It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome thundersnow pic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't take credit for this photo... it's barely snowing here in Kentucky, but I thought it was gorgeous! It's crazy how such a "bad" storm can be so beautiful! I'm not even sure where it was taken. The friend who sent it to me lives in New England, so I assume it was possibly in one of the NE states.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f485287b09e.jpg[/atsimg]

So pretty!

edit on 2/2/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow! Thats a nice pic!

I wish I would have seen some lightning last night. I did hear some thunder during the worst of it, but no lightning.

It could have been a more severe storm here locally, but it was Epic in its delivery.

Thanks for the up

rev

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Nice pic.

We had thunder and lightening during the blizzard as well, can't say I've ever seen that before.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Great photo. It's like a lightning halo.

S&F

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

We had thunder here last night, but no snow. I didn't even see lightning, but of course it had to be there somewhere, lol. Rain last night and flurries today... no accumulation here at all!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by leemachino

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the pic! It really does look like a halo.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I've seen it before, but not like this pic!

How much snow do you have? No accumulation here at all. I kind of wanted a LITTLE snow, lol. The wind was insane during the night, but no real snow to go with it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Gosh if that photo was high res it would be super amazing

Great either way!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

My thoughts exactly! I haven't checked the exif data, but I'm guessing it was taken with a cell phone.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Cool find! I remember lightning and thunder here in Kentucky during a snowstorm sometime in the 90's. I don't remember exactly what it was supposed to mean, but at the time it was said to be some sort of omen according to some of the oldtimers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Kentucky here!!!

I remember the first time I saw it, I was REALLY freaked out. I was a teenager and I think it was during the winter of 93, when we had storm after storm. That winter was insane! I'll have to ask my grandma about it and see if she has any superstitious beliefs about thundersnow. Wouldn't surprise me, lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
awe-some!
never seen 'circular lightning' before
thx for sharing

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just found out this was actually taken in Chicago.
Tried to edit the OP, but my times up.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Oh.....about 20 inches
they're still digging out the streets.

Yeah, I'm in chicago, but I sure didn't take that pic.
edit on 2-2-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
Just found out this was actually taken in Chicago.
Tried to edit the OP, but my times up.

Who told you this was taken in Chicago during the snow storm???

The reason I ask is because someone else is using this picture in another thread and claimed it was from the snowstorm in Chicago...but there are some things odd to me.

1) There are leaves on the trees in that picture...there are no leaves on any trees in Chicago at this time of year.
2) There is no snow falling or blowing, and it appears to be nighttime. Last night in Chicago...it was near white out conditions in the entire Chicago area.
3) I used Tineye (reverse photo lookup) and this photo appears to be on websites with dates as far back as 2007.
Here is one from 2009. www.weirdworm.com...
Here is one from 2010: weathervortex.com...

I don't mean to bring down your thread...it is a wonderful picture...I am just trying to figure out the origins of the picture.
edit on 3-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Great photo! Dont mean to rain on the parade or be rude but it looks photoshopped to me, I am not saying it is or that it is even fake but it is just the way the lightening blurs in the middle of the 'halo'

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I personally have seen Lightning and heard Thunder during heavy snow storms here in Minnesota. Its a really cool thing to experience. It a rareity to experience something so diffrent. One of natures wonders.

top topics

join