the main character traveled back in time accidently only to come into contact with his deceased ex girlfriend (played by Tia Carrere )much to the disappointment of his wife. Then there was another show where a police officer inadvertently traveled to the 70's & couldn't get back to his correct time. Don't remember the name of either show but I liked 'em both

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

heck yeah, jericho was very cool.. which survivors were you into new or old? i watched the new one on netflix online, then found the original from 1975, I'm watching it disc by disc thru netflix mail. jeremiah was really cool also, i feel it could have went on for years, the cast really showed they weren't washed up like some may have thought.

I think THE DUDE would have made a great bigscreen to TV jump, I still love THE DUDE!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Definitely Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles and I enjoyed The Cleaner on A&E as well. They are currently working on the final season of Rescue Me so I'm gonna throw that one in early.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Lexx. well it was never cancelled, but it should have got alot more attention. was a really great sci-fi show that not may people know about.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join