It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coping: You Ain’t Gonna Like This, but…

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I haven't read the whole article yet. But I will. It sounds like you've got the clencher as far as it being any kind of natural occurence. Not likely. At all.

Now what are the possibilities of affecting polarities artificially? Or at least, outside interference.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Since the dynamics that create the earth's magnetic field are in the core, I would have to say that there's very little we could do to artificially mess it up.
Another interesting thing that article reveals is that a geometric reversal already exists at the core of the earth. This is a secondary field which has opposite polarity compared to the primary field. It's when the primary field gets weak enough that the secondary field jumps in and takes over, leading to a geomagnetic reversal. Considering this, what could we possibly do to affect the core dynamics of a planet?
edit on 3-2-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I'm thinking more along the lines of messing with the surface field than I am the core. Might be a temporary effect, but a possible scenario nonetheless. Although I'm guessing it would be a localized one.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Very localized, if possible. I was trying to think of how that might happen too, but I kept coming back to the core dynamics, because the surface field is the direct result of those dynamics. To significantly effect the field at the surface, we would have to do something at the surface capable of overpowering the natural field. I have no idea what that could be.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

i was thinking over the same question since the film the core came out. i wondered if a scientist(s) at cern in a think tank setting threw in the idea of cranking up the ring to the max to test whether the resulting magnetic field had an influence on the liquid outer core like a kind of drag effect and i suppose it could be timed and correlated with various sensors already in-situ around the globe with known readings disregarded. would you agree that there has never been a bigger ring constructed with such power as yet unmeasured against all environmental factors?
if the speed of the liquid outer core could be influenced, what implications does this pose?
regards f

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

The strength of the magnetic field at the earth's surface is between 0.3 and 0.6 microtesla. At the core, the field strength is 2500 microtesla. By contrast, the maximum strength of the magnetic field generated by the Large Hadron Collider is 8.36 tesla. Also, MRIs output up to 3 tesla.
How much more dangerous is the LHC than an MRI? I really don't think we have much to worry about from CERN.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

thanks for the reply.
2nd
regards f

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Considering what could possibly effect the core dynamics from the surface, I just had an idea...

With the recent increase in seismic activity worldwide, it occurred to me that the P-waves from these seismic events (the fast-travelling pressure waves) could be having an effect on the fluid dynamics of the core. These are the only type of seismic waves which reach the core, and, given an increase in their occurrence, I would hazard a guess that this must have some sort of effect.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

agreed this could be feasible. if i may, would you consider the area/volume of magnetic field of lhc and a comparison to an mri scanner?
regards f

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

The LHC certainly does generate a physically larger magnetic field than an MRI, but, compared to that of the earth, and considering how far away the LHC is from the core (and how weak the LHC field would be at the core), I still don't think it would have any noticeable effect.

Also, as an another example of field strength pulsing magnetic fields have been generated of up to 2800 tesla.

But, then, to be fair, I do have to consider that even fridge magnets might be having an effect on the earth's magnetic field with time. If so, then the LHC could be potentially damaging. I'm inclined to say it's probably not, but I should allow for the possibility.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

thank you so much for the brief conversation. hopefully see you around the boards.
2nd

regards f

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Great.
This is the best definition yet to me about the crazy weather and lightning anomalies. After hearing for a couple of years, different things going on in the Gulf of Aden with the huge naval ship deployments there and the Atlantic anomaly. This kind of makes sense.

There was a thread earlier today from a guy who claims to have aeronautics expertise with certain agencies was talking about the Atlantic and asking to be picked away at. I will look for it.

Great thread. Thanks for posting. I think........

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here ya go........www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hi all, I wrote this article and just found this site.
If you have any questions I will try to answer them.
I will say this, the anomalies are an attempt at new Poles.
I do not believe that there will actually be a four poled Earth.
I believe that to be an impossibility. BUT, the alternative scenario
can be equally deleterious.
I described the anomalies as East and West Poles as a descriptive device.
It was a way to form a picture in the fewest words as possible.
What I am thinking will happen is as the Florida Anomaly produces more power,
it will continue to "fight" with the current predominant North Pole.
The compressive effect of being in between two electro magnetic poles will cause
confusion, epileptic type attacks, and many other health issues.
In addition this same compressive force will have an effect on the Earth's tectonic
plates. (The New Madrid) is roughly directly in between the Florida Anomaly and the North Pole.
As correctly stated in a reply to the article, when the Earth is affected you will see it in the atmosphere first.
Here's a few things to consider.
You can read more on my fledgling site bestmetalresearch look for: "Don't be alarmed, be very very frightened"
go to youtube and listen to clif high's interview with Rense Nov. 2009
and Cliff's website halfpasthuman
As I said in the article, this is just a working hypothesis, the truth will be revealed in it's own time.
Thank you for attention and civility.
Red
Deepnaharta

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

Have you ever considered the possibility that the photo of the stones perched precariously are there for a specific purpose? Consider this: It takes at least 3 feet of earth to protect one from radiation effects, but stone is much denser and blocks more radiation...say perhaps from the Sun? Like a CME?
You stack the blocks, and then put timber up around them and then pile on the dirt and you have a convenient cave. Of course through thousands of years the wood rots and the dirt falls in and is later dug out by a succeeding generation. These structures are scattered throughout the world.
Just a thought

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

it didn't cross my mind regarding old stone age sites i have been to in past years. i remember one in wales. on farmland with national trust access (can't remember name at the mo). i remember walking down a dugout slope and standing under slabs of rock. it was about 10m long and reminded me of a bus shelter! it was quite strange as i didn't see it as a burial site.
after looking at the magnetic loops of sun footage, it seems they can at times become erratic and jump a pole.
if there was a slight possibility that the ssa is strong enough to attract the north magnetic, could an effect be phases of the pole jumping to and fro?
compasses would be a novelty for a while i suppose.

regards f

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Here's another consideration:
The Earth has been an oblate in the past. Meaning that it is not a true sphere but fatter around the Equator.
That's changing. The Earth is in the process of becoming a true sphere, which can have several ramifications.
The first and most obvious being that as the shape of the Earth changes you will see more and more tectonic movements. Clif High makes mention of an 87.5 day cycle in which the pressures increase on a more or less logarithmic scale. It seems to fit the earthquake occurrences. Which leaves me to think, "If they're this bad and often now, How much worse are they going to get?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join