It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman's "right" to have a child

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Now you know that's not true. It's not even Biblically true.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
reply to post by Britguy

BRITGUY: You said the "R" word!!! I'm telllliinnnnnnnnn!!!!

Great post. Thank you!

I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet for using other dirty words, like "accountability" in other posts. It's hard sometimes to keep such bad language in check when discussing the world today!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, you, the OP, have the right to inform Rob that Wanda is manipulating the situation and if he is wise he had better pull the curtains closed and button up the hatches because any woman that would go to this extent would indeed do something without his consent. This also means with him or without him.

I would be a better friend to both of them and sit them both down at the same time and face her and tell her what you are going to expose her for, then turn to Rob and say I Love you enough as a friend for you to know the truth here, and then get up and leave.

Maybe after they have a good fight she will get her wish! They say the sex is always the best under such circumstances!

Personally I don't care either way, the child will be entering a messed up world regardless; I vote for the Puppy!

Oh yes, and if you are really a friend you would show up with the Puppy! LOL
edit on 2/2/2011 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

WOAH! Don't push your luck BRITGUY!!! They made booting people pretty easy around here and that IS the second cuss word you dun used on this post...

I'll let it slide cos it's on another page, therefore, not in recent memory.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by beezzer
Why should women have a superior right to have children over the right of a man that doesn't?

She doesn't have a "superior right'. You're missing the point. Saying a woman has the right to have a child doesn't men she has a right to make her husband be a father. She will have to find sperm elsewhere.
Wow, BH, I really like the way you think.

Star on you again.(all of your posts on this thread got a star from me)
edit on 2-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   
Both men and woman have the right to make the decision to have kids or to not have them. I think the fact that she has gone to friends and tried to manipulate the situation shows to what extent she is willing to go to pressure Rob and have a child, imo given this fact i think Rob should leave...i have a feeling it is possible he might simply bite his lip and maybe think of agreeing to have kids when faced with the immediate prospect of losing his partner..even though he really doesn't want to, this is not a good foundation to build a family on. So i would say he should leave asap before things get messy.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Greensage

I can't... She is a cat person... they already have three cats...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Seems like a cut and dried case.
Get em on Jerry Springer and get it over with.
She's just going to keep on until she ruins that marriage any way.

If I were him I'd be talking to a lawyer right now.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If a person wants a child (assuming that they are capable of raising said child etc) and their partner does not want a child, it seems to me that they first need to find a partner that also wants a child.

This is really an issue of choosing your spouse carefully. Both of the parties in a marriage should have similar goals in life with regard to family, work, religion etc.

So, she chose poorly.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A woman is entitled to a baby, or to not have a baby. How she gets that baby is up to her, meaning Via her husband, a sperm bank/donation, adoption, or the mail man. If a woman doesn't want a child shes perfectly entitled to that as well. If your friend wants a baby and her hubby doesn't I suggest if its something she really really wants, Ditch the man and get one who wants kids. Since if she really does want a baby, he should be supportive of that.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Thanks for the post! So, he should support her want to have a child... What about his want not to? That should be nigated for the serenity of the relationship?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
...her behavior indicates that she's too immature / selfish to raise a child properly... she has no respect for her friends cuz she's using them to get her way... she has no respect for her husband or she wouldnt be using her friends to get to him...

...he either has to give in to her demands and live a life he doesnt want - or - move on... i wonder if he's asked her whats more important - their marriage or her desire to have a child... if not, he should... it might help him make the decision of whether to stay or go...

...its not really about her right to have a child... its about her changing the life plan they both agreed to... its no different than if they had vowed monogamy and then one of them suddenly decided they should be swingers and kept forcing the issue by bringing others into it...

...all that aside - she's 40 and that significantly increases the odds of fertility issues, miscarriage, as well as downs syndrome and far more catastophic birth defects and disabilities...

...does she even know if she can conceive?... what if she cant?... does she know what his sperm count is?... what if he cant impregnate her?... will she spend many thousands attempting artificial insemination or going through fertilization therapy?...

...if i knew this couple and she tried to manipulate me into helping her coerce her husband, i'd tell her purty much what i wrote in this post - but - i would add that she needs to have her mental health evaluated and he needs to have a consultation with a divorce lawyer ASAP...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

If she wants a child that badly and he does not want a child that badly, then the relationship (marriage) is pretty much over...just a matter of time.

She has a right to have a child, what she doesn't have a right to do is force her husband to be responsible for that child (unless he breaks down and provides his end....yay! for resentment issues...).

They should seriously start discussing their future together as a couple. If their wants are this different, maybe they would both be better served as friends?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by beezzer
shouldn't that be a decision made by two people?

Absolutely! As I said, forcing the husband to have a child when he doesn't want to is just as bad.

Wanda would have to find another man that's willing, or else go to a sperm bank. HER desire to have a child shouldn't outweigh his desire not to.
BOTH need to consent.

If she wants a child and he doesn't... I don't recommend going to a sperm bank. Any child conceived within the boundaries of marriage is still his responsibility despite who fathered the child. She should divorce her husband and find a willing partner elsewhere. And if a sperm bank is used after the divorce is final... she should be prepared to raise the child alone without tapping into any financial resources other than her own. JMO... for what it's worth.
edit on 2/2/11 by 1088no5 because: correction

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If she wants a child and the dude doesnt hes getting it in the end earth way .
he leaves her she takes half of his life with her .
he doesnt leave her hes stuck with a kid he dont want.
Over in the mid east its the woman how are down and taken advantaged of over here its the men.
if i was him I wouldnt say a word i would just sell every thing i could get my hands on then (that he worked for) If she payed for it from her OWN money its hers.
then put the cash in a secret place (not a bank account .
then leave .
and be glade he got out in time.
woman in America have become so self centered I have a 40d year old cousin how takes EVERY ones money anyway she can then clams she needs NO one .And yes she will do it in any under handed way she can.
My right to kill my unborn kid my right to have a kid you dont like it ill take half your life and dont expect a thank you.
American woman you see one RUN. no wonder so many men are going gay.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Please delete.
edit on 2/2/11 by 1088no5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1088no5

If she wants a child and he doesn't... I don't recommend going to a sperm bank. Any child conceived within the boundaries of marriage is still his responsibility despite who fathered the child. She should divorce her husband and find a willing partner elsewhere. And if a sperm bank is used after the divorce is final... she should be prepared to raise the child alone without tapping into any financial resources other than her own. JMO... for what it's worth.
edit on 2/2/11 by 1088no5 because: correction

This bears repeating. Excellent point.

Wyn made excellent points as well.
edit on 2-2-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: grrr these quotes- this computer, are driving me crazy

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

No not at all If she really wants it and he really loves her and does want to spend time the rest of his life with her, then he should make the effort. If he really doesn't want children its not going to work. I'm speaking from a woman's perspective. If you want the mans perspective, he can leave her. If he is really committed to not having children he can leave. If that's what ends their relationship then that's it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If she wants a child, and he doesn't, it is time to move on.

Plain and simple.

I had a nice conversation with my ex. When we became engaged, he wanted three children. I wanted three children. It was good.

After I had a miscarriage, suddenly he only wanted one or two children.

The argument went on for several days. Three. Two. Three. Two. Three.

Then he said, "Well after two I'm getting a vasectomy."

My response was, "Oh. So you don't want the third one to be yours then."

We aren't together. I married a man who wanted children. The ex married a woman who wanted none. Just as well, he's a bit too hedonistic to be a good dad probably.

Parenthood is too hard to undertake without your full intent. Being a child of a parent who doesn't want you is a horrible thing to do to a person.

If she wants a child, then she needs to leave him.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
She should file for divorce and go to a clinic and get inseminated screw the dirtbag!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join