It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman's "right" to have a child

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
My view is that no person has the right to bring another human being into this world. Bringing a person into this world is a huge hugely important act which effects society. I was born into and raised up in poverty and strife, with 5 other siblings. Each one of us has had terribly difficult lives, but we are now in our 50s, and everyone is -finally- settling in and getting their stuff together, as-it-were. If I was given the choice in the spirit world by angels, the day before I was concieved back in 1958, I would say H**l NO! I love my family now, everyone shuns the negative. A long time coming, though. I never concieved and raised up kids (by choice) and -most- of my siblings, save 2, never bore offspring. The ones who did, each only had 2. From those, the ones in their 30s had none and one. (Very interesting, though, that this genetic line is coming to a screeching halt.)

I grew up with your identical scenero 5 kids...plus a later 2 by a second marriage my mother had kids, she never looked at them talked to them, held them but she had and had and had them! I agree completely and all horrible genetic lines need to stop reproducing and cause pain and suffering. Then the world would slowly refine and happiness would be the result.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You think you a fit and real representative of men as a whole? Spoiled Brats are NOT fit representatives for men.

Every time you try to create the false dichotomy of claiming that someone attacking *YOU* means that they are attacking all men, you deceive. A deceiver, and like the entitled Omega, it is a lie that appeals to their worst fears.

You're the coward hiding in the ranks of men.

You'd be the man standing in the middle of the hoard with a trumpet, nursing anger that some woman didn't do something for you, and hoping that in the dim light that when you sound the trumpet and scream "The Enemy Is Coming" that the men around you won't notice that the approaching crowd is their mothers, grandmothers, sisters, wives and daughters.

I see you for what you are.
edit on 2011/2/14 by Aeons because: Omega.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by sonnny1

You think you a fit and real representative of men as a whole? Spoiled Brats are NOT fit representatives for men.

Every time you try to create the false dichotomy of claiming that someone attacking *YOU* means that they are attacking all men, you deceive. A deceiver, and like the entitled Omega, it is a lie that appeals to their worst fears.

You'd be the man standing in the middle of the hoard with a trumpet, nursing anger that some woman didn't do something for you, and hoping that in the dim light that when you sound the trumpet and scream "The Enemy Is Coming" that the men around you won't notice that the approaching crowd is their mothers, grandmothers, sisters, wives and daughters.

I beg to differ.Its hateful,wrathful thinking that makes this world,the evil place it is today. I see even women taking up its charge. Just look at the quote above.. Just look at you passing Judgment on me? I dont even know you. To call me,or any man or women a Coward, speaks decibels,on how you are as a person,who you are in real life,and your utter hatred for men who have an opinion. Shocked that this hate is tolerated on ATS.I will Deny Ignorance in your statement. It is below my human standards. Peace.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Yawn, but you casually ignore the epidemically high male suicide rate, the fact that males die sooner, the fact that most males have to deal with a glass floor that limits are career options. The growing problem of the gender gap in education where boy's and men face a severe disadvantage in a female dominated institution.

Maybe your last paragraph isn't off. Look at how a mostly female jury gave a pass to Mary Winkler(reminiscent of a time when white juries gave a pass to the KKK when they murdered a fellow American, but because the American in question was "black") and how predominantly female juries tend to give passes to female criminals(unless it is another woman they hurt, then the juries tend to fry them).

Or when the first genetic test's came out how mothers and the mother in laws would beg doctors not to tell their son the truth(women fighting on behalf of a woman who cheated on her own son). You could go on and on. The problem isn't women themselves, because their just human beings. And human beings can be anything from good to down right evil. The problem is that most women view themselves as women first(and all those privileges and special "rights" that go along with it) and as human beings secondly, when convenient.

As human beings, female human beings shouldn't have the opportunity to view themselves as anything other than human beings.

But heck if this is all a lie then we have nothing to worry about. If the fact that the educational system( a system vital to any who wish to live at all) is effectively disenfranchising boy's isn't reality, then your right we have nothing to worry about.

If the fact that male human beings have no right to self determination other than abstinence/sterilization/mutilation is a lie, then your right there is nothing to worry about.

If the fact that every single feminist study has been proven to be a gross exaggeration of the truth or an outright lie is a lie, then your right we have nothing to worry about.

If the fact that honest human beings acting in good faith loose their job and are beaten to death because of a choice of a woman is a lie, then your right we have nothing to worry about.

But you know what? It isn't a lie and we do have something to worry about. Actually a lot to worry about.

Supporting links: www.debunker.com...
(I really like this one) feministhate.tripod.com...
antimisandry.com...
www.friesian.com...

No matter how deluded you are, reality will always force itself. By denying it you only cause that much more pain and suffering in the world.
edit on 15-2-2011 by korathin because: grammer,sentence structure fixes-

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This isnt about feminism..

Older female here.. and the man should run. The reason I feel this is that in all of my years of marriage I wouldnt even dream of disrespecting my husband in such a way as coercion or subterfuge. This thing about her wearing him down is THE most troubling aspect of the situation to me. She no longer loves or respects him if she stoops to that.... and this would indicate that he is only a means to get what SHE wants.. to hell with his feelings on it. With that kind of mind set I would question her fitness to raise a child in a healthy atmosphere at all.

The way big kids deal with this kind of thing is communication and decision making. If there is no consensus between the two that the agreement they originally had concerning no children should be changed, then there can be no children. Who is she to make unilateral decisions or attempt to manipulate ( and enlist others to help her) when he is half of the partnership and disagrees.... very immature thinking on this wife's part. I feel sorry for the husband.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Jkd Up

Oh, I'm not commenting on looks. I'm commenting on character. Nothing is uglier than ugly character.

I have dated men who aren't lookers, merely because there was something very interesting about them. And I've avoided dated men with money, power and looks due to their lack of values or character.

I choose men who are my equal. Men I can't and don't run over, because they have strength of character or intelligence.

So you needn't worry about my husband. He's just fine. He deserves trust, and my respect, and he has it.

He has the strength of his own convictions, without being annihilated by mine. I find these poor saps who are oppressed by their own lack of character and their lack of personal strength often mistake that feeling they are getting as anger at people who do have what they lack. Mouthy bowls of jelly.

Basically a guy who worship's women and agrees with everything you say.

Because the conviction that all human beings should have inherent rights to equality under the law is a conviction you view to be invalid and a conviction your husband lacks.

You talk of strength in a manner of strength to deal with all the BS in life that in unique to males. I read your replies but I can just hear audio from the 1950's of racist southerners complaining of "uppity Negroes*".

Guess what? Us "uppity spoiled men" aren't taking it anymore. Everyday another "uppity male" wakes up to the abuse and discrimination of the oppressive matriarchy. Just because you got yourself a "good man"(I invite the reader to look up how others used the mindset of "good"+"towards someone of a different race,gender,creed" while the person using such language holds supremacist ideology in their hearts, views themselves as having more "rights" and seeks to deny others of equal rights) doesn't really matter. I really, really don't care.
All I care about is not having to deal with discrimination anymore. I suppose it is something only those who have been truly oppressed and discriminated against could ever understand.

*I use this as an example because it is by far the most accurate example of a person showing complete condescending arrogance towards another person who demands to be free and equal under the law.

-
Forgot to add, doesn't it seem like someone who after they said something racist then say"I have a black friend*" and expect people to believe they aren't racist, or in this case sexist?

*yeah, last metaphor thingy using Americans of African descent, just that it fits well and gets the point across quickly
edit on 15-2-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join