It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt - Feb 2, 2011 ... The anchor was "punched 10 times"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
supporters have attacked several journalists — including CNN's Anderson Cooper — during violent clashes with anti-government supporters in Egypt today. ...

The anchor was "punched 10 times in the head," CNN producer Steve Brusk Tweeted.

Msnbc.com's Ian Johnston writes:
Mubarak supporters have attacked several journalists — including CNN's Anderson Cooper — during violent clashes with anti-government supporters in Egypt today.
The Israeli newspaper Haaretz reports that four Israeli reporters have been arrested.
NBC News' Richard Engel, in a message on Twitter, said journalists in Cairo had been "mobbed on the streets" by people angry with foreign press coverage.

State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said in a Twitter message that it was "concerned about detentions and attacks" on the media in Egypt, saying that the civil society the country "wants to build" included a free press.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...
edit on 2/2/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

edit on 2/2/11 by darrman because: headling adjustment

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Cooper, in a video published on CNN's Web site, said he and a TV crew had been trying to reach the "no man's land" between the two groups of protesters in central Tahrir Square when they were attacked by people who tried to grab their camera.
• Watch CNN's report www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2011/02/02/ac.egypt.crew.hit.cnn
Cooper said they began walking away as calmly as they could, but the punches and kicks continued.
"It was pandemonium. Suddenly, a young man would come up, look at you and then punch you right in the face," Cooper said. "The instinct is to try to punch back ... but in a situation like that you really can't, because that just inflames the crowd even more."
edit on 2/2/11 by darrman because: added a link

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There definitely seems to be a rise in anti-US sentiment over there, which is strange to me. They also have a LOT of protest signs written in English which is also strange. Are they taking back their own country or protesting against the US? Is something going on behind the scenes there?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Cooper and the like need to take it easy.
Ultimately, the overall movement is peaceful, but especially with the pro-mubarak supporters, there is going to be growing desperation. Worrying about the future, etc...

Seeing someone with fancy camera gear and such...good for selling off. Time to shoot from the hotel room balcony verses down in the street.

I don't see this as anti-us sentiment as much as "hey, lets get that guys stuff" sentiment.

Most people don't know who Anderson Cooper is over there.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This Is A Must See Video.

Only the voice in front of the camera, but what sense and wisdom they speak.

CNN's Nick Robertson speaks with some of the Muslim protesters .

I wonder if this was shown on America's state TV channel - I guess no question mark needed.

Fox

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is not just American journalists who have been attacked and caught up in the violence, also German, British etc so I wouldnt say its anti-american.

At the minute there is over 500 people injured in the violence, from all sides.

There is also reports saying that pro mubarak supporters have been purposely inciting the violence, some plain clothed policemen among them.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxoutfoxing

This Is A Must See Video.

Only the voice in front of the camera, but what sense and wisdom they speak.

CNN's Nick Robertson speaks with some of the Muslim protesters .

I wonder if this was shown on America's state TV channel - I guess no question mark needed.

Fox

Don't remember seeing that.
I do think though that fringe elements tend to have the loudest voices.
If they installed some pro-warfare eliminate israel government and made moves towards Israel, they would quickly find Egypt under israeli control, lock and stock..

Those whom do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

top topics

join