It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds seize sports websites before Super Bowl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

They have already set up a new website that is hosting video streaming links for sporting events that will take place on Wednesday (February 2). It's very likely that, unless the website is shut down in the next four days, the new home of ATDHE will offer video streaming links for Super Bowl XLV.

Source: sports.yahoo.com...

atdhe.me...

Apparently a mere 2 hours passed between the seizure of their website, and their new one coming online.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Seems like they would want all the free publicity that they could get.All those expensive commercials.
Maybe not ?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
For every site they take down another will pop up.
You cannot stop the internet you can only hope to contain it
or just add a kill switch.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

I thought exactly the same thing. And they wouldn't want to keep people from watching, but rather from getting video recording of the event, which is much easier to record from a net feed than from the TV/DVR (you have to interface your DVR and computer). Too many independent captures of suspicious footage might cause problems.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Screw you. I enjoy sports and I will always enjoy sports. They get paid so much money because they are the best in the world at what they do. Anybody can go get a normal job. Very, very few have to the skills required to play professional sports.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They are going to do another 9/11 on the superbowl.
and they only wont TV feed they can control.
did you read the post on the rolling black outs.
but the superbowl will keep its power?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
For every site they take down another will pop up.
You cannot stop the internet you can only hope to contain it
or just add a kill switch.

A govt controlled internet kill switch....that's what Obama wants for his B-day!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That is just a straight out attack on culture. The one big game of the year and fed just wants to shut down access. Good to see that it failed with other sites quickly popping up.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What a bunch of BS
Does the IC in ICE stand for Internet control?

This is very upsetting

In contrast to ordinary copyright litigation, the domain name seizure process does not appear to give targeted websites an opportunity to defend themselves before sanctions are imposed. As you know, there is an active and contentious legal debate about when a website may be held liable for infringing activities by its users. I worry that domain name seizures could function as a means for end-running the normal legal process in order to target websites that may prevail in full court. The new enforcement approach used by Operation In Our Sites is alarmingly unprecedented in the breadth of its potential reach...

For the Administration's efforts to be seen as legitimate, it should be able to defend its use of the forfeiture laws by prosecuting operators of domain names and provide a means to ensure due process. If the federal government is going to take property and risk stifling speech, it must be able to defend those actions not only behind closed doors but also in a court of law.

arstechnica.com...

Listen guys, if Canada can fight for online right so can you America!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I just noticed that unlike in previous years, they are not showing the Superbowl live on TV in my country. Does anybody know where I could find it online to watch? Thank you in advance!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I'd bet this was driven by the NFL. The NFL takes a very hard line about liscencing all of their games, down to the tune of what size of TV you are allowed to have in a public venue when you have it open to the public. I typically go to Vegas for the game and watch it in a bar with no cover. They have dozens of 48 inch TVs all over the place because the NFL requires a fee if the screen is 50 inches or over. In order to watch it on a really large screen you have to pay and then go into some bogus room with 500 people and sit on metal folding chairs

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The "seizure" of these sights foretell of very important events.

The Government of America want's all Broadcasts of Superbowl 45 to come from Mass Media where they can manipulate the story being told;

Nuclear War, destruction, "False-flag"

Be warned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join