It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Investigator Nick Pope Discusses The Real X Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

UFO Investigator Nick Pope discusses the Real X Files

www.prlog.org

Nick Pope will begin the lecture by giving an overview of the British government’s
involvement with the UFO phenomenon, which dates back to 1950, when the Ministry of
Defense established a small committee to examine the phenomenon, known as the Flying Saucer Working Party. He will explain government policy on this issue and detail the way in which investigations were carried out.

ESOgurus.com/realxfiles
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
X Files and UFO's - Nick Pope will be presenting a live broadcast.

Believer or not its hard to argue with his credentials.

Pope worked for the Brithish Defence Ministry for 21 years, is best known for work that he did between 1991 and 1994, when he was assigned to a division where his duties included investigating reports of Unidentified Flying Objects.

Pope also was present at the two Royal Society discussion meetings that were held in 2010, where the scientific and societal consequences of discovering extraterrestrial life were considered. Nick Pope attended both these meetings and had extensive discussions with many of the key speakers.

Nick Pope lectures all around the world and this has included addressing the Oxford Union and speaking at the Science Museum and the Royal Albert Hall.

He has written four books...his non-fiction books are Open Skies Closed Minds, about UFOs, and The Uninvited.
Both books made the Top Ten in the Sunday Times list of hardback non-fiction books, with Open Skies Closed Minds reaching number three and staying in the Top Ten for ten weeks.

And of course, he is well known for his work Microsoft, 20th Century Fox and Sony Pictures and has been involved in promoting the movies The X-Files: I Want To Believe and the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Dates:
Tuesday, Mar. 08, 10:00AM
LIVE
Tuesday, Mar. 08, 4:00PM
REPLAY
Tuesday, Mar. 08, 7:00PM
REPLAY
Wednesday, Mar. 09, 12:00AM
REPLAY

ESOgurus.com/realxfiles

www.prlog.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I do find the timing of this right on schedule, either way you believe.

The question of whether or not we are alone in the Universe is one of the biggest questions we can ask. There are only two possible answers and arguably, either answer is both profound and possibly disturbing.

A highly emotionally charged isssu in our times.

Nick Pope will begin by giving an overview of the British government’s involvement with the UFO phenomenon, which dates back to 1950, when the Ministry of Defence established a small committee to examine the phenomenon, known as the Flying Saucer Working Party. He will explain government policy on this issue and detail the way in which investigations were carried out.

Nick Pope will then discuss a number of cases in detail, focusing on incidents that remain unexplained and on cases where the witnesses were military personnel. This will include discussion of the Rendlesham Forest incident, the UK’s most interesting and compelling UFO case. This took place in 1980 and the 30th anniversary has attracted considerable media and public interest. He will also discuss a number of incidents where there have been near-misses between UFOs and commercial aircraft. He believes this is a serious issue that is not receiving the public attention it deserves, largely because of the perceived stigma of reporting UFO incidents, which leads to many pilots failing to report incidents that should be of concern to airlines.

en.esoguru.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am split right down the middle on this subject.

I believe in UFOs.

I also think most of them are us... but that leaves room for there being someone NOT us....

Yet we have top NAZI/US scientist Verner Von Braun saying the UFO's will be a made up enemy.

It get's so confusing so fast. Until then I have to treat this subject like I do religion... there's a lot of BS yet a thread of truth running through all of it.

new topics

top topics

join