It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds seize sports websites before Super Bowl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

www.politico.com

The federal government has seized the Web addresses of ten websites that allegedly live stream sporting and pay-per-view events online, shutting them down just days before one of the biggest televised sporting events of the year: the Super Bowl.

The U. S. Attorney’s Office of the Southern District of New York, working in conjunction with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, seized the Web addresses Tuesday. The seizure affidavit was unsealed Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This was done by Immigration and Customs officials. So much for due process of law.

Well if you ever had any doubt about who the government really works for - the corporations or the people - now you know.

Did you ever notice that every time the government gets involved in disputes they somehow ALWAYS are on the side of the business's. Have you ever seen the government take the side of the people, ever, even once. No and you never will.

www.politico.com

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Not to mention the Supreme Court ruling allowing corporations to impose eminent domain on US citizens, allowing them to take their land for corporate expansion.
When that happened, I realized who owned the Government.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
who needs to stream the superbowl anyway?? If you are near a TV you will see it

did i miss something

edit...sorry...egocentric here....do other countries get it?
edit on 2-2-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It seems like I.C.E. has their hands in anything and everything, except securing the borders. What the deuce?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Football is just a bunch of overpaid bums anyway and a sport that rapes their fans in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Gotta protect the profits for all these multimillionaires and billionaires who operate and play professional sports because WE ARE RIPPING THEM OFF!!

Right. screw them.

Not that I give a rats ass about the "superbowl"

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What I find hippocritical is as conspiracy theorists against globalization and big corporations,most are still gonna tune in and watch.
If anyone is against this seizing of websites then don't watch the game or turn off your tv.

But then again if they did,they would just be on facebook anyways.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Time to protect the interests of the corporations and not the people. Screw the people!

Yes, they may have taken down tens of thousands of websites used for streaming live sports, but all the ones I use (for TV which may or may not include sports) are all up.

GG.
edit on 2-2-2011 by ThisIsMyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You know..as much as i support and people who know me on a real life level know and what i do as an occupation and have taken an oath within, a, (any) court of law across many borders, have and will support me. But given that this particular site covers a diverse range you should have taken the liberty and posted "a" key point.

the websites, which include channelsurfing.net and Spain-based rojadirecta.org, were said to illegally provide access to content from the major professional sports organizations, namely the National Football League, National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League. The sites do not host the pirated sporting content themselves, but instead provide links to other websites where people can access it illegally.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Their is nothing illegal about providing links to other web sites witch provide pirated stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thats BS...

While you may not think so. some people these days
have NO TV and only internet and computer.

I mean if you had to pick between the two computer or tv
some would pick the internet...

This is just another ploy against the people..

You can't have mutli billion dollar companies loose 5 cents, they might
loose the jet.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Isn't it kind of hypocritical to say that streaming the Super Bowl is piracy? I mean, it will be broadcast on a national network, which is available *for free* for the majority of Americans. Those who can't access the network for free, due to being unable to receive the signal because they live too far from a broadcast station, shouldn't be back-handed like this for trying to enjoy, for free, what millions of other Americans will be enjoying, for free.

Now, there are those, like myself, who are able to get local networks on satellite and must pay for that service. However, I'm not paying specifically for the Super Bowl broadcast, I'm paying the satellite company to provide an uninterrupted stream of the local network at all times. Plus, with my satellite equipment, I won't be able to see this in HD, which others who have access to the OTA signal will enjoy...again for free.

The insanity of this baffles my mind. I went through this problem last year with the Super Bowl, when I lived in a different location without satellite or access to the OTA signal. Some people just wanna watch the dang Super Bowl...if they don't want "pirates" streaming it, why can't they (the network or nfl) just stream it online themselves?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Their is nothing illegal about providing links to other web sites witch provide pirated stuff.

Would that also include open links accompanied with your p/w to your so called private accounts.

?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Thats BS...

While you may not think so. some people these days
have NO TV and only internet and computer.

I mean if you had to pick between the two computer or tv
some would pick the internet...

This is just another ploy against the people..

You can't have mutli billion dollar companies loose 5 cents, they might
loose the jet.

Indeed.

I am one of those people with no TV (and no facebook)

But I wouldnt watch the superbowl regardless.

Bunch of overgrown idiots playing GAMES and getting paid more than people who ACTUALLY WORK HARD.

Let's pay a bunch of morons playing a stupid game.. more money than they know what to do with..
for playing a fkn game!

Beyond Ridiculous.

F. sports, and F. the idiots who revolve their lives around them.

this $^&# makes me sick.

fn idiots.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich

www.politico.com

The federal government has seized the Web addresses of ten websites that allegedly live stream sporting and pay-per-view events online, shutting them down just days before one of the biggest televised sporting events of the year: the Super Bowl.

The U. S. Attorney’s Office of the Southern District of New York, working in conjunction with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, seized the Web addresses Tuesday. The seizure affidavit was unsealed Wednesday.

I wonder if it has anything to do with them expecting something "unusual" to happen at the Superbowl. Whomever controls the media controls the masses

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This Replaced Channelsurfing.net

Just in case your still interested in Live Streaming
CHannelsurfing

Enjoy

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwdogg1982
why can't they (the network or nfl) just stream it online themselves?
Not a bad suggestion really, they probably just haven't caught up with the times yet and it probably has something to do with advertising revenue streams, etc.

I'm sure you've heard of the huge money that a commercial on the superbowl costs advertisers. I don't see any practical reason why they can't do the same thing online but maybe they haven't yet because they need to track viewership online even better so they can charge even more big bucks for the ad time when they add all the internet viewership to the sales pitch.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

Think you might be onto something there Makinit66 especially about those rumours going around about al qaeeda getting hold of a dirty bomb!!!!
edit on 2-2-2011 by Robfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

Greetings Makingit66;

The first thing that came to my mind was, if something does go down, the feds could shut ALL feeds down at once. I smell a heap of dodo. Anyone?... Anyone?... Bueller...Bueller...

trinity369

top topics

<<   2 >>

join