It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISCLOSURE = Please Think For Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In light of the recent videos of UFO sightings in Jerusalem, and just being tired of listening to people whine about being on the fence as to whether UFO sightings captured on video are valid based on popular (government) opinion, I'm coming right out and telling you all that you should be thinking on your own.

Why do you need a government or any other "authority" to tell you what you know already?

With information being as abundant as it is throughout the world, armchair Ufologists know just as much and more (in many cases) than any so-called experts in the burgeoning field.

Do you need permission to think on your own?

I personally think you (in a general sense) do and I'm sick of it. Humankind is better than that.

You truly do show that you are nothing more than mindless slaves waiting for the master to give you permission to think.

My grandfather taught me one of the most important phrases I'll ever know about how to make decisive conclusions on your own, as to move on to the more important facets of life.

**** or get off the pot.

Old school Brooklyn longshoreman don't care for fine prose...

Raw words, but true.

Over the summer I had the wonderful opportunity to speak with Dr. Edgar Mitchell for an extended conversation and I asked him the same question when he brought up disclosure.

Why do we really need the government to tell us what we already know?

He hesitated for a moment and said, "you know, you've got something there..." but before he quickly moved on as not to get pinned down to any defining statements against the gov't, he said "No one has ever asked me that question."

In the words of Cher in Moonstruck, "Snap out of it!"

Think for yourselves and stop waiting for someone to give you permission to live...

Thank you for taking the time to read...

edit on 2/2/2011 by Tapped In because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

I agree.

I don't know why many have to have someone on tv tell them before they even consider it. There is just too much out there imo with research that can't be explained. I don't need anyone to tell me how to think or what to believe. I make my own decisions based on my personal research.

link   
oops duplicate
edit on 2/2/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

link   
s + f,

ps i like your signature. and it's applicable to your post

link   
The government lies so much I wouldn't believe it anyways.
I would automatically think of whats the spin and whats the agenda because their record on being truthful isn't very good.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
When I think of disclosure I think of it as being an actual mass sighting in full public view of more than just a strange orb of light high in the sky where the rest of society won't be so quick to dismiss it as "crazy talk".

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I agree.

I don't know why many have to have someone on tv tell them before they even consider it. There is just too much out there imo with research that can't be explained. I don't need anyone to tell me how to think or what to believe. I make my own decisions based on my personal research.

Good for you, I'm glad you are out there. Thanks for your kind response...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yup. I completely agree. I can't for the life of me understand why people HAVE to hear it from the government that they don't even trust. It doesn't make sense. The amount of proof already out there should be enough. We depend on our "leaders" far too much. To the point that what we see simply isn't enough... we have to be told what we just saw!

I wrote a similar thread last year.

Why Do We Expect Disclosure?

Great thread! S&F

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Thanks for all your quick responses... I'll read and answer all later. I need to run some errands.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I agree... S&F! ATS has it's share of sceptics for sure but the majority of members have an objective open mind. It is the few rotten apples that throw doubt on the fire and I don't listen to them. I like you,make my own opinion based upon my experiences and beliefs.
People need to open their eyes and trust what they believe to be the truth. there is too much evidence of intelligent extra terrestrial life IMO. The govenrments of the world don't need to tell us what to believe.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

Yup. I completely agree. I can't for the life of me understand why people HAVE to hear it from the government that they don't even trust. It doesn't make sense. The amount of proof already out there should be enough. We depend on our "leaders" far too much. To the point that what we see simply isn't enough... we have to be told what we just saw!

I wrote a similar thread last year.

Why Do We Expect Disclosure?

Great thread! S&F

Thanks! I'll make sure to read your thread...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile
I agree... S&F! ATS has it's share of sceptics for sure but the majority of members have an objective open mind. It is the few rotten apples that throw doubt on the fire and I don't listen to them. I like you,make my own opinion based upon my experiences and beliefs.
People need to open their eyes and trust what they believe to be the truth. there is too much evidence of intelligent extra terrestrial life IMO. The govenrments of the world don't need to tell us what to believe.

Wonderful! I couldn't have stated it better. Why ask what you already know...

top topics

join